Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Swordshead

I think there is a reasonably likely prospect it was exaggerated for the lols (although I'm aware not many here find it funny).
Yeah who knows what went on behind the scenes. It actually sounded funny when she told the story but IRL, you'd be so annoyed. There's lots of long-term little things that make a friendship work but a few big things, like an important family event that you just have to respectfully show up for 🤷🏻‍♀️ Still think she's great though and she'll be like the gas Aunt Jeanne (is that her name?) ☺

roo689

VIP Member
Yeah I think the same - she's mentioned on the pod and posted on her Insta pics of him with his designer gear (Prada wash bag, LV holdall etc) so whatever he does, he must have some money

Joanne is making enough herself now that I doubt she'd be looking to go out with someone who couldn't pay their way or keep up with her lifestyle
Yeah to be fair there’s money to be made in tech sales. Does anyone know how old his kids are? I just saw the doc about Joanne thinking about if she wanted kids from a few years ago. I know she froze her eggs but that was a paid ad with one of the clinics here 🧐

dinoboat

Yep I am a mature student. I was 24 when we were dating. I think he was 41 at the time so 42 now? I was defo a bit naive to say the least haha. Yea he’s good friends with Keith Duffy’s son Jay who is an actor in London so got referred by him as far as I know!
Assume he’s been married before then?

NoseyNiamh

VIP Member
Yep. I really enjoyed it. Thought I would be breaking my arse laughing- I wasn't however, she was still very funny. I've been to comedy shows where I've felt like I haven't been able to breathe with laughing, not the case with Joanne. Still a great night out 😊
Sorry to derail but who has been the funniest you've seen?

ChrisInghamsBeanie

Chatty Member
Some also said they had been seeing him for awhile and he is not as he seems or something along those lines. Someone else might remember the exact details
A poster up thread said she dated him, that he invited her on a weekend in the K club, stiffed her with the bill (few thousand) then ghosted her (and she was a student, so a good bit younger/poorer than him :insert red flag emoji: )

I just made an account because I’ve just seen that they’re dating. I dated Alan before him and Joanne must have gotten together and you’ve hit the nail on the head with your comment!

He was unemployed when I was dating him in February/ March of this year anyway.
This poster

yea in my opinion he just was not a very nice person. never had the decency to end our relationship in a mature way, instead just decided to block me on everything 😂 this was after I called him out for not wishing me a happy valentine’s day, no flowers etc, and also a friend spotting him on Raya when we were supposed to be exclusive. Last I heard from him was when he left me with a 1500 bill in the K Club (I’m a college student) after saying it was his treat… also loves a name drop as I think he knows the lads from Boyzone? Keith Duffy I think? I hope he has good intentions with her but I definitely think he’s a bit of a social climber 😂
This post

He worked in sales when we started dating, it was a new job and he was in it for about a month but was let go. He was applying for jobs when we ended so I’m not sure what his current employment status is.
Red flag

Yep I am a mature student. I was 24 when we were dating. I think he was 41 at the time so 42 now? I was defo a bit naive to say the least haha. Yea he’s good friends with Keith Duffy’s son Jay who is an actor in London so got referred by him as far as I know!
I found it hard to get a word in to be honest so no I wouldn’t say the craic was mighty. But he‘s obviously not bad to look at so I guess I put up with it. Looking back I should have dumped him after I started seeing the red flags but you just make excuses sometimes! Easier said than done I guess 😊

I agree, there’s so many guys like that around.. who think that being good looking makes up for their shit personality 😂

Sunfl0wer

I did think something when I listened to the pod. Just seemed off. But the I saw preview clip and realised it sounded completely different with the visual if that makes sense?

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
'Her father was a very successful architect who designed public buildings in Harare and founded a cricket club.'

Delighted for her!😄

I just hate all the reverence that's shown to 'old money' and knowing the labyrinthine layers of the British class system I doubt the chinless Old Money brigade who trace their lineage back to King Aethelwulf would be accepting of the Matthews clan as belonging to their niche in society, no matter how many cricket clubs his maternal grandfather designed. Some of them view the Windsors as being johnny-come-latelys.
I'm just proving the point that she came from a privileged and wealthy background, and therefore is old money. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah but I mean in a broader sense - rich families, not old money. Same as the Middletons. Sure - Vogue was not on the same level as Spencer but neither are old money - just rich through their parents' businesses. I agree Spencer's mum was already wealthy but again, I don't recall it being "old money" as was the suggestion above.
'Old money is the inherited wealth of established upper class families or a person, family or lineage possessing inherited wealth.'

If we are to go by the above definition Spencer is old money.