Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tell me you’ll do it again without telling me you’ll do it again. Sorry not sorry human 🙄
8FF48AF5-67A5-45A3-B076-143950D82C5B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Big buddy has a trapped nerve in his neck, our vet reckons a vertebrae has slipped & is pressing on a nerve. He was limping early this week & we thought he had just knocked his paw or stood on something, but after sneezing outside he jerked his neck causing the limp.
Such a bizarre, innocuous way to get an injury.
He was pretty distressed though & couldn't lie down, we've never seen him look so 'down' like this before.
He's had 3 daily injections now, hopefully his neck sorts itself out, he's too old for serious surgery.
Another injection tomorrow morning awaits.
Not been a good week.
20211015_113747.jpg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Big buddy has a trapped nerve in his neck, our vet reckons a vertebrae has slipped & is pressing on a nerve. He was limping early this week & we thought he had just knocked his paw or stood on something, but after sneezing outside he jerked his neck causing the limp.
Such a bizarre, innocuous way to get an injury.
He was pretty distressed though & couldn't lie down, we've never seen him look so 'down' like this before.
He's had 3 daily injections now, hopefully his neck sorts itself out, he's too old for serious surgery.
Another injection tomorrow morning awaits.
Not been a good week.
View attachment 811132
Oh poor guy, I sympathise because I’ve hurt my back sneezing before! I do hope he’s ok. Give him a gentle stroke from me and my love xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh poor guy, I sympathise because I’ve hurt my back sneezing before! I do hope he’s ok. Give him a gentle stroke from me and my love xx
Thanks very much.
He had a stretch in the garden at lunchtime, (no walk though) hasn't done that stretching for days, so fingers crossed.

👍🐶

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hello all!!! I see that @Oops hasn't reappeared yet - hopefully she's just on a wee hiatus, and all is well. Have missed you guys. @Miscanthus - all of the peonies are popping up, so I'm thinking of you constantly! hehehe. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hello all!!! I see that @Oops hasn't reappeared yet - hopefully she's just on a wee hiatus, and all is well. Have missed you guys. @Miscanthus - all of the peonies are popping up, so I'm thinking of you constantly! hehehe. ♥
No, we are missing @Oops... dreadfully. I'm sure she's been really busy with new clients but I hope she remembers us little people! Awwww.....peonies....so beautiful.

• Heart
@Bobby Chariot awww bless poor bud! Hope he’s on a road to fast recovery, it is so so upsetting to see our fur babies in distress x
Thanks very much, he's slowed down a lot now, but doesn't seem in as much pain, still eating like the proverbial & still wanting his walks.
Buddy just doesn't realise his age, he's mad as a hatter tbh.
🐶

• Heart
Hello, my lovely Vignettes 🎤🎹🎼 like The Roxettes...

Just had to come here to say that the Leaving Cert results are out today and my Anna got 577 points that is more than enough to get her in to Architecture at UCD. She got 6H2 and 2 H1s - a H2 is a low A, ie 85%+ and a H1 is a high A ie 90%+.

All of you here know that she had a breakdown at the start of the school year and it was a very upsetting time for the family. I wanted to let you know because you have been the most supportive group and I have been absolutely blessed to have you onside this last year. I know @Namima in particular understood the stresses as her boy took the Matriculation Exams in South Africa during Covid. If you were here now - I’d give you a big hug. We thought the year would be written off academically but she managed to pull it out of the bag.

You all also know that I have posted her art on this thread and delighted to say she got a H1 in Art - never before in the history of the school has it been given.

After a year of worry, this is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you guys - I will never forget your kindness and support. ❤🥰🥰
THE BEST NEWS EVER!!!

Well done Anna!!!
1639041184779.png

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Had to have some teeth removed last week, was in a huff with us for about 3 days.
Back to his normal self now though, is he the longest Grey you've ever seen?
Like a huge, elongated black & white sausage 😃
(I need to get a wide angle lens as couldn't fit his large rear end in the pic)
Love him, a total oddity & special dog.
20211221_203748.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.