Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah bless him, I want to tickle his tummy xx
We have had a few re-homed Grey's over the years & I mistakenly thought he was a 'piebald' like horses which are black/white/grey/dappled markings.
Turns out he is a 'harlequin' Greyhound with his markings.
Bit of useless info from me.
Sorry, I digress 😁

Reactions: 4
1A4F3905-42AE-47FE-BCAC-AE4B3AE36E91.jpeg

Merry Christmas to all from this handsome fella. Hope it’s been a wonderful day for everyone x 🎄🎉💙🎅🏻🐶

• Heart
One of my daughters little cats has gone missing over Christmas. We are losing hope he will ever come home.
It’s been a tough Christmas anyway due to Covid and other stuff and I am spiralling back down into depression/anxiety and suicidal thoughts. I struggle with the dark days at this time of year and the next two months are always hard.
I have mentioned how I feel to my husband but he has never experienced depression and doesn’t understand. He also takes it personally. Like he’s hurt that I’m not happy.
I dread going to sleep and I dread waking up. Everything is black.
Life seems so bleak and the future scares me as I’m getting old and all I can see ahead is more grief and suffering.
I know all the things I should do to help myself but when I’m this low I can’t summon the energy to try. My family would be better off without my miserable presence bringing everyone down.
Please, kind pet loving friends, can you pray/send positive thoughts into the universe for our little cat. And my daughter who is missing him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
One of my daughters little cats has gone missing over Christmas. We are losing hope he will ever come home.
It’s been a tough Christmas anyway due to Covid and other stuff and I am spiralling back down into depression/anxiety and suicidal thoughts. I struggle with the dark days at this time of year and the next two months are always hard.
I have mentioned how I feel to my husband but he has never experienced depression and doesn’t understand. He also takes it personally. Like he’s hurt that I’m not happy.
Life seems so bleak and the future scares me as I’m getting old and all I can see ahead is more grief and suffering.
I know all the things I should do to help myself but when I’m this low I can’t summon the energy to try. My family would be better off without my miserable presence bringing everyone down.
Please, kind pet loving friends, can you pray/send positive thoughts into the universe for our little cat. And my daughter who is missing him.
Awww @Geranium I am sending you and your daughter lots and lots of positive thoughts and love. Your family would definitely not be better off without you. And neither would our Tattle family. You are such a special lady. Just from your posts, I can see that you are a very fair person as well as sensitive and loving ♥ Please please do not hurt yourself. We are all here for you and should you need to chat, one of us on this group will most definitely step in. Fingers crossed and I have said a small prayer for the return of your daughter's cat.

This year has truly been a bad one for so many. In the space of 1 and a half months - Nov and December - I have lost 4 close members of my family - 3 from cancer and my uncle yesterday from old age, 83 years old. My dad just cannot believe he has lost 2 brothers in a month. It is devastating. I lost my sister in law at the end of November (just turned 44 yrs, who was also one of my BFFs) - she had just overcame an aggressive form of breast cancer but developed acute leukaemia and died 2 days after diagnosis. It really has been a traumatic time.
Notwithstanding all the devastation we feel, we must push through. This time of the year is always stressful for so many reasons, but hold on 🌹 You are such a dear member of our Tattle family💖

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am sorry that you feel this way. Try to get an appointment for blood work. Maybe you've deficiencies of Vit D3, B12, Iron etc. that further down your mood? It's really important to have those checked, they can really affect you. If you want to buy them yourself, go to the pharmacy and tell them that you need bioavailable versions, not some other crap. You can find those in the drug store as well, but you need to know what you're looking for.

Don't hate yourself for feeling low and your husband shouldn't take your mood personally, that doesn't help anyone, and it's also not your fault. If he doesn't understand, he should read it up. You are not in the state to explain it too him until he gets it. He can read it on the internet. Try to delegate responsibilities. Your stress level is already so high that you can't think fully logical, lowering that stress is essential (that is also a reason why you should check your blood levels, your body can't sustain you if you have severe deficiencies).

If your suicidal thoughts become too overwhelming, search professional help, in the worst case scenario, assign yourself into hospital. They are there for mental crisis.

Never forget, you always have choices, that doesn't mean that those choices are comfortable, but it means that you are not stuck. You have the choice to visit a professional, to check your blood levels, to take supplements, to delegate responsibilities, to stop hating on yourself because you feel bad, stop explaining your husband how you feel when he doesn't get it, go to hospital when it gets too overwhelming, talk with us on tattle... you could also choose to do nothing of that all or only a few things of it, or do something completely different.

I am not the most emotional person, so I can't give you that, but I can give you experience and facts how to deal with crisis. It may help you, it maybe won't?

Awww @Geranium I am sending you and your daughter lots and lots of positive thoughts and love. Your family would definitely not be better off without you. And neither would our Tattle family. You are such a special lady. Just from your posts, I can see that you are a very fair person as well as sensitive and loving ♥ Please please do not hurt yourself. We are all here for you and should you need to chat, one of us on this group will most definitely step in. Fingers crossed and I have said a small prayer for the return of your daughter's cat.

This year has truly been a bad one for so many. In the space of 1 and a half months - Nov and December - I have lost 4 close members of my family - 3 from cancer and my uncle yesterday from old age, 83 years old. My dad just cannot believe he has lost 2 brothers in a month. It is devastating. I lost my sister in law at the end of November (just turned 44 yrs, who was also one of my BFFs) - she had just overcame an aggressive form of breast cancer but developed acute leukaemia and died 2 days after diagnosis. It really has been a traumatic time.
Notwithstanding all the devastation we feel, we must push through. This time of the year is always stressful for so many reasons, but hold on 🌹 You are such a dear member of our Tattle family💖
Oh Namima, this is horrific. Let's hope the new year becomes better. 💕

• Heart

I am so, so sorry to read this.
Thank you from my heart for your kindness to me in the midst of your own grief. You are a beautiful soul xx

I am sorry that you feel this way. Try to get an appointment for blood work. Maybe you've deficiencies of Vit D3, B12, Iron etc. that further down your mood? It's really important to have those checked, they can really affect you. If you want to buy them yourself, go to the pharmacy and tell them that you need bioavailable versions, not some other crap. You can find those in the drug store as well, but you need to know what you're looking for.

Don't hate yourself for feeling low and your husband shouldn't take your mood personally, that doesn't help anyone, and it's also not your fault. If he doesn't understand, he should read it up. You are not in the state to explain it too him until he gets it. He can read it on the internet. Try to delegate responsibilities. Your stress level is already so high that you can't think fully logical, lowering that stress is essential (that is also a reason why you should check your blood levels, your body can't sustain you if you have severe deficiencies).

If your suicidal thoughts become too overwhelming, search professional help, in the worst case scenario, assign yourself into hospital. They are there for mental crisis.

Never forget, you always have choices, that doesn't mean that those choices are comfortable, but it means that you are not stuck. You have the choice to visit a professional, to check your blood levels, to take supplements, to delegate responsibilities, to stop hating on yourself because you feel bad, stop explaining your husband how you feel when he doesn't get it, go to hospital when it gets too overwhelming, talk with us on tattle... you could also choose to do nothing of that all or only a few things of it, or do something completely different.

I am not the most emotional person, so I can't give you that, but I can give you experience and facts how to deal with crisis. It may help you, it maybe won't?

Oh Namima, this is horrific. Let's hope the new year becomes better. 💕
Thank you so much for your advice and suggestions, it means a lot xxx

• Heart
I am so, so sorry to read this.
Thank you from my heart for your kindness to me in the midst of your own grief. You are a beautiful soul xx
I am here for your should you wish to vent or just talk. About anything. Even share pics of our pets. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Heart
The little cat came home in the early hours. I am so thankful 🥲
All the best to you dear friends for 2022 xx

• Heart
@Geranium @namina @AmaliaLana

Just reading your posts...what lovely people you are. This is such a difficult time for everybody.
Geranium, please, please get help....I suffered from depression a long time ago but I remember how it feels. You are depressed and you can't do it on your own... those close to you struggle to understand. We understand though.
So pleased kitty came back.
Namina, that's terrible...I'm so sorry for your losses. You and Amalialana have offered such solid, thoughtful advice.
Please Geranium, please see somebody ....your doctor or a MH professional....and report back. Remember there's the Tea and Sympathy thread too, with some wonderful, wise people.

• Heart
@Geranium I’ll never forget the kindest, supportive words from you when I was going through a really sad, lonely patch. If you can be so comforting to a stranger, how can you think your family will be better off without you! Please please never think or feel like that.
I hope you have some reassurance in knowing that your words brought such comfort to this hopelessly in love yet heartbroken woman. There are days when I feel so lost and helpless and I find myself going back to your and others supportive messages and it really really does help. I wish from the bottom of my heart that you know we are all here for you xxx

• Heart
@Geranium I’ll never forget the kindest, supportive words from you when I was going through a really sad, lonely patch. If you can be so comforting to a stranger, how can you think your family will be better off without you! Please please never think or feel like that.
I hope you have some reassurance in knowing that your words brought such comfort to this hopelessly in love yet heartbroken woman. There are days when I feel so lost and helpless and I find myself going back to your and others supportive messages and it really really does help. I wish from the bottom of my heart that you know we are all here for you xxx
I am so very touched and grateful to read this. I am trying to find the courage to take some action to help myself after reading posts on this thread and your lovely words mean so much.
I hate to think of you feeling lost and helpless still, so sending you my love and thank you so much for reaching out to me xxxxxx

• Heart
I am so very touched and grateful to read this. I am trying to find the courage to take some action to help myself after reading posts on this thread and your lovely words mean so much.
I hate to think of you feeling lost and helpless still, so sending you my love and thank you so much for reaching out to me xxxxxx
@Geranium
Please let us know if you have made an appointment with your GP. I have been so concerned about you. You will feel so much better once you have faced this head on. Please....

• Heart
@Geranium
Please let us know if you have made an appointment with your GP. I have been so concerned about you. You will feel so much better once you have faced this head on. Please....
It’s all phone appointments at the moment and I’m not sure I can face going into everything on the phone right now.
However I have had a long chat with the nurse who manages my condition and she has reminded me of my coping strategies and is going to check in on me.
Thank you so much for caring.
The kindness of Tattlers has been a light in the darkness for me ❤

• Heart
It’s all phone appointments at the moment and I’m not sure I can face going into everything on the phone right now.
However I have had a long chat with the nurse who manages my condition and she has reminded me of my coping strategies and is going to check in on me.
Thank you so much for caring.
The kindness of Tattlers has been a light in the darkness for me ❤
That's a good start.
I don't want to preach to you but daylight, fresh air and regular exercise all help, plus a good belly laugh at ridiculous influencers of course!
I will be checking in with you too. Make sure you keep trying for a face to face appt... everything is getting a bit easier now.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.