Vonny Leclerc #2 It’s a Von Trap!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just realising, this must be an older photo, she's dyed her fringe (sorry, in Vonny parlance, 'bangs') since it was taken.
Oh so it is! In that case, glad she has the energy to dye her fringe 😂 honestly though, dying your hair is tiring so I've no idea how she could be arsed with the effort of rainbow fringe

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Great compo face, think she's reached the point of no return on the lips though

• Haha
Reactions: 5
:rolleyes: I’m gubbed trying to understand what the hell her knowledge work post means
It is actually quite insightful although not original. She's saying that nowadays we spend so much time answering emails, setting up appointments etc that there's less time available for the actual work. She then says that going on holiday can actually create more work in the long run, because you need to catch up with all your work when you get back. It's possible to say this in plain language, but there is a type of intellectual insecurity which means the use of jargon and complex nomenclature for simple concepts is a way of signifying intelligence.

Reactions: 19
It is actually quite insightful although not original. She's saying that nowadays we spend so much time answering emails, setting up appointments etc that there's less time available for the actual work. She then says that going on holiday can actually create more work in the long run, because you need to catch up with all your work when you get back. It's possible to say this in plain language, but there is a type of intellectual insecurity which means the use of jargon and complex nomenclature for simple concepts is a way of signifying intelligence.
Haha, thanks I was actually able to decipher that. Kind of seems like exactly the conversation every single office worker has about once a week, but if she can wangle a 900 word by-line from it then good for her. Would make a change from flogging sickly Persian kittens

I absolutely love this sentence by the way:

“there is a type of intellectual insecurity which means the use of jargon and complex nomenclature for simple concepts is a way of signifying intelligence”

😄😄

• Haha
Haha, thanks I was actually able to decipher that. Kind of seems like exactly the conversation every single office worker has about once a week, but if she can wangle a 900 word by-line from it then good for her. Would make a change from flogging sickly Persian kittens

I absolutely love this sentence by the way:

“there is a type of intellectual insecurity which means the use of jargon and complex nomenclature for simple concepts is a way of signifying intelligence”

😄😄
It’s like she doesnt see it in herself...

I sort of agree with her on a lot of points but it would be better if she wrote in normal English. Plus who is able to just stop their normal job in the middle of the day and start writng papers?
And who's the 'paper' even for? Who's she going to give it to, what's she going to do with it? So many questions.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm not a member of "The Academy" but if I understand correctly, in academia you don't just start out with a hypothesis and write a paper all about how your hypothesis is right? And doesn't academic work require you to at least add to the cumulative knowledge/literature base by idk maybe doing some research on it or something? Academic paper =/= opinion column.

And could someone please explain how there is a gap in the literature when she's posted a screenshot of some literature written about what she says there's a gap in the literature about? 🧐

I'm not a member of "The Academy" but if I understand correctly, in academia you don't just start out with a hypothesis and write a paper all about how your hypothesis is right? And doesn't academic work require you to at least add to the cumulative knowledge/literature base by idk maybe doing some research on it or something? Academic paper =/= opinion column.

And could someone please explain how there is a gap in the literature when she's posted a screenshot of some literature written about what she says there's a gap in the literature about? 🧐
Oh I've just realised she's posted a screenshot of her draft and not someone else's work!

Oh I've just realised she's posted a screenshot of her draft and not someone else's work!

Right. This has really annoyed me. She clearly has no idea what academics actually do. You don't submit your personal opinion to academic papers. You need to back up what you're saying with evidence. Insta story replies are not scientific evidence. She is shitting all over the scientific method.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I am a member of “The Academy” of sorts. That’s not how you write papers; even planning takes weeks and a hell of a lot of research. You can’t see a gap in the literature in a morning.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Right. This has really annoyed me. She clearly has no idea what academics actually do. You don't submit your personal opinion to academic papers. You need to back up what you're saying with evidence. Insta story replies are not scientific evidence. She is shitting all over the scientific method.
I think we need to remember this a woman who attacked any questions about Covid data and information as science denialism while dishing out tarot card readings and cultivating her witchcraft aesthetic

Oh that actually reminds me...when she moved to Fife and posted the research about all the women drowned and burned at the stake there, she framed this like “so tragic to think of all those witches who lost their lives” as opposed to, all these innocent non-witch women who were tortured and killed by paranoid fanatics.

Is it just me or is the point mainly that they weren’t *actually* witches casting hexes on their neighbours?

• Haha
I think we need to remember this a woman who attacked any questions about Covid data and information as science denialism while dishing out tarot card readings and cultivating her witchcraft aesthetic

Oh that actually reminds me...when she moved to Fife and posted the research about all the women drowned and burned at the stake there, she framed this like “so tragic to think of all those witches who lost their lives” as opposed to, all these innocent non-witch women who were tortured and killed by paranoid fanatics.

Is it just me or is the point mainly that they weren’t *actually* witches casting hexes on their neighbours?
Yep, that's the point! 75 percent of "witches" were women. Most accusations originated in personal rivalries - you could accuse your neighbour of witchcraft if your bread went stale too quick.

Reactions: 8
I literally was thinking this all morning! I’m an ex member of the academy (As in i studied for a science degree).
How arrogant do you have to be to think that you have identified a gap in the literature when work psychologists have probably been researching this since 1994? She’s so delusional it’s actually quite funny 😂
I am a member of “The Academy” of sorts. That’s not how you write papers; even planning takes weeks and a hell of a lot of research. You can’t see a gap in the literature in a morning.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.