Vignettes and Pets

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Strawtop Cottage - is that Cawwie’s former abode? No - I live in Ireland, not the UK, @fedup90210, so no travelling abroad for me - I will be going to either Waterford (Waterford Castle is nice) or Parknasilla Hotel, Kerry if I can get the bookings - or our failsafe - Mount Juliet, Kilkenny.
Noooo.....it's Josie and Lord Charlie's rental accommodation in the place of outstanding natural beauty (the one that's not Ireland). ☺ ;)

So, does 'travelling abroad' mean 'jumping over the sea'? Mr Google tells me it is 381 kilometres from Ireland to the UK, which is the same as travelling from Canterbury to Kaka Point (I have attached a picture for your reference, or Kaka Point - I think you would like it there. My mother grew up in the Catlins, which is pretty wild and woolly. FYI - Kaka Point Cemetary is the dead centre of town ;)😂).
1623321482262.png

1623321526606.png

Nugget Point Lighthouse.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Noooo.....it's Josie and Lord Charlie's rental accommodation in the place of outstanding natural beauty (the one that's not Ireland). ☺ ;)

So, does 'travelling abroad' mean 'jumping over the sea'? Mr Google tells me it is 381 kilometres from Ireland to the UK, which is the same as travelling from Canterbury to Kaka Point (I have attached a picture for your reference, or Kaka Point - I think you would like it there. My mother grew up in the Catlins, which is pretty wild and woolly. FYI - Kaka Point Cemetary is the dead centre of town ;)😂).
View attachment 611200
View attachment 611201
Nugget Point Lighthouse.
Wow - the lighting! Are you an exceptional photographer or is this the norm? That is a captivating sight. Yes, you are right - Ireland and the UK, although obviously separate islands, are a mere stone’s throw apart.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Wow - the lighting! Are you an exceptional photographer or is this the norm? That is a captivating sight. Yes, you are right - Ireland and the UK, although obviously separate islands, are a mere stone’s throw apart.
It's unashamedly blagged off of Google. 😂 The beach pic, I can say certainty is 100% accurate. They do have some amazing auroras down south though, so it's likely that the lighting is fairly correct, with slight tweaking perhaps. They also have the coolest waterfalls. When you pop over to New Zealand for the world tour, you should check Fiordland out too. (Now THAT is going abroad!) Having said that, we get some stunning sunsets here in North Canterbury, where the whole sky turns all shades of raspberry, green, blue. It's pretty cool. We are very blessed!!
Fiordland:
1623323045988.png

I'm happy to be your tour guide!! ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Aaaahhhhh.....the dream of being able to shake off the veil of anonymity! (Only with you lovely folk though - not the stark raving mad ones!) 🤭 🤗
There must be a way... I'd like to buy a vowel please (clues to an instagram account perhaps...) hehehe...

Right. Back to study. Glad to see you're back in the land of the living Oops. Very chuffed to hear that although you all spent torturous hours on the tender (loving care must surely follow), that it was a fulfilling experience. 💕

I'm jolly looking forward to this sleepover! I bags the cellar! (Just saying...need to keep the elderflower cordial on ice. I can be trusted to look after the plonk). hehehe...

Will you be off to Strawtop Cottage by any chance? (Snigger snigger...) 💕🤭🥤🍓
I categorically will not be off to Strawtop thank you - I need s-p-a-c-e.... :rolleyes: . I wish there was a way we could all just get together (only us of course) because we could be joined on zoom for those too far away. Some of you live quite near I believe wink wink @Miscanthus...Oh it would be sooooo lovely. My daughter says I make the best summer Pimms in the world🍓.Bags I don’t have to cook though...:rolleyes:. Our UK members could all get here within 2 -3 hours depending on mode of transport. @Miss Midnight needs a holiday and could come for longer than a weekend and I’m sure @Namima and Fedup need a holiday too. Good luck with your exams dear Fed...you will smash them I am sure. The FED’s are comin’...

As a complete aside - is anyone else fed up to the back teeth with the yodelling Dominoes pizza advert on the telly? Teeth - gritted - sound - off. Grrr....

Strawtop Cottage - is that Cawwie’s former abode? No - I live in Ireland, not the UK, @fedup90210, so no travelling abroad for me - I will be going to either Waterford (Waterford Castle is nice) or Parknasilla Hotel, Kerry if I can get the bookings - or our failsafe - Mount Juliet, Kilkenny.
Deck chair and Hermes book is all yours - fully booked even if I have to bring it to Kilkenny... :m

One day..imagine? Joy of joys... I’m also seeing a long weekend - lots of fun and laughter. I’m actually not a bad cook so this houseguest will pull her weight - you can rely on me, @Oops. Speaking of weight, I managed to prize myself in to an old favourite yesterday - a white summer dress from last year. Yay! Result! Not a french fry yet but no longer an oversized rooster either.

In the meantime, Mr. Bennet-Bonnet is requesting that I organise a staycation. Oh, the stress - my jangled nerves - he will want us to hike up mountains when I favour a more genteel approach. He turns into a Gunnery Sargeant on holidays so I better choose wisely. Somewhere flat, preferably.😂 My lovely, lovely doggy care lady says August is fine so I’ll work on the first two weeks maybe. Any plans, you guys?
First 2 weeks of August wherever you are going sounds good to me. I don’t walk - at all - so you will have to stay behind to look after me! Ha! Perfect...If necessary I will turn up in a bath chair to exaggerate this point. I can borrow one from a local museum. (I can walk of course but choose not to on holiday) I am good at sitting and chatting and there my skill sets disappear. Ain’t no mountain low enough for me to climb... :m. I have some very pretty bonnets though which will make up for my lack of enthusiasm in the walking department!;)

Last edited:
  • Heart
I categorically will not be off to Strawtop thank you - I need s-p-a-c-e.... :rolleyes: . I wish there was a way we could all just get together (only us of course) because we could be joined on zoom for those too far away. Some of you live quite near I believe wink wink @Miscanthus...Oh it would be sooooo lovely. My daughter says I make the best summer Pimms in the world🍓.Bags I don’t have to cook though...:rolleyes:. Our UK members could all get here within 2 -3 hours depending on mode of transport. @Miss Midnight needs a holiday and could come for longer than a weekend and I’m sure @Namima and Fedup need a holiday too. Good luck with your exams dear Fed...you will smash them I am sure. The FED’s are comin’...

As a complete aside - is anyone else fed up to the back teeth with the yodelling Dominoes pizza advert on the telly? Teeth - gritted - sound - off. Grrr....

Deck chair and Hermes book is all yours - fully booked even if I have to bring it to Kilkenny... :m

First 2 weeks of August wherever you are going sounds good to me. I don’t walk - at all - so you will have to stay behind to look after me! Ha! Perfect...If necessary I will turn up in a bath chair to exaggerate this point. I can borrow one from a local museum. (I can walk of course but choose not to on holiday) I am good at sitting and chatting and there my skill sets disappear. Ain’t no mountain low enough for me to climb... :m. I have some very pretty bonnets though which will make up for my lack of enthusiasm in the walking department!;)
I'm not surprised that you won't be off to Strawtop - even though a Lord partially owns it.

I have just consulted Master Google regarding Mount Juliet, Kilkenny - count me IN! (That is stunning @Milking Keynes 💕 ) Totally happy to 'zoom ' in though! Can you imagine it!? The varying amount of accents would be a right hoot! (We might need some sort of translation service - especially for you lot to understand this kiwi - especially as we tend to get rid of most of the consonants, and definitely all of the vowels! LOL) Enter Michael McIntyre's skit where he compares the Australian accent with the kiwi one. 😂😂😂 Very sad, but true!!

I've been fed up with a few things lately (hardly surprising), but I have to say I'm not familiar with said advertisement.

I have tried Pimms once in my life, and I have to say I rather liked it - so come on down Oops! (Hehe...thank you for the well wishes for exams - you know I'll be in and out over the next couple of weeks - maybe a party might be in order after that!! I love the idea of 'the FED'S are coming!' 🤭

Rightiho you lovely characters (does anyone get my little joke? wink wink!), as soon as I figure out the two legal tests for knowledge, I'll be off to beddy byes.

So nice to have a short chat with some of y'all again. Love from down under! 💕

• Heart

You and me both! Sitting and chatting are my skill sets too. I don’t really understand spending hours climbing up a mountain - for what, though? To plant a flag? Ernest Shackleton?

I don’t know about the Domino’s ad, but I highly recommend The Kominsky Method on Netflix - it is amazing!! If you haven’t already watched it, please give it a go. It is funny and clever and heart-warming and you can even see me on Ep2 singing The Way We Were if you keep your eyes peeled.

I'm not surprised that you won't be off to Strawtop - even though a Lord partially owns it.

I have just consulted Master Google regarding Mount Juliet, Kilkenny - count me IN! (That is stunning @Milking Keynes 💕 ) Totally happy to 'zoom ' in though! Can you imagine it!? The varying amount of accents would be a right hoot! (We might need some sort of translation service - especially for you lot to understand this kiwi - especially as we tend to get rid of most of the consonants, and definitely all of the vowels! LOL) Enter Michael McIntyre's skit where he compares the Australian accent with the kiwi one. 😂😂😂 Very sad, but true!!

I've been fed up with a few things lately (hardly surprising), but I have to say I'm not familiar with said advertisement.

I have tried Pimms once in my life, and I have to say I rather liked it - so come on down Oops! (Hehe...thank you for the well wishes for exams - you know I'll be in and out over the next couple of weeks - maybe a party might be in order after that!! I love the idea of 'the FED'S are coming!' 🤭

Rightiho you lovely characters (does anyone get my little joke? wink wink!), as soon as I figure out the two legal tests for knowledge, I'll be off to beddy byes.

So nice to have a short chat with some of y'all again. Love from down under! 💕
Yes, Mount Juliet is very nice but we always go there so I think we might need to venture to Galway instead. Hope your studies going well. Xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
You and me both! Sitting and chatting are my skill sets too. I don’t really understand spending hours climbing up a mountain - for what, though? To plant a flag? Ernest Shackleton?

I don’t know about the Domino’s ad, but I highly recommend The Kominsky Method on Netflix - it is amazing!! If you haven’t already watched it, please give it a go. It is funny and clever and heart-warming and you can even see me on Ep2 singing The Way We Were if you keep your eyes peeled.

Yes, Mount Juliet is very nice but we always go there so I think we might need to venture to Galway instead. Hope your studies going well. Xx
Have watched Komimsky but will revert to episode 2 now to see if I can spot you!! Yay!
Are UK allowed in to Galway do you know? I’ve never been...I know our sausages are banned but not sure about humans...(never did I ever think I would write that sentence) ... :rolleyes:

Been back and watched episode 2 series 1. Was that you doing Barbra? :m

Last edited:
  • Haha
Have watched Komimsky but will revert to episode 2 now to see if I can spot you!! Yay!
Are UK allowed in to Galway do you know? I’ve never been...I know our sausages are banned but not sure about humans...(never did I ever think I would write that sentence) ... :rolleyes:

Been back and watched episode 2 series 1. Was that you doing Barbra? :m
Oh, you saw me then? Did you hold on to the stem of your glass as before?! Those high notes - I have them nailed.

There is some kind of Brexit sausage war I believe - however, if you fancy a sausage, I will serve you some Clonakilty sausages - very tasty. Galway is lovely - a very sociable place with a Latin Quarter which is full of little cafés, restaurants and cute shops. Lots of places to employ our skill set 😉 All our travel plans - I love it - a world Tattle Tour.

DAC9490C-13B6-4099-AF45-9FC601455813.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Oh, you saw me then? Did you hold on to the stem of your glass as before?! Those high notes - I have them nailed.

There is some kind of Brexit sausage war I believe - however, if you fancy a sausage, I will serve you some Clonakilty sausages - very tasty. Galway is lovely - a very sociable place with a Latin Quarter which is full of little cafés, restaurants and cute shops. Lots of places to employ our skill set 😉 All our travel plans - I love it - a world Tattle Tour.

View attachment 611468
I love paintings like that! You can pour over them for ages...It reminds me so much of the the painting that Red did of all of us at Trunchy’s Trooping of the Colours.

What a voice! So now we must call you Better Than Barbra Bennet-Bonnet!!! THAT’s why we did 3 renditions of The Way We Were at your birthday celebrations. 🤗 I am now going off to research Galway. I have never been across the sea to Ireland. When I was little when we still lived in the city we lived next door to an Irish Sea Captain. It was a huge family called O’Keefe. My parents and I rattled around in our house whilst the robust O’Keefes filled theirs. They were such a lot of fun. I learned 40 Shades of Green by listening through the wall ! Their youngest daughter was my friend. Also my daughter and I went through a period of singing Irish songs together like the Spinning Wheel, Peggy Gordon and Down by The Sally Gardens...I really wish there were no quarantine restrictions on travelling to Ireland otherwise I’d be there like a shot. My daughter would too.:cry:

• Heart
Just asking how you are now @MissMidnight ? Have you been obeying your Doctor’s orders? Also I was wondering why you have dropped your banana avatar? Sending big hugs 🤗

• Heart

Oh, I am sooo glad you’re back @Oops... you have been missed terribly! ♥

I have a VERY good feeling about your tender and my feelings about these sorts of things are rarely wrong - so I’m confident you have this one in the bag, my friend!

There is no doubt in my mind that one day we shall all meet up in person and we will have the most wonderful time together … I can see us now sipping our Pimms in your stunning backyard and laughing our collective bonnets off!

I can think of nothing lovelier than coming to stay with you for a short holiday (it’s freezing and downright miserable here at the moment), although I would have to bring Master Midnight along with me if that’s okay with you … he’s exceptionally well behaved and would be more than happy to just snuggle up with Teddy Bear and Gem in your living room or on the terrace with his books.

Back to reality for a moment … how I wish we really could call one another somehow … wouldn’t that be actually be THE ABSOLUTE DREAM?

Just asking how you are now @MissMidnight ? Have you been obeying your Doctor’s orders? Also I was wondering why you have dropped your banana avatar? Sending big hugs 🤗
As for obeying my Doctor’s orders … well, let me just say I haven’t exactly had any choice in the matter because Master Midnight has turned into the bossiest nurse I have ever known, even though I’m feeling a million times better than I was when I was first discharged from hospital.

I’ll still be on leave from work for at least another month, but I promise you I’m doing okay.

Sending big hugs right back atcha Oops, you beautiful human! 🤗

• Heart
Good afternoon, all. My daughter started her Leaving Cert today so asking all of my wonderful friends here to send positive energy to my poor little student! Her name is Anna and she is tall, blonde and blue-eyed just so you can picture her while manifesting. ❤❤ Thank you! I know you have the most beautiful aura here on this treasured thread and I appreciate very much your helping hand in this. I do worry about her as you all know. X

I actually would love to send you a self-portrait she did but I don’t think I can, can I? She entered it into a national competition and got second. It was judged by the art critic, Waldemar Januszczak, which was quite an honour.

@Oops - I cannot believe you know all those Irish songs - we will raise the roof when we get together! @Oops and Babs in perfect harmony!

• Heart
Good afternoon, all. My daughter started her Leaving Cert today so asking all of my wonderful friends here to send positive energy to my poor little student! Her name is Anna and she is tall, blonde and blue-eyed just so you can picture her while manifesting. ❤❤ Thank you! I know you have the most beautiful aura here on this treasured thread and I appreciate very much your helping hand in this. I do worry about her as you all know. X

I actually would love to send you a self-portrait she did but I don’t think I can, can I? She entered it into a national competition and got second. It was judged by the art critic, Waldemar Januszczak, which was quite an honour.

@Oops - I cannot believe you know all those Irish songs - we will raise the roof when we get together! @Oops and Babs in perfect harmony!
Sending your lovely girl positive thoughts and wishes xx

Oh, I am sooo glad you’re back @Oops... you have been missed terribly! ♥

I have a VERY good feeling about your tender and my feelings about these sorts of things are rarely wrong - so I’m confident you have this one in the bag, my friend!

There is no doubt in my mind that one day we shall all meet up in person and we will have the most wonderful time together … I can see us now sipping our Pimms in your stunning backyard and laughing our collective bonnets off!

I can think of nothing lovelier than coming to stay with you for a short holiday (it’s freezing and downright miserable here at the moment), although I would have to bring Master Midnight along with me if that’s okay with you … he’s exceptionally well behaved and would be more than happy to just snuggle up with Teddy Bear and Gem in your living room or on the terrace with his books.

Back to reality for a moment … how I wish we really could call one another somehow … wouldn’t that be actually be THE ABSOLUTE DREAM?

As for obeying my Doctor’s orders … well, let me just say I haven’t exactly had any choice in the matter because Master Midnight has turned into the bossiest nurse I have ever known, even though I’m feeling a million times better than I was when I was first discharged from hospital.

I’ll still be on leave from work for at least another month, but I promise you I’m doing okay.

Sending big hugs right back atcha Oops, you beautiful human! 🤗
Glad you are being a good patient and hope your recovery continues apace! Lots of love ❤

• Heart

Had to rush off there but just to add very happy you are making good progress, @Miss Midnight! Lots of love to Master Midnight too - the hero of the hour ❤❤

• Heart

Sending lots of love, prayers, and positive energy to your beautiful Anna, @Milking Keynes. ♥ 🙏🏼 💫

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.