Vogue Williams #5 She’s allowed to have a career and a life and a family, it’s not 1950.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This sounds absolutely insane.

'He explained: 'It's going to be in the mid forties degrees celsius... It has to be 100% on sand. If my feet leave sand at any point, that marathon for that day is then void and for it to be a world record, the thirty have to be consecutive.'

To qualify for the Guinness World Record, Spencer will need to run the full distance - 1,266km - on sand. He will not be able to cross roads, grass, rivers or other terrain during the 30 marathons, making the challenge a logistical, as well as physical and mental feat.

In order to safely prepare for the challenge, which will take place from 29th July to 27th August, Spencer is undertaking a gruelling training regime, running more than 1,800km in preparation and acclimatising his body using sweat testing, and training for up to 15 consecutive days in a lab-controlled heat chamber set to 40C and 40% humidity, in an effort to mimic the conditions of the Jordanian desert.'

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Don't understand why he's doing this, is it bragging rights? If social media didn't exist, would he still take this insane challenge on? Is it to feed an ego for likes, more followers & possibly more sponsors ie $$$$?

Reactions: 21
Don't understand why he's doing this, is it bragging rights? If social media didn't exist, would he still take this insane challenge on? Is it to feed an ego for likes, more followers & possibly more sponsors ie $$$$?
I wondered the same.

Perhaps he just really likes sand.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I just think if this was Vogue doing something this self-indulgent she would be crucified. I hate the double standard. Men with children can do whatever the duck they like and women are terrible mothers if they do anything.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
Can’t be shagging about on the 🍾 and ❄ if you’re running for miles upon miles in the desert…
He’s just replaced one addiction with another

Reactions: 17
While I get what you're saying, it can be argued that Spencer is a successful businessman.

Clean Co is booming!

'Recording +580% uplift in sales since the start of ‘Dry January’ this year and +1419% year-on-year'

He seems to have raised £9.1m in investment, but in the company accounts for 2022 the total investment has been £24m, so he must have invested £15m of his own money to start off with. And the total losses so far have been £20m.

Perhaps it is starting to be successful and it will all pay off and start to make a profit. But there are not very many people who could stomach losing £15m of daddy's money and £5m of someone else's while they wait for it to become profitable.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
He seems to have raised £9.1m in investment, but in the company accounts for 2022 the total investment has been £24m, so he must have invested £15m of his own money to start off with. And the total losses so far have been £20m.

Perhaps it is starting to be successful and it will all pay off and start to make a profit. But there are not very many people who could stomach losing £15m of daddy's money and £5m of someone else's while they wait for it to become profitable.
Anyone who has started a business knows it is a huge risk & can take up to 5 years to become profitable.
he will have investors & doesn’t he have a diamond company?

Reactions: 3
Anyone who has started a business knows it is a huge risk & can take up to 5 years to become profitable.
he will have investors & doesn’t he have a diamond company?
Not anymore it seems...

Reactions: 2
He'll wind down Clean Co too no doubt. He doesn't have any staying power; the diamond company was just a hyperfixation at the time of looking for engagement rings, clean co when pushing sobriety. He'll start an ice bath business shortly.

Reactions: 18
He’s also not sober in the sense that most people would presume he means. He still drinks, which I think is somewhat false advertising and a bit insensitive to people who actually make the effort to abstain completely.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
And…. Considering his brother died in a challenge like this and the agony it put his family through previously. Selfish swine.
It’s great that Spencer is ‘sober’ and found a new passion for fitness, however I can’t help thinking he is a lost soul. His brother James is a seriously high achiever in the finance world & his late brother Michael was a very high achiever with climbing Everest at such a young age (albeit ending in tragedy) and then you have Spenny who was on a reality show and was a bit of a joke & a total asshole! It’s like he is trying to prove himself as something he actually isn’t & by doing these extreme events he thinks he will be taken more seriously. He is beyond selfish given the severity of this challenge whilst having such a young family & it’s all to feed his own ego!
---
Maybe vogue got him to do it as penance for his apparent dalliance at Jamie’s wedding….. ❄ .
Can’t be shagging about on the 🍾 and ❄ if you’re running for miles upon miles in the desert…
He’s just replaced one addiction with another

• Wow
Reactions: 8
He’s also not sober in the sense that most people would presume he means. He still drinks, which I think is somewhat false advertising and a bit insensitive to people who actually make the effort to abstain completely.
I don’t think he’s sober with anything tbh. Just trying to keep up with the facade of this pretend perfect life/marriage they have.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t think he’s sober with anything tbh. Just trying to keep up with the facade of this pretend perfect life/marriage they have.
Does anyone think they have a perfect life/marriage though?

I can barely listen to the podcast at this stage. The way Vogue interrupts Spencer and puts him down CONSTANTLY is uncomfortable at this stage. It's not even funny, it's just blatant disrespect.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Does anyone think they have a perfect life/marriage though?

I can barely listen to the podcast at this stage. The way Vogue interrupts Spencer and puts him down CONSTANTLY is uncomfortable at this stage. It's not even funny, it's just blatant disrespect.
I stopped listening about 6 months ago for this exact reason. She constantly belittles him and makes sly little jabs. It's uncomfortable to listen to.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I stopped listening about 6 months ago for this exact reason. She constantly belittles him and makes sly little jabs. It's uncomfortable to listen to.
It's not even funny, I think she can actually be quite nasty towards him.

He could start telling a story and she would literally be like ' WE'VE HEARD THIS BEFORE - BORING!!'

It's almost like she doesn't even like him..?!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
It's not even funny, I think she can actually be quite nasty towards him.

He could start telling a story and she would literally be like ' WE'VE HEARD THIS BEFORE - BORING!!'

It's almost like she doesn't even like him..?!
I think the last one I listened to she had bought Ts school shoes and the pod started off with her saying she had bought EVERYTHING and what had Spencer bought? Nothing. NOTHING!!!!
Maybe ask him to buy something? Or, I guarantee ya if he did buy something it would be wrong and blasted all over the pod.
Nah, I gave up after that.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think the last one I listened to she had bought Ts school shoes and the pod started off with her saying she had bought EVERYTHING and what had Spencer bought? Nothing. NOTHING!!!!
Maybe ask him to buy something? Or, I guarantee ya if he did buy something it would be wrong and blasted all over the pod.
Nah, I gave up after that.
I find that a bit odd in a marriage. Keeping tit for tat on who buys the kids stuff.

Reactions: 4