Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Oops...

VIP Member
…whistles tunelessly…

Hmm…wonder if she realises I’m still here waiting? Waiting for some pearl of Captain wisdom…

Tum, tum, tum te tum…
Might have to eat soon…la la…la, la de dah…

🎵 I see a little silhouette-a of a man…tum te tum, tum te tum, tum te tum… a man’s banjo🎵…big sigh.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3

Namima

VIP Member
Hello, my lovely Vignettes 🎤🎹🎼 like The Roxettes...

Just had to come here to say that the Leaving Cert results are out today and my Anna got 577 points that is more than enough to get her in to Architecture at UCD. She got 6H2 and 2 H1s - a H2 is a low A, ie 85%+ and a H1 is a high A ie 90%+.

All of you here know that she had a breakdown at the start of the school year and it was a very upsetting time for the family. I wanted to let you know because you have been the most supportive group and I have been absolutely blessed to have you onside this last year. I know @Namima in particular understood the stresses as her boy took the Matriculation Exams in South Africa during Covid. If you were here now - I’d give you a big hug. We thought the year would be written off academically but she managed to pull it out of the bag.

You all also know that I have posted her art on this thread and delighted to say she got a H1 in Art - never before in the history of the school has it been given.

After a year of worry, this is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you guys - I will never forget your kindness and support. ❤🥰🥰
Absolutely wonderful news !!! You must be so proud of her, and rightfully so. Please pass on my congratulations to her. And well done to you for being there for her. ❤ Big hugs !!!

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
Just asking how you are now @MissMidnight ? Have you been obeying your Doctor’s orders? Also I was wondering why you have dropped your banana avatar? Sending big hugs 🤗

• Heart

Miscanthus

VIP Member
I fell down the stairs one morning, literally tripped over the laundry I was carrying downstairs. Stupid, but there you go.

Yes - hopefully, a CT scan and you will have a clearer idea of the damage. So unfortunate - were you high up on the ladder when you fell? Must’ve hurt like hell. The surgery is keyhole, if that helps, so a teeny scar centre wrist where they go in and work miracles.
Oh no...a split second....

I was coming down the ladder as it felt wobbly so 5 or 6ft. The ladder went one way and my right arm was flung against a brick wall. I remember seeing my arm bent at a funny angle and pulling my hand to straighten my arm 😱
It happened about 3.45pm and i waited hours for an ambulance as here was nobody to take me to hospital, only to be told to make my own way there. No taxis available....Eventually got to hospital at 10pm!!!!. Back home by 3am.
The gave me morphine then gas and air and anaesthetic when they set it.
Nightmare.

• Sad
  • Wow

Oops...

VIP Member

Some Captain comedy for later!! Xx

87685E2B-E258-407A-8B62-5CC4BDC6AF9D.jpeg

…and a cheeky gin! Xx

Last edited:
  • Haha

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
I have put this up for you; it’s about a greyhound nobody wanted so he had to get a job as a moving statue to earn a crust...(He’s the dog who won the girl in Fur Babies - our Pantomime from another thread - so there was a happy ending) I wrote it to highlight the plight of racing greyhounds after their racing days are over. I thought it might resonate with you especially...

Lonely.

Can you spare a copper for a weak and lonely lad - once leanly built for racing ’til his sinewed legs got bad?
Lonely is my only name - I think it suits me well; there’s oh so many stories that a dog like me could tell
They billed me as ‘The Lonely Boy’ when I raced down the track; I won so many medals, cups and trophies and a plaque
I find I have no interest now in tuggies, sticks and balls; today I just stare down at floors or blankly up at walls
I’ve been reduced to begging if I want to earn a crust; I’ve become a moving statue - I have no choice so I must
Rely on gifts of charity from very few kind folk; I try to entertain them all and help them have a joke
If people throw a coin, they earn a miming move from me; I wish they threw more coins then I’d be moving constantly
I find that standing motionless saps straining muscle powers; yet I stand there in all weathers, every day for many hours
It’s never any fun to be a lonely dog like me, a Greyhound left with memories of happy times when he
Spared no thought for his future since he never had a care; when in his prime with lots of time he never knew despair

I wish you could have known me, you’d have seen if you'd been there; a sleek and shining testament to dogs who chase the hare
The bait would rattle past and I’d be right there on it’s tail; a thunder-ball of lightening, like a rocket I would trail
You might have won a great deal if you’d put a bet on me; in those days I was dynamite - completely fancy free
Yet now - a home to call my own is something I would cherish; I beg to buy the smallest bone; when winter comes I perish
I never show things get me down, I mock myself and joke; I hide the hell I feel so well behind a screen of smoke
Transparent and invisible - folk glance but they don’t see; I always wish them well when they defer their backs to me
Yet beneath this chaff of banter lies the razor edge of truth; I’m useless and unwanted - I have lost the bloom of youth
Who would want a dog like me who cannot earn his keep? A dog who’s deepest yearning is to have a good long sleep
I don’t have much to offer, yet each day I hope and try; it’s all that I can do sometimes to not break down and cry
I really miss the old days when the crowd would cheer and roar; and all the punters patted me when I came through the door

I hate the winter weather, I ice over and I freeze; and as a life-like statue you are not supposed to sneeze
Who’d have thought a dog like me would ever come to this? I find that warmth and comfort are the things I really miss
I wish I had a family who’d love and take good care of me; but that will never happen any hope for that is history
I now rely on providence, I have no trust in fate; I have to simply face the fact that now it’s all too late
No-one wants to pet a hound who’s scruffy old and smelly; and no-one wants to kiss my nose or rub my bony belly
No-one wants to cherish me and groom my greying fur; no-one says ‘I love you boy’ - or shows me that they care
No-one gives me meaty chunks or water in a bowl; no-one gives me tuna fish or strips of lemon sole
No-one takes me for a walk or asks me home for tea; no, it’s never any fun to be a lonely boy like me
So can you spare a copper for a weak and lonely lad? Once leanly built for racing ‘til his sinewed legs got bad
Sad and very destitute is how you find me now. No? Well I don’t blame you - let me thank you anyhow...
Thanks for sharing. 🐶

• Haha

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Thoughts with you, @Namima - so awful to hear of the rising death toll and violence and unrest and destruction to businesses. Keep safe, dear friend. ❤❤

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Hey guys, I'm just flying by to say I am ok.
Since I have to stay at the office until 16:30h I am so tired all the time and have not enough hours of the day to keep up with tattle. Also, the J. Depp and Amber thing took a toll on me mentally. And I just wanted it to be over, so I don't have to see any comment regarding it.
I am trying to come back soon, I miss you all and our banter. I am just.so.tired.
I hope you are all as well as you can be.
View attachment 1364391
Lovely to hear from you. I am guessing that Amber reminded you of your mother and triggered you dreadfully. It was a shocking and sickening case. Take good care. Come back when you’re feeling well. ❤

• Heart

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Girls, I'm in hospital waiting......Hungry and thirsty...
I have my own room.
The nurse asked if she should do a pregnancy test...😂😂😂

• Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
Hugs to you darling @Oops... Good luck with your tender application, fingers crossed for you that it is successful. So sorry to hear about your insomnia - it must be very very frustrating to say the least, especially when you have such a busy workload.
My envelope has also appeared but tbh, I was a bit apprehensive about using it ... don't want to get into trouble !
Maybe it is limited to VIP members?

Geranium

VIP Member
I can’t even get on a duck on a piece of elastic...can’t do fairground rides. Managed the tea cups at Disney in Paris and managed It’s a Small, Small World and that was IT! Now you won’t be able to get SSW tune out of your heads... :rolleyes:

Just noticed my DM have appeared again. Don’t think they are being received tho as I sent a msg to Geranium. Mrs Milking Bonnet-Bennet will you try to send me a message please? X

PS Hydrangeas need plenty of water! X
No DM received, @Oops... 😢

I have to say I love a thrill ride! Favourites are Rock n Rollercoaster and Everest at Disney and The Mummy Returns, Jurassic Park and the Harry Potter rides at Universal. I miss Orlando!

• Wow

Oops...

VIP Member
SO - I have been pressing the panic button in the room next door for the last two hours and no one has heard it!

I don’t think the panic button is working and now I am panicking that all of Captains stuff which has been packed now won’t get to her...

This means she will go into hospital with nothing! No suitcase, no pyjamas, no chopping board - nothing!

There is definitely no need to panic, obviously someone is on their way...

• Heart
  • Haha

fedup90210

My daughter has the same issue with lack of sleep due to stress of exams - I don’t envy you. Sending lots of hugs and have a lovely night’s sleep. I honestly recommend Aldi’s vlog - pick anyone, makes no difference - 10 minutes before bedtime. Works wonders and no side effects (well, hardly any). ❤🤞🏼😴😴
I just watched Bunny McGuinness' May in her garden. Just what the doctor ordered. xx

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Yes I am very partial to that name now!

Please will someone have the smelling salts ready. A lady member of my husbands running club had an encounter with no less than Mr Gary Barlow himself this morning while walking on Frodsham hill!!!
OMG!! @Oops is over on the other thread oblivious to this intel!! St. Gary spotted in the wild! How exciting.. !

• Haha