Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's a good start.
I don't want to preach to you but daylight, fresh air and regular exercise all help, plus a good belly laugh at ridiculous influencers of course!
I will be checking in with you too. Make sure you keep trying for a face to face appt... everything is getting a bit easier now.
You are so right! I usually wake up feeling gloomy but the first thing I do is walk the dog and I always feel better for it!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
You are so right! I usually wake up feeling gloomy but the first thing I do is walk the dog and I always feel better for it!
I have been thinking about you @Geranium and sending you lots and lots of positive vibes.
I hope you are feeling better. 💖

• Heart
What a coincidence @Namima I’ve just come on here to check on @Geranium too! How are you lovely? Please feel free to drop a message… anything even if it’s just a hi. We are all here for you xxxx sending you hugs 😘💖

• Heart
Please check in @Geranium and let us know how you are coping 🥰
Hi dear friends, I’m ok, just awaiting some screening results which is always an anxiety inducing process. I’ve got back into my regular volunteering roles this week and have spent lots of time outdoors which is helping and am shortly off to do some poo picking in a muddy field with some elderly ponies.
I’m still not exactly myself but I’m better than I was a few days ago, thank you so much for checking in on me xx Means so much ❤

• Heart
Hi dear friends, I’m ok, just awaiting some screening results which is always an anxiety inducing process. I’ve got back into my regular volunteering roles this week and have spent lots of time outdoors which is helping and am shortly off to do some poo picking in a muddy field with some elderly ponies.
I’m still not exactly myself but I’m better than I was a few days ago, thank you so much for checking in on me xx Means so much ❤
That sounds great, apart from the poo picking! 🤪
Well done for volunteering. Thanks for letting us know you are feeling a bit better xx 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Dear @Geranium, I’m only picking up this thread now so I was unaware of how you have been suffering. I really hope you are feeling a bit better. I haven’t been here since November, I think, as I thought the thread had stalled, and had no idea. I hope that you are getting medical support from your GP as well as lots of appreciation from your volunteering colleagues and your friends here and your family too. So glad your daughter’s cat returned though.

Also, really hard to hear about @Namima and all your losses. What a desperately upsetting time. Sending lots of love and warmest wishes to both of you, your friend, MK ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Dear @Geranium, I’m only picking up this thread now so I was unaware of how you have been suffering. I really hope you are feeling a bit better. I haven’t been here since November, I think, as I thought the thread had stalled, and had no idea. I hope that you are getting medical support from your GP as well as lots of appreciation from your volunteering colleagues and your friends here and your family too. So glad your daughter’s cat returned though.

Also, really hard to hear about @Namima and all your losses. What a desperately upsetting time. Sending lots of love and warmest wishes to both of you, your friend, MK ❤❤
Thank you lovely friend.
I’m feeling better, keeping busy, lots of fresh air and physical activity with dogs and horses!
The longer days and support of friends is helping lots too.
Xxx

• Heart
Thank you lovely friend.
I’m feeling better, keeping busy, lots of fresh air and physical activity with dogs and horses!
The longer days and support of friends is helping lots too.
Xxx
@Geranium I had an idea I thought might suit us - how about once a month we pick the following:

What we read (could be a sentence, a book, a poster, a headline, a tweet) - I know you like your books.❤

What we wore (or would like to, or inspired by, or want but will never buy)

What we.. I dunno? ... donated, cooked, thrifted, loved?
I would love this kind of convo on the other thread too but lets give it a try here - maybe a silly idea, but are any of you interested? ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
@Geranium I had an idea I thought might suit us - how about once a month we pick the following:

What we read (could be a sentence, a book, a poster, a headline, a tweet) - I know you like your books.❤

What we wore (or would like to, or inspired by, or want but will never buy)

What we.. I dunno? ... donated, cooked, thrifted, loved?
I would love this kind of convo on the other thread too but lets give it a try here - maybe a silly idea, but are any of you interested? ❤
I’m in! I’m kind of too bored with dear Lydia, Josie, Frow et al, I just hang around for the company of you guys these days to be honest! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m in! I’m kind of too bored with dear Lydia, Josie, Frow et al, I just hang around for the company of you guys these days to be honest! Xx
Exactly!! I feel the same - can I just say I have been so enjoying british dramas from the past of late - makes me think how reality tv destroyed so many screenwriter’s careers - anyway, you have to watch Love for Lydia (you tube Daisy Mason channel I think - come back to me if I’m wrong) and Berkeley Square (you tube again - I’ll give you the channel name tomorrow) - just wonderful! Xx

• Heart
I remember watching Love for Lydia first time around, how old am I! I’d love to watch it again.
I am just skim reading the Lydia thread these days, stopping only at wonderful posts of handbags that aren’t Hermes or of moving wedding photos !
@Oops... i have an Aspinal bag in my shopping cart at the moment, just trying to get the courage to press buy! Xx

• Heart
I remember watching Love for Lydia first time around, how old am I! I’d love to watch it again.
I am just skim reading the Lydia thread these days, stopping only at wonderful posts of handbags that aren’t Hermes or of moving wedding photos !
@Oops... i have an Aspinal bag in my shopping cart at the moment, just trying to get the courage to press buy! Xx
Oh, it’s wonderful! There’s a moment at the end when Lydia says ‘we were just growing up’ and it brought tears to my eyes because sometimes we remember when we hurt people or were hurt and this simple line is so true, isn’t it? Berkeley Square is addictive too - this time aired in 1998 - so the sound and imagery an improvement on L for L.

I think you have to pull the trigger on the Aspinal - I would love one! Keep me posted X

• Heart
Coming soon…

:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:mSeven Dwarf Walls Productions :m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m:m

👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️ 👯‍♀️
In collaboration with Gentle Reader Enterprises Presents…👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️👯‍♀️

🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕🐕 BESTSPINSTER ABBEY 🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈🐈

Join us in an English Country House costume drama filled with pathos, pet love, music and songs. As we journey through the dressing room of elegant Lady Myrtle as she dresses for the occasion. We can muse in the music room of Django the princely Dalmatian so famous for his incomparable skills on Hawaiian guitar. Draw yourselves to the drawing room containing the pink velvet chesterfield belonging to world famous Dimple and Crumpet who will Snoopervise the entire event. As ever, we will end up with the Wedding of the Year (embroidered cushions are being made in readiness) naturally officiated over by Yu Crane; our tallest bird of peace and love. Gasp at the skills of Lula and her Hula Dancers, the ball retrieval skills and the natural curls of Nero then watch in awe as Lulu eats a series of magnificent aged cobwebs found in some very strange places. Front page stunners Ralph and Jasper guard the Butler’s Pantry but will Charlie the shorthair temptress be able to lure them away? All this and more soon to be appearing twice nightly and matinee on Saturday on a thread near you.

little side note:-

Could the following members please supply the names of their fur babies please?

@motherofglitter (2 sweet cats and an Amazon parrot)
@CaroleV (6 fabulous cats)
@Lola Faith (her 2 beautiful dogs)
@Sofatsolazy1 (her 4 cutest cats)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes, the rest of us normal folk just flounce around in wedding dresses every day. We wear them until the hems get dirty or we drag the cuffs through our soup. When that happens, we delicately tippy-toe our Chooshoes to Penny Farthing (our go-to couturier famously providing Frocks for Flouncers) and order ourselves another few bespoke wedding frocks. I don‘t know about everyone else, but I actually do hand wash all my veils. I have seven of them and am taking dancing lessons as we speak…
Ahem - I couldn’t help noticing that you’ve not mentioned a tiara anywhere in your post, @Oops...!

You are most welcome to borrow this one of mine (that I had to steal back from Master Midnight while he was sleeping) should you wish to, I think it would definitely elevate your entire bridal lewk . 😉

74BCF35C-0EBE-4687-A88A-B922CB9B1D2F.jpeg

Personally, I wear a tiara every single day without exception … and I’ve discovered that they really come in handy for holding my heartless waves in place when I go to bed at four o’clock in the afternoon, y’know due to the exhaustion of flouncing about the house in my wedding dress ensuring I get optimal cost per wear!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Mother of the Bride - Support Group.

Dear Miss Canthus and Miss Midnight, I wonder if you would both join me in support of Mrs Bonnet Bennet who is about to become the mother of the bride please? We need to keep her calm, provide as much smelling salt as she can chew and plenty of lace edged handkerchiefs to wipe up her tears. I know it’s a big ask but I thought if we did it in shifts she might make it through to the ceremony relatively unscathed. I have been able to arrange several fittings for her at Penny Farthing (MOB department) so she will look a million dollars on the day. It will be SUCH a wrench for her though…Do let me know. In haste - Oops xxx.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.