Vogue Williams & Joanne McNally

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This isn't true. It was his grandfather who was a mechanic from Rotherham.

James Matthews (Spencer's father) made his fortune through car dealership, before going into the hotel business.
He did start out as a mechanic though and then got involved in motorsport

• Wow
Reactions: 3
This isn't true. It was his grandfather who was a mechanic from Rotherham.

James Matthews (Spencer's father) made his fortune through car dealership, before going into the hotel business.
He grew up near Rotherham and his first job was in his father's garage. Then he went on to make his millions.

Either way, not 'old money'.

Reactions: 9
Agree, and Vogue isn't exactly from a poor background. I think they're quite similar in background tbf.

He grew up near Rotherham and his first job was in his father's garage. Then he went on to make his millions.

Either way, not 'old money'.
Why are you just taking into account his father though? 😅
What about his mother? If you take her into account - Spencer is certainly old money.
She had a very privileged upbringing. She grew up in a gated estate in Zimbabwe. His mother is an artist who went to Slade School of Art and studied Fine Arts at Rhodes Uni in South Africa. Her father was a very successful architect who designed public buildings in Harare and founded a cricket club.

Agree, and Vogue isn't exactly from a poor background. I think they're quite similar in background tbf.
I don't think they have a similar background at all!
Vogue is definitely privileged in a sense, but on the podcast when she talks about her younger years she talks about shoplifting and drinking cans in a field.
Whilst Spencer is talking about hanging out with P Diddy in St Barts, and what he had for supper in Eton! 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 11
'Her father was a very successful architect who designed public buildings in Harare and founded a cricket club.'

Delighted for her!😄

I just hate all the reverence that's shown to 'old money' and knowing the labyrinthine layers of the British class system I doubt the chinless Old Money brigade who trace their lineage back to King Aethelwulf would be accepting of the Matthews clan as belonging to their niche in society, no matter how many cricket clubs his maternal grandfather designed. Some of them view the Windsors as being johnny-come-latelys.

It's all a lot of baloney is what I'm saying. And yes, yer one looked a state at the christening.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Why are you just taking into account his father though? 😅
What about his mother? If you take her into account - Spencer is certainly old money.
She had a very privileged upbringing. She grew up in a gated estate in Zimbabwe. His mother is an artist who went to Slade School of Art and studied Fine Arts at Rhodes Uni in South Africa. Her father was a very successful architect who designed public buildings in Harare and founded a cricket club.

I don't think they have a similar background at all!
Vogue is definitely privileged in a sense, but on the podcast when she talks about her younger years she talks about shoplifting and drinking cans in a field.
Whilst Spencer is talking about hanging out with P Diddy in St Barts, and what he had for supper in Eton! 😂
Yeah but I mean in a broader sense - rich families, not old money. Same as the Middletons. Sure - Vogue was not on the same level as Spencer but neither are old money - just rich through their parents' businesses. I agree Spencer's mum was already wealthy but again, I don't recall it being "old money" as was the suggestion above.

Reactions: 4
'Her father was a very successful architect who designed public buildings in Harare and founded a cricket club.'

Delighted for her!😄

I just hate all the reverence that's shown to 'old money' and knowing the labyrinthine layers of the British class system I doubt the chinless Old Money brigade who trace their lineage back to King Aethelwulf would be accepting of the Matthews clan as belonging to their niche in society, no matter how many cricket clubs his maternal grandfather designed. Some of them view the Windsors as being johnny-come-latelys.
I'm just proving the point that she came from a privileged and wealthy background, and therefore is old money. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah but I mean in a broader sense - rich families, not old money. Same as the Middletons. Sure - Vogue was not on the same level as Spencer but neither are old money - just rich through their parents' businesses. I agree Spencer's mum was already wealthy but again, I don't recall it being "old money" as was the suggestion above.
'Old money is the inherited wealth of established upper class families or a person, family or lineage possessing inherited wealth.'

If we are to go by the above definition Spencer is old money.

Alan calling Joanne “attainable” 🚩 🚩 🚩
Honestly, I think people are reading too much into this.

The full story, as told on the pod.

Joanne was on Irish TV. Alan slid into her dms. Joanne never opened it.
Then they matched on Raya, added on insta and Joanne saw the message and mostly likely ribbed Alan about it.
She said .. why did you slide into my dms and he said ... cause you looked attainable.
I imagine it was a bit of craic between the pair of them and she was taking the piss and visa versa.

I was actually going out with someone when I met my now husband and he pursued me. I guarantee if I took the piss out of him now over it and asked him why he was chasing me his response would be " you looked gamey" or something similar.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13

Then they matched on Raya, added on insta and Joanne saw the message and mostly likely ribbed Alan about it.
She said .. why did you slide into my dms and he said ... cause you looked attainable.
I imagine it was a bit of craic between the pair of them and she was taking the piss and visa versa.

I was actually going out with someone when I met my now husband and he pursued me. I guarantee if I took the piss out of him now over it and asked him why he was chasing me his response would be " you looked gamey" or something similar.
Well that's fair enough - I haven't listened to the pod. I thought it must have been a joke!

He’s fallen asleep multiple times having sex with her LOL please

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I'm just proving the point that she came from a privileged and wealthy background, and therefore is old money. 🤷‍♀️

'Old money is the inherited wealth of established upper class families or a person, family or lineage possessing inherited wealth.'

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Reactions: 1

I don't where that definition came from but even if we use it, he is not "established upper class" (and neither is his mum, as far as I'm aware) so he still wouldn't fall into the category.

I don't where that definition came from but even if we use it, he is not "established upper class" (and neither is his mum, as far as I'm aware) so he still wouldn't fall into the category.
...'or a person, family or lineage possessing inherited wealth'

And likewise I'm not sure how you can insist that the son of a one time Rotherham mechanic is Old Money. Hence we're agreeing to disagree.
And likewise Old Money is not judged on one parent solely especially when the other had a wealthy and privileged background.

• Haha
...'or a person, family or lineage possessing inherited wealth'
Okay fair enough but I still don't think a successful architect necessarily equates to that. "Old money" usually suggests you don't have to work. I'm not sure if you're British or not (I am) but old money doesn't mean what it does in other countries I don't think. As above poster said, let's agree to disagree.

Reactions: 2
Pretty sure Vogue grew up in a house with tennis courts, she talks shoplifting etc to try and come across as relatable.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.