Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi ladies !!!

I'm not even British but the "Lilibet" issue really annoyed me !!! There is just something about MM I cannot stand.
Missed you ladies. 💞Tomorrow is a public holiday (bank holiday) in South Africa 🎉🎉🎉 and I intend on doing a "Lydia" and slothing around in my pjs ...
Hey, Namima!

Yes - I agree - you don’t need to be British to be disgusted by the Lilibet issue. It’s sickening to most, I’m sure. A public holiday tomorrow, yay - an opportunity to take a leaf out of Lydia’s book is right. That means a ‘lay in’, pancakes or gangsta sausage rolls made by your OH, PJ’s all day and a good Tattle read and Rosé and Anne with an E from 4pm. Enjoy! ❤😉

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just popped over here for some much needed respite from the other thread.

Like Namima, even though I’m not from the UK, the whole Lilibet Diana thing made me positively ill!

Not only insulting to The Queen, but to Prince William, Catherine, and their little princess because her name is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana - like Lydia, MM has no class and is just plain gauche!

Now onto a happier topic … you guys!
How are you all today?

Sending love to you gorgeous humans - you really do help to keep me sane these days! ♥

• Heart

Like Namima, even though I’m not from the UK, the whole Lilibet Diana thing made me positively ill!

Not only insulting to The Queen, but to Prince William, Catherine, and their little princess because her name is Charlotte Elizabeth Diana - like Lydia, MM has no class and is just plain gauche!

How are you all today?

Sending love to you gorgeous humans - you really do help to keep me sane these days! ♥
Totally agree with sentiments about MM but I nailed my colours to that mast some time ago.

Well...I managed to break a toe at the weekend so hobbling around now! Der! On the plus side, more Tattle time!

Thanks for the love...sending love back ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Totally agree with sentiments about MM but I nailed my colours to that mast some time ago.

Well...I managed to break a toe at the weekend so hobbling around now! Der! On the plus side, more Tattle time!

Ah, no.... what a terrible thing to happen to you. I was wondering where you were? We even searched the boathouse for our Miss(ing) Canthus - you’ve been sorely missed. Hope you are not in too much discomfort. ❤

• Heart

Oh you poor thing - how did you do that? xx Hope it heals fast!

• Heart

Ouch ! That must have hurt something awful :(

Where is our @fedup90210 ? We haven't heard from her in a few days. Hope everything is ok ? 💞

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ah, no.... what a terrible thing to happen to you. I was wondering where you were? We even searched the boathouse for our Miss(ing) Canthus - you’ve been sorely missed. Hope you are not in too much discomfort. ❤
@Milking Keynes @Geranium @Namima Thank you for your kind comments ❤
I stubbed my foot on the bed leg in bare feet...normally you just swear and move on but not this time! 🙄 I hate walking around in bare feet too but I was rushing.
Pain isn't toooooo bad (it's the toe next to my little toe, left foot), but it's annoying because I can't get a shoe on, because it's strapped up, or drive because of the pressure. I'm in the middle of a two week art event too! 😣

• Sad
  • Heart
I stubbed my foot on the bed leg in bare feet...normally you just swear and move on but not this time! 🙄 I hate walking around in bare feet too but I was rushing.
Pain isn't toooooo bad (it's the toe next to my little toe, left foot), but it's annoying because I can't get a shoe on, because it's strapped up, or drive because of the pressure. I'm in the middle of a two week art event too! 😣
Oh no - the timing is the worst. I am assuming you are being ordered to rest and not travel to and from London? Are you exhibiting? In spite of this awful setback, this is very exciting!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Ouch ! That must have hurt something awful :(

Where is our @fedup90210 ? We haven't heard from her in a few days. Hope everything is ok ? 💞
Thank you for asking after me @Namima ...I was beginning to wonder if y'all had forgotten who I was. 😔🤗

Still in the middle of exams, so just dashing in and out quickly. (It's nearly 4am here, so about to hit the hay). Had an absolutely dreadful exam this morning - just blanked - so now I'm dealing with the 'crisis of confidence' aftermath. Argh. Moving on...only 5 more days to go, then there's a 3 week break. Wondering how the other exams are going across the world - @Milking Keynes @MissMidnight 😘

Went to Mr 7 and Miss 6's school production this evening of The Lorax. I literally cried my eyes out through the whole thing (it was dedicated to a beautiful student who went to the same school, and died this year at 14...so sad). The Lorax is such a poignant wee story!

• Heart

Oh the pain, @Miscanthus … OUCH! 😖

Unfortunately broken bones always hurt quite badly, partly because they need to be bandaged or cast fairly tightly so the bone heals properly - such an inconvenience and horrible timing given your art event, that’s for sure.

I hope you were given some analgesia to take home with you so you aren’t too uncomfortable.

Stupid legs on beds!

Just in case you need my expert nursing skills, my pre-loved Tardis is at the ready - you just need to ring your shiny new call bell and I will be there! 🔔

Sending extra love and big hugs to you! ♥

• Heart
Thank you for asking after me @Namima ...I was beginning to wonder if y'all had forgotten who I was. 😔🤗

Still in the middle of exams, so just dashing in and out quickly. (It's nearly 4am here, so about to hit the hay). Had an absolutely dreadful exam this morning - just blanked - so now I'm dealing with the 'crisis of confidence' aftermath. Argh. Moving on...only 5 more days to go, then there's a 3 week break. Wondering how the other exams are going across the world - @Milking Keynes @MissMidnight 😘

Went to Mr 7 and Miss 6's school production this evening of The Lorax. I literally cried my eyes out through the whole thing (it was dedicated to a beautiful student who went to the same school, and died this year at 14...so sad). The Lorax is such a poignant wee story!
Awww, I'm sure you will do excellently. Concentrate on what's ahead. You'll be fine 👏
Lovely that you got an evening out even though it had some sadness attached to it. What a thoughtful sending off for the student.
Have a good rest xoxo

• Heart

No - you were not forgotten! I assumed the exams were on. Hold tight there, I’m sure you’ll do great. Very stressful, I know. I’m just back from the doctor, actually as I had to get a ‘waiver’ for my daughter that allows her 15 minute break if she gets a migraine during her exams which is the prime worry. Go to bed and try and get some sleep.Lots of love XO

• Heart
Oh no! So sorry to hear that! I was thinking about you while watching Josie's latest offering (To be frank...I don't want her talking about peonies - just leave one thing unspoilt! 😂 )
Miss 19 ended up fracturing her ankle while playing football tonight, and after a trip to A&E ended up with a moon boot on...there must be something in the air! ;)

Take care poppet xx

• Sad
Oh no - the timing is the worst. I am assuming you are being ordered to rest and not travel to and from London? Are you exhibiting? In spite of this awful setback, this is very exciting!
Fortunately my exhibition is local...it's an open studio event...and it's my first time! I have been wanting to do it for two years so it's a big deal for me. I don't have to be there every day but I want to be!

Definitely not forgotten 😍. Good luck with the remaining exams.

Oh the pain, @Miscanthus … OUCH! 😖

Unfortunately broken bones always hurt quite badly, partly because they need to be bandaged or cast fairly tightly so the bone heals properly - such an inconvenience and horrible timing given your art event, that’s for sure.

I hope you were given some analgesia to take home with you so you aren’t too uncomfortable.

Stupid legs on beds!

Just in case you need my expert nursing skills, my pre-loved Tardis is at the ready - you just need to ring your shiny new call bell and I will be there! 🔔

Sending extra love and big hugs to you! ♥
Thanks so much! I am so annoyed with myself. I have osteoarthritis in my toes...have had for years...so am extra protective of them. You never usually find me barefoot...er....stooopid bed!
Your tardis would be so useful right now!! 🙄

Oh no! So sorry to hear that! I was thinking about you while watching Josie's latest offering (To be frank...I don't want her talking about peonies - just leave one thing unspoilt! 😂 )
Miss 19 ended up fracturing her ankle while playing football tonight, and after a trip to A&E ended up with a moon boot on...there must be something in the air! ;)

Take care poppet xx
Thank you! My peonies are out now and I was thinking of you! 😅
Poor Miss 19....A&E..fractured ankle?!?! That sounds really serious 😣 and much more impressive than stubbing a toe!
Hoping it heals quickly 😍

Last edited:
  • Heart

How are you all today?

Sanity? Oh yes - I remember sanity. :m That was before I ever heard of that nice Dr Fauci.:sick:

Anyhoo - thunderstorms ahead and a respite from watering. Sending love to all. My daughter still with me doing her consultations from my drawing room and I am trying hard not to miss her too much. At least we are in the same house. Neither of us are big drinkers but we killed 2 bottles of rose over a long supper in the garden on the first night she arrived. Boy was I sluggish next day! I know dearest @MissMidnight that you are entering your winter (almost phase). We have had our customary 2 weeks of sunshine for this year it seems...@Milking Keynes - did you get your staycation booked and is @Namima still in her pj’s?💛

Have caught up and NOW understand why our beloved @Miscanthus ‘went missing“...hope your poor toe heals quickly 💛WHY do these things happen at important times? WHY?

We need the full low-down on your exhibition. I have been on tenterhooks for weeks for you! :m

Sorry about your brain-freeze FEd! WHY does THAT happen? It’s soooooo frustrating and then your daughters ankle...Is there something in the air/water/ atmosphere? I thought you were busy with your exams and that’s why you hadn’t been able to post too. I have never seen The Lorax - there is clearly an educational shortfall in my life...Let us know how the rest of the exams go xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Good afternoon, @Oops - how lovely you still have your daughter over. I am looking forward to a glass of Merlot over the weekend but it looks increasingly unlikely as my 16 yo has a social life which usually entails me collecting her at midnight from whichever friend she is with. Anyway, exams trundling along for my other daughter and she is armed with Zolmitriptan to get her through the horror of migraines.

I have booked the House Hotel in Galway for the first week in August - please God it won’t rain! 🤞🏼🤞🏼 It is located in the Latin Quarter, as I said, at Spanish Arch so even if Mr. Bennet-Bonnet plays golf for the duration, me and the girls can wander about. Would so love it if you rowdy lot could join!

I won’t even mention the tender as you are already on tenterhooks about it. ☘ XO

• Heart
Sanity? Oh yes - I remember sanity. :m That was before I ever heard of that nice Dr Fauci.:sick:

Anyhoo - thunderstorms ahead and a respite from watering. Sending love to all. My daughter still with me doing her consultations from my drawing room and I am trying hard not to miss her too much. At least we are in the same house. Neither of us are big drinkers but we killed 2 bottles of rose over a long supper in the garden on the first night she arrived. Boy was I sluggish next day! I know dearest @MissMidnight that you are entering your winter (almost phase). We have had our customary 2 weeks of sunshine for this year it seems...@Milking Keynes - did you get your staycation booked and is @Namima still in her pj’s?💛

Have caught up and NOW understand why our beloved @Miscanthus ‘went missing“...hope your poor toe heals quickly 💛WHY do these things happen at important times? WHY?

We need the full low-down on your exhibition. I have been on tenterhooks for weeks for you! :m

Sorry about your brain-freeze FEd! WHY does THAT happen? It’s soooooo frustrating and then your daughters ankle...Is there something in the air/water/ atmosphere? I thought you were busy with your exams and that’s why you hadn’t been able to post too. I have never seen The Lorax - there is clearly an educational shortfall in my life...Let us know how the rest of the exams go xx
Thank you @Oops... how lovely to have your daughter with you. I completely understand the rosé consumption. Sometimes it just slips down! 😉
I wasn't really missing, just busy with prep for the 2 week open studio event. The toe break is just a massive issue for me and the timing is the worst, smack bang in the middle. If it had happened during lockdown it would have made no difference! No golf for me either but my golf buddy has been on the phone because her dog died suddenly and she is inconsolable. Life is challenging sometimes.
It's nice not to worry about watering the garden and all my plants as I was convinced I would trip over the hosepipe and meet my demise!
Fingers crossed for the tender 🤞
In both my careers I have found that the higher the price the more the client wants to work with you because they think you must be the absolute best! 😁

• Heart
Thank you @Oops... how lovely to have your daughter with you. I completely understand the rosé consumption. Sometimes it just slips down! 😉
I wasn't really missing, just busy with prep for the 2 week open studio event. The toe break is just a massive issue for me and the timing is the worst, smack bang in the middle. If it had happened during lockdown it would have made no difference! No golf for me either but my golf buddy has been on the phone because her dog died suddenly and she is inconsolable. Life is challenging sometimes.
It's nice not to worry about watering the garden and all my plants as I was convinced I would trip over the hosepipe and meet my demise!
Fingers crossed for the tender 🤞
In both my careers I have found that the higher the price the more the client wants to work with you because they think you must be the absolute best! 😁
Oh, damn - like I said already, the timing is woeful for you. Why, oh why do these horrible things happen when least expected or wanted. At least, though, you got the organisational element sorted before it happened, hence you are missing the ‘nice’ week as opposed to the setup week, I’m thinking? Sending lots of support and love your way, though, because it’s a damn shame either way. ❤

• Heart
Oh, damn - like I said already, the timing is woeful for you. Why, oh why do these horrible things happen when least expected or wanted. At least, though, you got the organisational element sorted before it happened, hence you are missing the ‘nice’ week as opposed to the setup week, I’m thinking? Sending lots of support and love your way, though, because it’s a damn shame either way. ❤
Thank you! Yes, you are right...it would have been even more annoying during the prep when I was running around. At least I can relax now. So frustrated though!!!
I've also been bitten by a horse fly and now on antibiotics because the rash is infected and spreading! 🤣

• Sad
  • Wow
Thank you! Yes, you are right...it would have been even more annoying during the prep when I was running around. At least I can relax now. So frustrated though!!!
I've also been bitten by a horse fly and now on antibiotics because the rash is infected and spreading! 🤣
Oh no - horse fly bites are horrible! I’m glad you’re on the antibiotics. Those little bastards have jaws of steel, they can drive horses and cows insane. Hope you get better soon and keep an eye on the spread of that rash xxx

• Heart
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.