Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the best to your beautiful daughter !!! 💞💞 She is beautiful and talented ! Sending you and the talented Anna loads of positive vibes xoxoxo
Thank you @Namima, my pal and comrade-in-arms, hopefully she will get through it as well as your lad ❤🥰. Thank you all - I can literally feel all the positive vibes from all around the world. You are the best. X ❤❤
Eta - I took the photo off my phone which was of the School Yearbook so pardon the quality. x

Oh wowwww! she’s beautiful! Thank you for sharing!! Just the word description of tall, blonde, blue eyes doesn’t do justice.:love::love::love::love:
Thank you, @DandyTandy, here are my humble ‘three sister’ geraniums - as requested - don’t all shout they need more water at the same time - I’m watering them - dehydrated little monsters 😡😡
A6205E1E-00B0-4EC4-96AF-72E77CA36CB4.jpeg

@Miscanthus has disappeared the whole day - her excuse was ‘not at Tattle HQ’ Hmmmmm very suspicious behaviour - was she with Mr Colin Firth-Darcy at the boathouse? Was she with Ali G at the golf course? Not so much as a speech bubble before she rushed off - don’t worry, I will get to the bottom of the antics of Miss Canthus. Leave it to Mrs Bonnet-Bennet, ladies.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Thank you @Namima, my pal and comrade-in-arms, hopefully she will get through it as well as your lad ❤🥰. Thank you all - I can literally feel all the positive vibes from all around the world. You are the best. X ❤❤
Eta - I took the photo off my phone which was of the School Yearbook so pardon the quality. x

Thank you, @DandyTandy, here are my humble ‘three sister’ geraniums - as requested - don’t all shout they need more water at the same time - I’m watering them - dehydrated little monsters 😡😡
View attachment 613229
@Miscanthus has disappeared the whole day - her excuse was ‘not at Tattle HQ’ Hmmmmm very suspicious behaviour - was she with Mr Colin Firth-Darcy at the boathouse? Was she with Ali G at the golf course? Not so much as a speech bubble before she rushed off - don’t worry, I will get to the bottom of the antics of Miss Canthus. Leave it to Mrs Bonnet-Bennet, ladies.
What glorious blooms, as Josie FM would say! I’m hoping mine will be good this year 😃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Glad you are being a good patient and hope your recovery continues apace! Lots of love ❤
Thank you for your lovely message @Geranium! 🥰

Had to rush off there but just to add very happy you are making good progress, @Miss Midnight! Lots of love to Master Midnight too - the hero of the hour ❤❤
Thanks so much, @Milking Keynes! ♥

Master Midnight is like Nurse Ratched on steroids and he’s practically tortured me into behaving - he appreciates the love and has asked me to send you a really big hug in return! 🤗

Oh, and your Anna’s self portrait … WOW … it is positively STUNNING! 🤩

• Heart
No one can disagree that THIS is the loveliest thread on Tattle - nay - the internet! I had to miss a day yesterday and opened up this morning to read all the posts I have missed and feel so touched by the mutual support and friendship so evident on our forum. The genuine kindness is unparalleled. 💛

Geranium got a good result this week. Our lovely Miss Midnight is recovering under the auspices of Master Midnight (a welcome addition to any gathering we have) and the gorgeous Anna - so talented, so beautiful with SUCH stunning, compelling eyes. That girl has such sensitivity; all celebrated and supported by our Better than Barbra Bonnet-Bennet. I mean - what could be better than that? Like everyone else I am gunning for her in her exams. I have set up my Massive Cannons and am shooting out light, energy and vibration for her every hour on the hour. I am also sending her a piece of virtual green moldovite to increase her heart for the exams.

It would be perfect if we could call each other I agree Miss Midnight. I wish there was a way. Nevertheless, we all do have a little bit of sacred space here and I for one am delighted to celebrate it. I do - every day. Watering Bonnets is the new black...👒 I love being a member of THE BONNET BRIGADE :D.

My Hydrangea Annabelles are just coming in and when they are in full bloom I will share them here with you. My garden walls are covered in tumbling roses and I will share them from time to time too. Like Miss Canthus mine are mostly pink. June has to be the best month in the garden. I wish it lasted longer...

Talking of @Miscanthus she must be doing her exhibition soon and I have been keen to know more (hint hint).

We got some positive feedback from our Presentation and are now on pins awaiting their decision in a few weeks. The 3,6,9 omens were good and no-one could have worked harder than our team in producing the presentation and tender. Also, everyone set their intentions so well. You may remember I set the company up on Feng Shui principles (I have tried to live by those for many years) so remain cautiously optimistic. I love the fact that some of you have said you have good vibes. It was so uplifting to read your good luck posts too. Thank you so much 🤗

Sending everyone who needs one a big hug and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. The sky is blue and my daughter is coming to stay again on Sunday. We will be singing Irish songs without doubt ☘. I heartily recommend it for lifting your spirits. Watch Maura O’Connel sing ‘Down By The Sally Gardens’ if you’d like to. Another perfect example of ‘no such thing as coincidence’ - it was written by WB Yeats!! If I could have a dinner party with 5 guests alive or dead Seamus Heaney and Yeats would be on either side of me...and the other guests might not get too much attention to be honest. (Apart from St Gary Barlow of course).:rolleyes:

If you could have a dinner party with 5 guests dead or alive from any era - who would they be? I’d love to know who you would choose. My other two guests would be Princess Diana and Joyce Grenfell...

Side note - I can’t tell you how many dinner parties I have given and asked that question - everyone becomes sooo animated and it’s such a good ice-breaker if your guests don’t all know each other ;).

BTW checked out the boathouse and @Miscanthus and Mr Colin Firth-Darcy are NOT there...:oops:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh wow @Milking Keynes 🤩 your daughter is absolutely stunning. What a beautiful self-portait! Sending you and her lots of positive vibes ✨✨✨✨
Thank you, @Hi there, you are so kind ❤. Means so much to me. Hope you are doing well and keep us posted. X

You are all filling me my heart with your kind wishes, my wonderful fellow Bonnets. We have so much going on - with good news on the health front for @Geranium and @Miss Midnight - and @Oops and her hard-working team hoping to secure the tender in the next few weeks. We are really gunning for you - the next few weeks are going to be excruciating for you waiting to hear - I’m even on edge now.

I would also love to know more about the forthcoming exhibition that @Miscanthus mentioned. It’s exciting to say the least. My dad was in an art class when he retired and the class exhibited their work at a parish hall in Dalkey (lovely seaside village a few miles away from us). I remember he had about six paintings and he sold two! He was ecstatic - we were delighted and went to Queens pub beside the hall to celebrate. Exhibiting your art in London, though - how amazing is that. In my dreams, we all congregate at the exhibition to wish her well and appreciate her work. I wonder when it is. Maybe she’ll fill us in when she returns from God knows where... not at the boathouse, anyway, so we can draw a line under that one...

Regarding Irish music and W B Yeats - I have a friend who knows Eleanor Shanley really well and Eleanor used to come into the bar at the basement of the U.S. Embassy when I worked there and sing some trad songs for us - her voice - so pure. She is quite well-known here so you might find her on youtube maybe. Anyway, my friend sent me a copy of Eleanor’s latest album and one song - my absolute favourite - is Cloths of Heaven. When she sings ‘The blue and the dim and the dark cloths/Of night and light and the half light/I would spread the cloths under your feet/But I, being poor, have only my dreams/I have spread my dreams under your feet/Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.’ It is just beautiful set to music. I play the cd in the car when I’m alone (it’s not popular with teens). I’ll play it for you when we all go to yours for a dinner party, @Oops.

Please, everyone, post pics of your blooms. I am really looking forward to seeing them. I would love to see hydrangeas in particular so I can compare to my little newly planted ones. My sister in law sent me a pic of her hydrangeas and they are 9ft high - this is in the Hamptons. I had no idea they would grow like that!

View attachment 614035

They all came tumbling and bees came bumbling 🐝
Heavenly, @Oops ❤

• Heart
In my office some years ago I had ‘Tread softly - for you tread on my dreams’ Inscribed on the wall opposite my desk. It will be on my gravestone too. No line has ever affected me more in my entire life! It has always had such a profound effect on me. Now - years later (Yeats wrote SO enigmatically of growing older) I have written this;

The feathers in my bed lie flatter
Than once they did in years gone by
What’s the problem - does this matter?
Here I’ll give a short reply...
So many dreams lie heavy trodden
Lighter feet were needed there
For dreams should never be forgotten
They showed my hope; they showed my care
Byzantium for me was thoughtful
Melting pots of wishes made
A wall hung well with hand-made treasures
Where fine results could be displayed
The shine of innocence now tarnished
That age long passed in muted folds
Replaced by new dreams gently varnished
With softer hues of blues and golds
And yet if you had trodden softer
I would still be lying here
Upon my bed of softer feathers
Still with thoughts still held so dear
A path that has been better trodden
Lies deep - embedded in our youth
We each of us must make our mark
With steps embedded in our truth...

• Heart
In my office some years ago I had ‘Tread softly - for you tread on my dreams’ Inscribed on the wall opposite my desk. It will be on my gravestone too. No line has ever affected me more in my entire life! It has always had such a profound effect on me. Now - years later (Yeats wrote SO enigmatically of growing older) I have written this;

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful, moving and poignant poem. I will absolutely treasure this. It’s almost a continuation of Cloths of Heaven. You have captured exactly the tenderness of his writing. You are so, so talented. I feel like a thief taking screen shots of your work, I really do. ❤

Eta - @Oops - Canción de Amor by Eleanor Shanley and John Feeley is the album where Cloths of Heaven is recorded. If you want to get it, I believe it is available on her website. The album is not on sale widely and I understand that it was recorded in a series of cathedrals and churches. John is a guitarist who accompanies her. That particular song is my favourite - and I play it all the time.

C2B5A7F6-0554-42EB-9FAE-E138BF57E1A9.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful, moving and poignant poem. I will absolutely treasure this. It’s almost a continuation of Cloths of Heaven. You have captured exactly the tenderness of his writing. You are so, so talented. I feel like a thief taking screen shots of your work, I really do. ❤

Eta - @Oops - Canción de Amor by Eleanor Shanley and John Feeley is the album where Cloths of Heaven is recorded. If you want to get it, I believe it is available on her website. The album is not on sale widely and I understand that it was recorded in a series of cathedrals and churches. John is a guitarist who accompanies her. That particular song is my favourite - and I play it all the time.
I could not find her version of Cloths of Heaven so now I will deffo get this. Thank you SO much. 💛

Also, thank you so much for such lovely words about my poem. I hoped to recreate sadness caused by the heavy-footedness of others yet still offer a gentle hope at the same time; maybe because none of us will ever grow too old to dream. Please be my eternal thief!!

Oh how I love Yeats. I can see you do too xxx Connemara Queen Bonnets - that’s what we need ☘

• Heart
We have a new member! Mildred Ratched!

I mean THAT cannot be a coincidence :cool:...

@MissMidnight - your comments please :p

Have just realised that we have the vignettes on here - we have the pets on here - but only one post on shoes and bags...(When we set up that was the premise :geek:).

Are we being remiss? That’s what I want to know :m

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
We have a new member! Mildred Ratched!

I mean THAT cannot be a coincidence :cool:...

@MissMidnight - your comments please :p

Have just realised that we have the vignettes on here - we have the pets on here - but only one post on shoes and bags...(When we set up that was the premise :geek:).

Are we being remiss? That’s what I want to know :m
Mildred Ratched - could it be Master Midnight in cunning disguise?

Yes - shoes and bags - what happened? We got sidetracked by other important business. I will definitely post some shoes and bags when I get organised. My wardrobe needs an immediate clearout first, though.👠👡👢🥿💼👜👒👒👒👒

• Haha
  • Heart

So beautiful- brought tears to my eyes, thank you ❤

I have a big birthday this year and am thinking of treating myself to probably my first and last designer bag! Any thoughts? I don’t think I have the budget or the desire for Chanel and Lydia has put me off Hermes ha ha! I like the Chloe Tess and the YSL sac du jour, also the Givenchy Antigona….

• Heart

I have a big birthday this year and am thinking of treating myself to probably my first and last designer bag! Any thoughts? I don’t think I have the budget or the desire for Chanel and Lydia has put me off Hermes ha ha! I like the Chloe Tess and the YSL sac du jour, also the Givenchy Antigona….
How exciting! I love the Chloe Tess. I do not have a Givenchy or a YSL bag but certainly the YSL gets rave reviews. I think the first part of this process is to actually see how much you carry around with you. Some people like to put sunglasses, keys, sanitiser, tissues,etc in their bag while I take keys and cards and that’s pretty much it. I have reduced the size of my bags by getting rid of my wallet albeit a really nice LV one and instead carry my Chanel cardholder.

I would recommend having a gander at Vivienne Connolly’s you tube channel. She knows her bags and she fits all her stuff in it to illustrate properly what they hold. She was a model in the 90’s and she really doesn’t take herself too seriously so she’s fun to watch. I know she raves about her YSL but I’m not sure if she has the Givenchy or Chloe. I am so excited for this. I’m going to go and look at each of these bags in detail.

Eta Now that I think about it, Vivienne is mostly a Louis Vuitton bag lady so she might not be much use. OMG just looked at the YSL Sac de jour - am drooooollliiinng - divine.

Eta - I’m back - my final decision (I am very decisive) -

No 1. YSL Sac de jour. Beautiful. If it were me it would be the smooth leather and cane one.
No 2. Chloe Tess. Love this style. If it were me I would choose the calfskin tan.
No 3. Givenchy Antigona. Also sublime. If it were me I would go for the small grey leather tote.

I am so jealous of you right now, @Geranium, it’s always dangerous to talk about bags around me - gets me all fired up.

Last edited:
  • Heart

I think Aspinal do good bags at reasonable prices and you can have your initials put on if you would like that.
Also YSL if you want a bag that carries everything.
I quite like Strathberry for smaller bags - they always look eye catching.
I like Todds but only have 3 or 4.
I have 2 Chanel and a few Prada.
Valentino 1 -barely used
Gucci - 1 used to death.

Will try and put up a few photos (vignettes :m ) xx

• Heart
I think Aspinal do good bags at reasonable prices and you can have your initials put on if you would like that.
Also YSL if you want a bag that carries everything.
I quite like Strathberry for smaller bags - they always look eye catching.
I like Todds but only have 3 or 4.
I have 2 Chanel and a few Prada.
Valentino 1 -barely used
Gucci - 1 used to death.

Will try and put up a few photos (vignettes :m ) xx
Nice collection, @Oops. I have two Prada, four Chanel (three of the four are wallets on chains), three Vuitton, two Gucci, one Tory Burch, one Fendi, one Dior. I think that’s it.

• Heart
D3B49F53-4859-4CE5-9457-296980F077AD.jpeg

2 Strathberry with a few Tods and. Roger Vivier behind.

BC11DA68-3DF0-4D99-8161-627D295FD629.jpeg

YSL for space

• Heart
ED76E813-7604-4B30-842F-6A266D860BB3.jpeg

Aspinal for big space and monogramming (top shelf) and below

image.jpg

Sun streaming into dressing room so hard I could barely see to take photos.

The only bag I have used in the last year is the burgundy YSL but that is gonna’ change. Oh boy - is that gonna’ change... :p

How exciting! I love the Chloe Tess. I do not have a Givenchy or a YSL bag but certainly the YSL gets rave reviews. I think the first part of this process is to actually see how much you carry around with you. Some people like to put sunglasses, keys, sanitiser, tissues,etc in their bag while I take keys and cards and that’s pretty much it. I have reduced the size of my bags by getting rid of my wallet albeit a really nice LV one and instead carry my Chanel cardholder.

I would recommend having a gander at Vivienne Connolly’s you tube channel. She knows her bags and she fits all her stuff in it to illustrate properly what they hold. She was a model in the 90’s and she really doesn’t take herself too seriously so she’s fun to watch. I know she raves about her YSL but I’m not sure if she has the Givenchy or Chloe. I am so excited for this. I’m going to go and look at each of these bags in detail.

Eta Now that I think about it, Vivienne is mostly a Louis Vuitton bag lady so she might not be much use. OMG just looked at the YSL Sac de jour - am drooooollliiinng - divine.

Eta - I’m back - my final decision (I am very decisive) -

No 1. YSL Sac de jour. Beautiful. If it were me it would be the smooth leather and cane one.
No 2. Chloe Tess. Love this style. If it were me I would choose the calfskin tan.
No 3. Givenchy Antigona. Also sublime. If it were me I would go for the small grey leather tote.

I am so jealous of you right now, @Geranium, it’s always dangerous to talk about bags around me - gets me all fired up.
Well if any further evidence were needed that we were separated at birth this is it. I LOVE being a Bag Lady (a la Fur Babies) and a Bonnet Brigade Member. Bonnets, Bags, Boots, Shoes - always my biggest weaknesses. Always gets me fired up too. Some take alcohol some take drugs - I take shoes. (Well I pay for them before I take them - I don’t actually steal them! )...

Last edited:
  • Heart
View attachment 614436
Aspinal for big space and monogramming (top shelf) and below

View attachment 614445

Sun streaming into dressing room so hard I could barely see to take photos.

The only bag I have used in the last year is the burgundy YSL but that is gonna’ change. Oh boy - is that gonna’ change... :p
Stunning collection. I have taken mine out of the wardrobe because it’s too cluttered so here’s a pic of my little lot. I have a few more that didn’t make it in but that I still love.

722BADA6-B4D3-4971-9D3C-932A337DB5BA.jpeg

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.