Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Ugh..that
It’s important to take the meds even if they make you feel sick/sleepy. I had two surgeries but initially they took an xray, found nothing wrong, and sent me home. The radiographer was really nasty and impatient with me because she couldn’t get a proper image as I was unable to place my hand flat.

I went home and spent the next seven weeks with a hand swollen, clicking and popping before I demanded an MRI. Couldn’t drive which was the worst. Next thing you know, the hand surgeon is telling me emergency surgery is needed - everything was wrong - dislocation, fracture, floating bone particles and cysts. Two surgeries later, they told me I would have permanent arthritis. I was fuming I damaged it last week - but the right hand - I really feel for you. Think positively - you really need to get it sorted. I was absolutely thrilled with how the surgeries went. My surgeons were phenomenal and really nice. Will you get the result on Wednesday or have to wait?
Sounds like a nightmare 😕 so sorry to hear that.
How are you now? What happened initially?
I am taking the painkillers as I tried to wait between them..that was a mistake.
I have no idea what to expect on Weds. I may have ct scan if they are concerned about the fragment.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

fedup90210

Hi there @Hi there !! **waves from waaaaaayyyyy over the ocean and far away** Same! Hopefully normal programming will return in a few days!

Are you well? Hope that handsome Casper is looking after you. 🤗

I'm fed up (literally - no surprises there!) due to having all sorts of glitchy issues with Tattle - is anyone else experiencing that? I would use Safari instead of Chrome, but silly me has forgotten her login details! 😂:rolleyes:

Et voila...it did it again...
View attachment 608529

Although, each and every time it happens I wonder how @Oops... s' tender process is going! (Awwwww....doesn't that sound so sweet?!) 🤭
Apologies for quoting myself, but my message number was the same as Hi There's! How unusual! (I tell you...Tattle hates me at the moment!) hehe.

• Wow
  • Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Girls, I'm in hospital waiting......Hungry and thirsty...
I have my own room.
The nurse asked if she should do a pregnancy test...😂😂😂
Yay!! You’re in situ! I love the pregnancy test question - takes me back! What time is the op? Soon?
Eta - ask the nurse if she has a dropcloth for poor @Oops - she’s on her way to you weighed down with cases and chopping boards...

• Haha
  • Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
Oh, thank you for asking, dear heart 🥰.. I am thankfully much relieved this morning. A matter of dispensing talcum powder liberally and letting the air at it as they say 🤫🤫
Talcum powder gets rid of enemies? Well, you learn something new every minute around here. I am off the make an enemy of a camel…I may be some time…🙄

• Haha

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Well done, it sounds amazing! Doesn’t it feel it good to do something a little bit normal? Glad you had a great time and welcome back xx
Thank you So much! Yes, after nearly two years of not travelling it was sooo good. Last year was so hard!

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Ooh....what's occurring?

Just had text from my doctor...she's ordered a bone density scan for me. Now I can't stop thinking about cancer especially as one of my old cancer group was buried Thursday. The breast cancer had reappeared in her bones. 😐
I’m sorry about your friend - that’s truly awful - particularly as you were both in the same support group. I know you are bound to worry, of course you are. The scan could be to diagnose potential arthritus though - which could be a possible outcome to the level of impact to the hand. Sending you all the love and support in the world. ❤

It’s depressing enough to have an injury as bad as yours without the additional worries. A hand injury is incredibly upsetting, exhausting and debilitating. Try your level best to distract yourself. XOXO

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
I love new borns too! I have 2 granddaughters and thinking of them as new borns makes my legs buckle…I was surgically attached to my first one. I moved into the London hospital and only handed her back for over-supervised feeding purposes…Brings tears to my eyes remembering…

Doooo come over though because I have 457 heeeeeuuuggge photograph albums we could go through together! You won’t be bored at all I promise 😬😬😵💫

Last edited:
  • Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
It’s a Stella satchel in chestnut pebble. I loved so many of the more feminine and town appropriate bags but I’m a country girl and I needed something to match my lifestyle. I also got a purse ( I’m blushing!)
I am donating some of my Radley bags to OxfAm so I have a smaller but better quality and more well used bag collection.
I now have a Longchamp shoulder bag/tote, a longchamp rucksack (such a useful bag, I’ve used it so much), a Kate spade camera type bag, a couple of dressier Radleys, a couple of soft clutches for evening and my Mulberry Anthony. They will “see me out” as my mum would say : )

I will join you with alacrity. Just allow me time to air out my petticoat and furbish up my reticule! May I bring the tortoiseshell cat of dreams, Miss G? She fears I am no longer fit forpolite society without her chaperoning me!
She’s already here dear! 🥰🥰 She has made a few appearances on stage and on page but it is clear she’s missing you x

Your bags sound brilliant and I think your choice of the Aspinal is perfect xx

Last edited:
  • Heart

Namima

VIP Member
Hello, everyone! Where have you all been?? I missed you. Love Island is over and now someone on the thread has the idea of rewatching S1 again - as if live - on the thread! Will I go for it? Probably. Oh, dear. Another seven weeks out of my life - time will tell. The break from Lydia has been lovely, though!

How have you been, @Oops, @Geranium, @Miscanthus, @Namima, @MissMidnight and all our wonderful members of the Vignettes (like The Roxettes)? Hope you are all enjoying your summer. ❤❤🐶🐶🥰🥰
Aww don't leave us again !!!! We have missed you. ❤ ❤ ❤
Please come back to Lydia's thread and bring our dearest @Oops... with.
The thread is not the same 😭😭😭😭

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
Girls, I'm in hospital waiting......Hungry and thirsty...
I have my own room.
The nurse asked if she should do a pregnancy test...😂😂😂
She speaks!
She speaks!
Darling can you do it again?

Did you find all your suitcases and toiletries etc? 💜💜💜

• Heart

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Words - my mouth - you took them!!! 🥰🥰🥰

Needs telling off I thing?
I'm always suspicious of scattergun posting...if you look at her history she's all over the place... but always confrontational. Never invests time in the subject or the long standing tattlers. Needs slapping.

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Thank you, of course.
Ah, yes, memories of the breast cancer surgery are flooding back...! 😍
Ah, I know - but the fucked up thing about life is we never get to predict - life blind-sizes us at every single turn so what you’re predicting won’t happen, so stop worrying. Life is too clever - always takes us by surprise. What can we do, honestly?

• Heart

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Mr Geranium has told them to wait until the end of May to make a decision.
My sister in law is coming specially for the wedding from NZ, she has booked flights and accommodation. I’m just sick when I think of telling her.
They both say they still love each other but that things aren’t good. Her fiancé is in a job he hates but he has handed his notice in- but he has to work until end of July so it’s difficult to know if it will make a difference to the relationship. They seem to be living quite separate lives in the same home.
I have proposed various options - cancelling, postponing, scaling back the wedding - but I’m met with blank looks and “I don’t know” when I ask what she wants to do.
We will lose thousands if we cancel but I’ve accepted that. It’s just this being in limbo, it’s like a slow motion train crash.
I was sat up last night crying over Love Heart sweets. You can order personalised mini packages with the date and bride and groom names on. I was crying because I couldn’t think what I’m going to do with 100 packets of these. I think I’m focusing on this because I can’t deal with everything else.
Sorry again for going on…..xx
Don't apologise for going on.....sweets 😩 donate?

It sounds to me that you have done what you can but your daughter is looking to you and her dad to make the decision.

You should tell her it's their decision, you can't make it for them or you will be forever to blame, either way.

I just read @Milking Keynes post. If it's over, I agree. If it's not over and is circumstantial then that's another matter but it still might be right to cancel.

Edited to add that I feel you should confide in your sister now. If she knows you have been aware for a long time but not told her......well...it will be worse.

@Geranium
Thought......are you close to your sister? Is your daughter close to her aunt?
If you confide in your sister could she contact your daughter and say she's all booked and excited to attend.....and see how the chat goes?
If she has flights booked the sooner she cancels the less cost.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Miscanthus

VIP Member
We're experiencing a cold front in SA, it was 17 degrees C today - snowing inland but really cold on the coast !!! The coldest day of the year so far in our City lol I had to put on a hoodie after a year !!! Kids were let out of school early hehe. We are such babies ! ❄
Whereabouts in S.A. are you?

Oops...

VIP Member
Hear, Here,’Ere and Ear - I also feel the same for @Geranium - so not fair to her at all. So glad you said that - I just feel there is a lack of sensitivity that is beyond. I think we are on the same page - you, me and @Miscanthus and God knows, we can’t all be wrong. Sending so much support, @Geranium - but, in the words of Donna Summer/Barbra Streisand 🎼 Enough is Enough 🎼🎼

OMG - I would love if y’all came to Dublin - Imagine? We would have the craic - I honestly do believe we will all get together one day! ❤

@Namima, like @Oops said - hoping you are coping with the loss of your mum - I understand that your priority is your dad but this is also a huge loss for you. We have spoken about grief a bit on our threads and Mothers Day is a really profound one for us, so I can appreciate the rawness of your grief. Look after yourself and remember that we are here.

For my part - I’m trying to keep a certain teenage boy from my daughter’s bedroom - I feel like I haven’t read the memo on what is considered acceptable in this scenario - I spent the afternoon with my sister actually afraid to go home and face it! Eventually arrived home and her younger sister told me that they have been in her bedroom all afternoon? Mr MK was at a rugby match and, anyway, there is no way I would share that information with him because a) he would go ballistic, and b) he would wonder why I hadn’t stopped it.

My sister thinks young love is everything as she is with her partner since they met in college at 19. My daughter’s bf is lovely, well mannered- and - as you all know - she has had severe anxiety issues and an actual breakdown, so .. a blind eye for the greater good? I don’t know. I’ve looked after the contraceptive side but I just feel the ick about the entire afternoon? I dunno, back in the day, it was a furtive fumble.. but a whole afternoon? And what does that say to the younger sister?

Listen, I know it’s no big deal and thank you for listening but you know those moments when you’re not quite sure what way to react in unchartered territory. On the one hand, we hid everything from our parents and, on the other, it’s maybe too in your face? Anyway, lots love to all of you this weekend - as I said before, the climate will be nothing compared to Moll Dives / Northamptonshire but we will live in hope 😂❤❤
This is a simple one my darling. I heartily recommend the three-pronged attack method (below) which worked so well for me two hundred years ago…This method has been sitting on my shelf of ‘Useless advice no-one wants’ for donkeys years. Sustainability is a wonderful think you know…

1) Buy a blunderbuss.
2) Show it (secretly) to said very nice spotty youth
3) Threaten (convincingly) to use it using the word ‘smite’ as frequently as possible when your moment of great oratory arrives.
4) Take Gem and get on ferry!
5) Place younger daughter with Sister Purity at the Convent of the Little Sisters of the Skint on your way to the ferry.

I always found that placing a pulpit on the landing worked well too.

I am sending you a very fine pair of blind eyes in the post. They were the ones that I used to turn every day when I walked past them and are as good as new - all things considered. They are blue so I know they will suit you…💜💜💜

Last edited:
  • Heart

fedup90210

Good luck @Oops... and @fedup90210. @fedup90210 you are now a well known member so congratulations! 🎉 @Milking Keynes I would love to see your planted hydrangeas, especially since lydiot never plant her pots. @Namima girl, I FEEL you on the cold. I grew up in the Caribbean so I bundle up for the slightest temperature drop.
Say whaaaaaaaaat!!!??? Whoah - it's only such a short period of time ago that I was celebrating being 'active'! 🤭 If only I got promoted this much in real life! 😂

I've just popped in to see you lovely 'characters' very briefly, after my 5 hours of sleep. Grr. I don't know how to handle this.

Anyway...you're all looking well!

@DandyTandy Growing up in the Caribbean sounds so exotic! Part of my refugee law studies took me meandering down the path of considering climate change and how this will affect the Caribbean islands, and Kiribati etc. Where do you live now?

• Heart

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Easy! A pair of slippers/flip flops, undies, trackie (zipped at front - so can leave the hand out on right side) phone charger/phone, book, that’s pretty much it. They mark your hand where they will operate - this is a good thing - even if it seems weird - it’s a way of showing you they are not going to make mistakes. ❤🥰
Thank you, of course.
Ah, yes, memories of the breast cancer surgery are flooding back...! 😍

• Heart

MissMidnight

VIP Member
If Elsie is “sooo happy” with her life, why does she constantly post photos of other people’s front doors, houses and gardens on her Instagram Stories?

The potato doth protest way too much! 🙄

B5D75FA3-1CC4-40EB-8627-5FC90C8E2698.jpeg

• Haha