Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Maybe Joanne was more attracted to him because he made her and laugh and she thought he was funny, might have been more that than his looks she was attracted too.

Reactions: 9

Puffin

VIP Member
I listened to the new episode today and while I was expecting all out war it was tamer than I expected. Joanne does get pissed off with Vogue but I don't blame her. Vogue tends to talk over Joanne and give her opinion or get her story out first almost like she thinks what Joanne has to say is less important than what she has to say. I do agree though Vogue is not the brightest bulb and Joanne is smarter than her

Basketweaver

I'm only at the episode of the pod where joanne is put out that she is nort the only god parent to otto...there's alot of jokey banter but you can tell she is genuinely hurt 😪

• Heart

Bezzzz

I would guess you’d want to keep Laura on side - she is a multi channel / podcaster and radio presenter. Linked to most stations. As an ally she would help excel to the next level.

Deevee47

VIP Member
OMG looks like vogue has come to visit her aunt in a nursing home or drying out clinic!!
I LOVE Joanne but that outfit looks like she raised a clothes bin - not appropriate attire and really quite a let down.
bet prada peter was well turned out.

Oh my gosh, this one! I can’t wait to hear about this on the pod

• Haha

Deevee47

VIP Member
Couldn’t agree more. She mentioned on a pod the other day that Joanne is really funny when she listens to her. Maybe she should give her a chance to speak then, rather than constantly speaking over her with her BORING stories and comments. She absolutely loves the sound of her own voice and should give the listeners a rest from it. I wish Joanne and someone else did the pod sometime … she’s so much funnier than vogue and vague knows it too!!!
Someone really needs to tell Vogue to shut the fuck up and let people speak when they want to. She thinks her voice and opinions are so important that not only does she need to repeat them on multiple podcasts but also talk over others to get them across

lunchable

Chatty Member
Yeah but my point is that a lot can be forgiven when you have a very successful money-making pod based on Joanne's carcrash life. TBH I'm not religious so maybe it's more serious than I'm giving credit for. I mean I actually forgot to pay for my own wedding venue on my wedding day so we had to have a card whip round or not get married. Everyone thought it was hilarious so maybe I'm not the right person to ask!
I’m not religious either and I doubt Vogue and Spencer are tbf but I think whether it’s serious or not is more about it being an important event for friends and families - without getting into the whole thing of Irish people doing religious ceremonies for the sake of it cos it’s the done thing etc etc I think you can consider attendance serious without giving a shit about the holy side. I’m my niece’s godmother and do I fuck believe in god but her christening was still important to me yano?

roo689

VIP Member
Can we keep the threads together please I quite like that this is the first one I’ve been on that people don’t snap at each other for daring to deviate from either harsh criticism on normal threads or glowing praise on rave threads. People actually talk like adults here and have interesting discussions 😂 I’m yet to see a ‘bit of everything’ section for threads but I like this, I like that there’s a middle ground and it isn’t limited to just ripping into them for breathing or singing their praises like they can do no wrong
Agreed we don’t need it be full of stans like Rosemary McCabes thread. Allow dissenting opinions

I like Joanne and think she's hilarious. But I also think she's a deeply traumatised person and her chaotic nature / extreme comedy / drinking / obsession with appearance is just a cover up. The eating disorder too, which seems to have been a lifelong thing. It makes her human and relatable I guess, but then you see her doing things like showing up late for her God-son's funeral and dating guys who seem more than a little toxic (looking at you Prada Peter) and it feels a bit uncomfortable. I think the adoption did impact her deeply.

But I suppose you could say the same for a lot of comedians to be fair!

I like Joanne and think she's hilarious. But I also think she's a deeply traumatised person and her chaotic nature / extreme comedy / drinking / obsession with appearance is just a cover up. The eating disorder too, which seems to have been a lifelong thing. It makes her human and relatable I guess, but then you see her doing things like showing up late for her God-son's funeral and dating guys who seem more than a little toxic (looking at you Prada Peter) and it feels a bit uncomfortable. I think the adoption did impact her deeply.

I meant God-son's BAPTISM, Jesus, sorry,!

I meant God-son's BAPTISM, Jesus, sorry!

Last edited:
  • Haha

barabra cundy

i had no clue who Vogue williams was until i saw the fairy non bio advert

in my head she is just the irish woman from an advert who pretentiously named her son Theodore

• Haha

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
I can actually understand the 'no ring, no bring' thing to an extent, or perhaps not inviting people partners/plus ones if you don't actually know them yourself personally.

I would imagine there is nothing worse than looking back at your wedding pictures/video and seeing random girlfriends that didn't last.

Snowjoke

VIP Member
I just don’t know how Joanne puts up with Vogue and her constant braggy behaviour 🙄 always trying to sound so relatable when she 100% isn’t. She also never shuts up about her kids, Joanne doesn’t have any kids I’m sure she’s like fuck here we go again 🤷🏻‍♀️

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
Joanne is a very smart woman but she is a fool for love and has said it about herself before. I really hope she has her smarts with him where her money is concerned. She has worked so hard to get it

NoseyNiamh

VIP Member
I met PJ a few times and he is really nice but I imagine at the time she was craving any type of affection/attention from men and PJ probably met her needs.

Now Des Bishop...he's a bit of a dick

• Wow