Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fedup90210

Yoohoo !!! Good morning lovely ladies 💞 Great news that it's stopped raining. Kids at school, had my coffee and contemplating my next move lol
I'm totally in suspense - what's your next move!?
Speaking of suspense...have you seen this clip? It never gets old for me!

• Haha
Reactions: 4

Oops...

VIP Member
Ha Ha, He will be thrilled! ❤👏👏🏼. I think this makes you an honorary aunt, too, for sure @Oops - can you make the party at 3pm? Cupcakes, lemonade and seven candles - what could be finer? 🍰🥰☘🎂🍰🧁🍡Xx
OOh! All my favourite things! Cupcakes, lemonade and candles. I will bring my bubble machine and bubbles. I might also bring my hat which contains rabbits which seem to come from nowhere! 🎩 Teddy Bear will wear his Hermes lead and bark poshly with plums in his mouth! We Iove parties🎉🥳🧁☘

Honorary Aunt Oops does have a lovely ring to it…💜

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Awww...bless that Doctor for helping you out. I don't know how I'd do in that situation either. Love how you left him on the bus! Go you!! 🤭

I developed a fear of heights while being on a ferris wheel at an A&P show. (Well, it probably wasn't developed then, but that was the first time I was keenly aware of it!) I don't think it was helped that I was seated next to my teeny tiny daughter who's feet didn't even touch the floor of our contraption (maybe she was about 8 at the time - but fiercely brave). I was going to describe it, but I don't think it would do anyone any good!

My hubby (knowing this) decided to propose to me at the top of a gondola ride. (Hmmm...what was he thinking!?) 😂 Bless. :rolleyes:
Wow - that’s funny - Mr. Fedup has a warped sense of humour. I think he would get on famously with Mr MK! I’m not joking but a ferris wheel did it for me too! In honestly, I would say it was years of climbing up pier walls in the dead of night looking down at black water when getting off various boats as a child was a dormant memory but the ferris wheel was the full-on panic attack. Added to that there was a teen sharing the cabby and he kept tilting it. 🤢🤢

• Wow
  • Heart

Geranium

VIP Member
Ooh!!! I JUST watched this! Loved it. What a beautiful couple of people.
I'm now in the middle of the Stal Tops one - not quite as cool - sometimes you just get a good vibe eh?
Did any of you see the grey that he is preparing for sale? Such a sweetheart... ❤ :m💜

Oh my word!!!!! Trigger - I'm in love!! What an adorable wee pony. My first horse was a 16.1hh black standardbred (I was a bit of a late starter).
I remember there being a competition for a pony in conjunction with 'Timotei shampoo' (back in the 1980's 😂), and oh how I hoped to win it - but I never did! :cry:
I no longer ride, but I have friends with horses, and sometimes I invite myself over for cuddles, because that and gardening are so good for mental health. Sometimes you just feel a bit low, and need a boost.
Love and hugs to you all! 🤗❤💜

What an awesome pic! I miss having a pooch so much. My last dog was Toby the english springer spaniel. Loved him.
May I ask where this pic was taken? Is there a lighthouse in the distance? So beautiful. xx

My childhood cats name was Mittens! (Yes, he had four white paws...) xx
Thank you! I adored Trigger. This was on a beach in Anglesey. The picture of Roo is also taken in Anglesey. The lighthouse is The Skerries . It’s the place in the world I feel most at home and where I always encounter my childhood self and feel the spirits of my parents near me.
I agree that being around horses is just brilliant for mental health. You don’t have to ride, just be near them. I love the sound of horses cropping grass :)

mittens is such a cute name for a cat ❤

• Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Screams through with spray starch, fresh pyjamas, phone, phone charger, slippers, Loubies for the actual operation, nail varnish, grapes, silver tea pot (she likes silver) torch in case there is a power cut, sun screen in case there is a heatwave, Chanel bag, purse with cash for bribing hospital staff, gun and silencer for anyone who says no, suitcase for all of above, oxygen tent, 34 Zimmerman frocks, 3 fake Hermit’s bags and a partridge and a European Pear Tree. 2 Amazon dressing gowns (green), overnight bag of skin care products, chopping board and rusty knife, fork and spoon. Couldn’t you just slap that nurse who told her to write a list. I may still do that...
OMG - you are the best packer - I’m the worst! So many items I forgot - a chopping board - I’m fick.

• Haha

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Why thank you Mrs M-K!

No, she didn't give me any tablets - but talked to me about the amount of stress that I'm under, and how to balance that out (although she acknowledged totally that there was no way to avoid stress completely with exams coming up). She mentioned that the heart palpitations could be caused by irregular sleep, caffeinated drinks (guilty), and lack of exercise. That's the funny thing about exam time - you feel guilty every minute that you are not revising your material. 😟 Anyway - I'll try making some changes, and see how it goes. Last night I only got to sleep at 0630 (not a great night - ended up listening to lectures, and getting grumpy on the 'other' thread).
She really didn't want to talk about hormones at all - which was a bit frustrating - but is sending me off for a raft of blood tests (thyroid, glucose, kidney function, heart disease - all the basics really).

Anyway... might try and get an early night - need to get to University tomorrow. (Need half a sleeping pill I think).

Have a wonderful day you beautiful creatures!!! 💕
My daughter has the same issue with lack of sleep due to stress of exams - I don’t envy you. Sending lots of hugs and have a lovely night’s sleep. I honestly recommend Aldi’s vlog - pick anyone, makes no difference - 10 minutes before bedtime. Works wonders and no side effects (well, hardly any). ❤🤞🏼😴😴

• Haha
  • Heart

Milking Keynes

VIP Member
Oh wow @Milking Keynes 🤩 your daughter is absolutely stunning. What a beautiful self-portait! Sending you and her lots of positive vibes ✨✨✨✨
Thank you, @Hi there, you are so kind ❤. Means so much to me. Hope you are doing well and keep us posted. X

You are all filling me my heart with your kind wishes, my wonderful fellow Bonnets. We have so much going on - with good news on the health front for @Geranium and @Miss Midnight - and @Oops and her hard-working team hoping to secure the tender in the next few weeks. We are really gunning for you - the next few weeks are going to be excruciating for you waiting to hear - I’m even on edge now.

I would also love to know more about the forthcoming exhibition that @Miscanthus mentioned. It’s exciting to say the least. My dad was in an art class when he retired and the class exhibited their work at a parish hall in Dalkey (lovely seaside village a few miles away from us). I remember he had about six paintings and he sold two! He was ecstatic - we were delighted and went to Queens pub beside the hall to celebrate. Exhibiting your art in London, though - how amazing is that. In my dreams, we all congregate at the exhibition to wish her well and appreciate her work. I wonder when it is. Maybe she’ll fill us in when she returns from God knows where... not at the boathouse, anyway, so we can draw a line under that one...

Regarding Irish music and W B Yeats - I have a friend who knows Eleanor Shanley really well and Eleanor used to come into the bar at the basement of the U.S. Embassy when I worked there and sing some trad songs for us - her voice - so pure. She is quite well-known here so you might find her on youtube maybe. Anyway, my friend sent me a copy of Eleanor’s latest album and one song - my absolute favourite - is Cloths of Heaven. When she sings ‘The blue and the dim and the dark cloths/Of night and light and the half light/I would spread the cloths under your feet/But I, being poor, have only my dreams/I have spread my dreams under your feet/Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.’ It is just beautiful set to music. I play the cd in the car when I’m alone (it’s not popular with teens). I’ll play it for you when we all go to yours for a dinner party, @Oops.

Please, everyone, post pics of your blooms. I am really looking forward to seeing them. I would love to see hydrangeas in particular so I can compare to my little newly planted ones. My sister in law sent me a pic of her hydrangeas and they are 9ft high - this is in the Hamptons. I had no idea they would grow like that!

View attachment 614035

They all came tumbling and bees came bumbling 🐝
Heavenly, @Oops ❤

• Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
Big confession, @Oops - I’ve never had a cleaner. Ever. Even when hubby abroad from Mon morning to Fri evening and me with two babies (or twelve under five 😂), I never did. It is exhausting. It’s a lot of work. Maybe I can pop over and help you? I am Mrs. Bonnet-Bennet-Doubtfire .. a literal tornado of bleach and mop, a cobweb destroyer, an annihilator of germs, an assassin of grime, etc but I somehow feel that you don’t need my services as you are neat as a new pin. ❤
When can you start?
1654301604455.png

• Haha

Namima

VIP Member
@Geranium ❤ ❤ ❤ hope you are well !!!

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart

Hi there

Happy birthday handsome buddy 💙🎉 12 years of pure joy I’m sure and many more to come. Lots of fuss and kisses xx enjoy haddock and chips for later 😚
@Bobby Chariot

• Heart

Miscanthus

VIP Member
Reading all your gardening posts (never going to live down the sunflower comment 🙄 )....
I love this time of year in my garden...my Iris germanica flowered yesterday and my paeonies are in bud...two of my favourites.

Your last sentence is IT in a nutshell... v confused tbh. Re the book - I will look into it asap. Daré - just keep your finger on the e then slide to the accent you choose. Cannot believe I just gave you techy advice - ha! 😂😂

I have read Tattooist as well - v good book.
Thank you for the techy advice...who knew you could do that? I'm putting accents on everything now!!!

• Heart

fedup90210

Happy Sunday, everyone! Hope you are all well. I got my hands on this book from Amazon, albeit second-hand. It’s by Anne Bouin and our favourite illustrator, Alice Charbin. I bought it for my niece who is ballet crazy. She was born in Paris so she might enjoy the French text. Although the book is meant for small children, I would love to keep it for myself! I’ll post some pics and you’ll see why...
View attachment 636987

View attachment 636988

View attachment 636991
I love the look of this!! So beautiful... xx

• Heart

fedup90210

@Oops... Did you hit follow on Matt? He put out a new video, I love it!
To any horse lovers:

Ooh!!! I JUST watched this! Loved it. What a beautiful couple of people.
I'm now in the middle of the Stal Tops one - not quite as cool - sometimes you just get a good vibe eh?
Did any of you see the grey that he is preparing for sale? Such a sweetheart... ❤ :m💜

View attachment 574120
I thought you might like to see this early photo of me indulging one of my other passions, riding! This is Trigger :)
Oh my word!!!!! Trigger - I'm in love!! What an adorable wee pony. My first horse was a 16.1hh black standardbred (I was a bit of a late starter).
I remember there being a competition for a pony in conjunction with 'Timotei shampoo' (back in the 1980's 😂), and oh how I hoped to win it - but I never did! :cry:
I no longer ride, but I have friends with horses, and sometimes I invite myself over for cuddles, because that and gardening are so good for mental health. Sometimes you just feel a bit low, and need a boost.
Love and hugs to you all! 🤗❤💜

View attachment 568042This is Roo at the beach...
What an awesome pic! I miss having a pooch so much. My last dog was Toby the english springer spaniel. Loved him.
May I ask where this pic was taken? Is there a lighthouse in the distance? So beautiful. xx

Me too. Yes she’s mine, her name is Mittens and she’s 6 months old. ☺

Aww really? That’s so cute. I had no idea. 🥰
My childhood cats name was Mittens! (Yes, he had four white paws...) xx

Last edited:
  • Heart

Oops...

VIP Member
Bestminster Abbey - Chapter 4.

No one could quite believe the calm demeanour of Mrs Elizabeth Bonnet Bennet since the engagement of her beloved Gem Bonnet Bennet had been announced. Since Mrs Elizabeth Barret Browning had visited Mrs Elizabeth Bonnet Bennet and taken the order for the Cornflower Blue silk, the profound equanimity of the women had shocked everyone waiting on standby just in case she had an attack of her usual vapours. She was calm! She had despatched a large bottle of Eau de Fox to her beloved Gem Bonnet Bennet and had not even cried as she wrapped it up and sent it to Bestspinster Abbey. Our dear friend Miss Midnight from Australia must have done such a wonderful job when she had flown over in her pre-loved Tardis as part of our MOBSG - mother of the bride support group. Miss Canthus had shown Mrs Bonnet Bennet the value of talking Latin to plants and this salient fact has not gone unnoticed nor unappreciated. The Cornflower Blue silk was delivered yesterday and it should be known far and wide that she looks utterly stunning in her mother-of-the-bride frock….The colour is perfect, the Parisian style is too elegant to describe and when worn by our sainted friend the entire vicinity around her becomes illuminated. She is a fashion plate.

Meanwhile, back at Bestspinster Abbey, frantic telephone calls were taking place with Mariah Carey’s agent. The rider on her contract clearly stated that she must not be submitted to any space in which someone had smoked a cigarette in the last twenty seven years. She had a wonderful voice to protect . Smoking and singing were not good bedfellows as everyone knows. Parson was sure the culprit was Mr Marrow, since he had been dispatched to collect the silver from the drawing room that very morning. He’d been caught smoking indoors in the past and had been severely reprimanded. Parson was furious and embarrassed at the same time. How could a member of his staff bring such shame on both himself and the family? Heads would roll!

Mariah eventually became placated enough by the vast amounts of attention and healing offered to her by all the fur babies as she reclined on the pink velvet Chesterfield in the drawing room. Dimple and Crumpet had taken up their usual positions on the far right hand side on the back of the sofa and really focused on sending Mariah healing. It worked. She found herself able to join Gem and her bridesmaids in a meandering walk down to the seafront to inspect the catch of the day! Mariah had decided she liked this old house a great deal and she thought she might like to live here. All it needed was an extra floor for her dressing rooms and live-in maid of the frocks and it would be perfect. Oh - and maybe a few more large bath tubs and slightly more garage space. She wasn’t too sure if she would keep all the chintzy drapes and sofas but none of that was putting her off trying to buy the place and then putting her own stamp on it. She even could turn the stable block into a recording studio. She thought of little else on her walk down to the sea front.

Gem grew ever more excited as they got nearer to the harbour. She hadn’t seen her fiancée for almost nine whole hours. The seagulls cried out mournfully overhead! ‘Go away, those fish are ours!’ No one ever listened to them though. Teddy and his groomsmen had set sail at 2 o clock and should soon be returning with their catch of mackerel Very soon. Everyone knew how much Teddy loved Mackerel. He could become very distracted when he could smell mackerel in a room. Gem knew this only too well as she had tried to hide some as a present for him once and she couldn’t get any sense out of him until he had tracked the package down inside the deepest recesses of her handbag. He couldn’t help it - it was just one of his little foibles. It was how he was made and she loved him for it. All the fur babies became excited as they got closer to the harbour, there wasn’t one of them that didn’t like fish. They all began taking very deep breaths gulping in the fishy air as they drew closer.

Sherlock had been hitching a ride on Skye’s back and Winnie carried Lady Myrtle along with beautiful Miss G and Lula. Lulu who had a pockets full of cobwebs in case there was an emergency joined Pebbles and Pepper who were taking it in turn to give each other piggy backs . Bebe and both Muffins had been playing leap frog for the entire journey since they had left Bestspinster. Lady Myrtle waved to various people she knew near the harbour and they all lined up in eager expectation for the return of the fishing boat.

…to be continued…

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha