Vogue Williams & Joanne McNally

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just catching up on pod from a few weeks ago.
Did anyone work out what company didn’t want to work with Vogue again, due to something Joanne said on the Pod?

Reactions: 1
You are not too old for EP so many different age groups where there
Ah I know sorry, I don't mean to old as in I'm over a certain age, just too old as in when my children start going places then mommy needs to stop 🤣🤭

All though it would be worth it to see his face when his oulone raves by his tent at 3am 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Just got a presale code for MTGM in the 3
How much are they if you don’t mind me asking? I was actually looking at resale for the first tour earlier and 74€ each seems really steep to me. I know it will be a good day but just sounds mental. 😳😳

Reactions: 2
How much are they if you don’t mind me asking? I was actually looking at resale for the first tour earlier and 74€ each seems really steep to me. I know it will be a good day but just sounds mental. 😳😳
To be fair most gigs are starting at 50€ and then ticket master adds another fiver or so.. Going to these things are saucy

To be fair most gigs are starting at 50€ and then ticket master adds another fiver or so.. Going to these things are saucy
Really?! I pay that for a concert of course, but I can’t imagine this being a show as big as a concert.
The two johnnies were a lot cheaper than 75€ and put on a big show. I think the two talkin bollox lads were about €30 in vicar street.

maybe I’m just mean 😂😂. I refuse to go to the likes of Ed Sheeran and Adelle coz the concerts are so expensive. €75 is more than I paid to see the spice girls in 2019 😬.

Reactions: 4
Doesn’t say as they don’t come out until the 7th. It’s in November 2023,it will be hard for them to stay relevant until then. Vogue is already starting to repeat stories on the pod 😴

Reactions: 14
Nah, not for a live podcast. Sure, big music acts are expensive, they’re flying in live bands and dancers and typically lots of staging and overall music concerts are typically just bigger,
more complex productions.
MTGM will be the Joanne and Vogue and Producer Joe in the back ground - very cheap to stage. €76 is extortion.
For comparison, you can go to Joanne’s show in Vicar St for €26 plus ticketmaster fees, so probably €30ish in total.
I was interested in going at first but I’m not willing to be ripped off to watch 2 people talking.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Doesn’t say as they don’t come out until the 7th. It’s in November 2023,it will be hard for them to stay relevant until then. Vogue is already starting to repeat stories on the pod 😴
Agreed. As much as I've been enjoying their podcast this year and it's great to see some women in comedy doing well, I'm just not sure if I'd feel the same about them next November. They very much have a good slot in their market at the moment but they need to stay fresh, current and relevant. They are risking "over egging" their current popularity. (Says me like as if I'd know what's cool - I was late to the party even listening to their podcast). I hope nothing happens to "cancel" them.

€75? bleeping hell. Just had a quick look on Ticketmaster for comparison. Bob Dylan tickets are €90 and Garth Brooks tickets are €80. It's so cheeky.

Reactions: 10
Agreed. As much as I've been enjoying their podcast this year and it's great to see some women in comedy doing well, I'm just not sure if I'd feel the same about them next November. They very much have a good slot in their market at the moment but they need to stay fresh, current and relevant. They are risking "over egging" their current popularity. (Says me like as if I'd know what's cool - I was late to the party even listening to their podcast). I hope nothing happens to "cancel" them.
Joanne is carrying the podcast lately. I don’t know what’s going on, but I’m finding the pod boring lately. Joanne would be great out on her own. Vogue told that story about the father putting the money in the vase twice now.

Reactions: 14
Exactly - when I listened I thought I had an old pod on repeat. It’s getting a little boring now- vogue especially.
Joanne is carrying the podcast lately. I don’t know what’s going on, but I’m finding the pod boring lately. Joanne would be great out on her own. Vogue told that story about the father putting the money in the vase twice now.

Reactions: 4
They could do with taking a break every now and again to make people miss it and build up a bit of anticipation. No need for two pods a week either. I really look forward to the Friday one and know I have it to look forward to on the Friday commute home, whereas the middle of the week one is over before it even gets going. They definitely need to take frequent breaks just to keep the whole thing fresh and also to keep their vibe together strong, and so they don’t get sick of one another

Reactions: 6
I adore the pod. I'm defo gonna go regardless but I am a little disappointed that they stand over that price point. If you can go see Joanne for 30e these tickets should be 50/60e at most. They're going to clean up! For 2 sounders that price is absolute notions like.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.