Vogue Williams & Joanne McNally

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to enjoy Spenser and Vogues podcast until she started repeating the same stories on the podcast too.

Reactions: 3
I saw Joanne in the palladium I’m london she was great. Booked tickets again for November.
will get tickets for the podcast when they come to london. 😊
this isn’t the right place to ask so apologies but is the palladium easy to get to? I have tickets for a show and don’t know whether to drive back to Bristol the same night or whether it’s easier to stay up. X

this isn’t the right place to ask so apologies but is the palladium easy to get to? I have tickets for a show and don’t know whether to drive back to Bristol the same night or whether it’s easier to stay up. X
Nooooo. Definitely do not drive it would be near impossible, or it will cost a fortune. It’s just off Oxford street which is hell.
If you’re coming from Bristol I would suggest the train. As driving anywhere in london is just stress 😊x

Reactions: 1
Be nice if their tour went a bit further than Dublin..

Be nice if their tour went a bit further than Dublin..
Joanne has literally just done a nation wide tour. She’s even gigged in the UK. I don’t get this Dublin shite. They have just announced the biggest indoor venue in the country - off the back of their trial run at EP. And only 2 days ago, give them a break ffs

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That is steep enough alright for tickets. I got tickets for them in the Gaiety, can’t remember the cost but certainly more than what I paid for Joanne at Vicar Street.

only thought is that it’s a bigger production and there’s two of them to split the profits? Voguey has to eat!

That is steep enough alright for tickets. I got tickets for them in the Gaiety, can’t remember the cost but certainly more than what I paid for Joanne at Vicar Street.

only thought is that it’s a bigger production and there’s two of them to split the profits? Voguey has to eat!
The Gaiety tickets were €65!

Reactions: 2
I really really really like the girls but €65/€75 is f*cking mental for such a new "artist/gig". As others have said by next November listenership may have dropped from pod. I know myself the past 3 weeks I've found it very same-sey.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I like both Vogue and Joanne, and never miss a podcast. However, the podcast is gone stale now, imagine what it will be like by November next year :sleep:

Reactions: 9
Saw Louie CK years ago at the 3 arena. It just doesn’t work for comedy gigs. Wish they had done a longer stretch at gaiety. Screams of greed a bit.

Reactions: 6
Saw Louie CK years ago at the 3 arena. It just doesn’t work for comedy gigs. Wish they had done a longer stretch at gaiety. Screams of greed a bit.
Tbf when you look at the run of sold out shows Joanne has this year maybe doing an extended run in a smaller venue just wasn't feasible for them both. And the 12 therapist gigs sold out in minutes!

Saying that now, I won't be splashing 75 quid out this week for a show in 14 months time. I'll see if I can pick up a ticket closer to the time maybe

Reactions: 8
I love them !!

I agree the pod should take a wee break so there is some absence to make my heart grow fonder.

€74 is crazy price for a live pod.

Vogue works very hard at being relatable. She is good at it. She over exposes her kids too much but to be fair, they are very cute.

For me, Joanne can do no wrong.

Reactions: 11
It's definitely getting stale we've heard all their past good stories and when Joanne was dating she was a goldmine for stories. I cried laughing at the episode after she'd hooked up with some young lad. Talking about what they've done during the week when they're not doing anything interesting isn't going to sustain the podcast until next November. I reckon there'll people flogging tickets close to the event

It's definitely getting stale we've heard all their past good stories and when Joanne was dating she was a goldmine for stories. I cried laughing at the episode after she'd hooked up with some young lad. Talking about what they've done during the week when they're not doing anything interesting isn't going to sustain the podcast until next November. I reckon there'll people flogging tickets close to the event
I really hope it's not a 50/50 split because, let's face it, it's Joanne who makes that pod. They're both great together but for me, Joanne brings the lion's share in terms of entertainment factor. She's the natural comedian, Vogue isn't.

May I just add that I started listening to MTGM pods from the beginning just a couple of months ago, currently up to Feb 2022 episodes and will continue until I catch up. It's disappointing to hear the newer material is running stale, but not surprising.

Last edited:
I really hope it's not a 50/50 split because, let's face it, it's Joanne who makes that pod. They're both great together but for me, Joanne brings the lion's share in terms of entertainment factor. She's the natural comedian, Vogue isn't.
Why would it not be a 50/50 split?
When the pod started, let's face it, Vogue was the bigger name. She all ready had an established pod with Spencer. She was appearing on shows and TV ads.
Joanne was doing small time gigs.
The pod is bringing in 2.5 million listeners a week now so there's no question that the pod has raised her profile hugely.

Regardless of who is funnier and who isn't, they are both doing the same amount of work on it.

I'd say it is 50/50. Vogue gave her the exposure and got her going. 100% Joanne is carrying it. I'll be interested to read Joanne's book when it comes out. I wonder will it be for this Christmas? Anyone heard it's launch date?

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.