Vignettes and Pets #6 Three Degrees of Separation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Give him a cobweb broom and tell him to do his worst with it!
Give him a bag for the other and then walk out of the door and tell him you’ll be back when you’ve attended the good housekeeping lecture at the local frocking pub!
Frocking Cheek!
---
Jude agrees btw!
Well said, Oopsie- I even emptied his case and laundered contents 💪💪💪

Off to bedy bye now as marriage exhausts me -;😴😴 Talk tomorrow 🥰🥰🥰

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Would he empty your case and wash your laundry? Until that happy day I would not be doing that again!

( you see this is why I’m single…I don’t do enough ( or indeed ANYTHING) for them)

• Heart
Would he empty your case and wash your laundry? Until that happy day I would not be doing that again!

( you see this is why I’m single…I don’t do enough ( or indeed ANYTHING) for them)
I don’t know about that... Horatio says you spoil him something rotten.... 😍🥰

• Haha
She is SO back. She arrived to the welcome committee at 6.45 am this morning! The ground floor is now clean again. We climb the Eiger in the morning when I will photograph my Tibi jumper for you! 🦦🍀🌝

• Heart
Well here I am in my climbing gear girls! I have my clampons (cross between a clamp and a tampon) my safety ropes and my head for heights.

Shortly we will be assaulting the North Face of my house.

I only ever wanted an easy life you know…Oh well…upward and upward as they say.

Emily! We‘re in NO rush…

• Haha
Puff…puff…puff…wheeze…puff…

I’m in the dressing room at the start of our massive sort out and declutter…

Heres the view from my recovery position before we start

IMG_0719.jpeg

IMG_0720.jpeg

…and here’s my old Tibi jumper which had fallen off its hanger so it’s now needing an iron - Tch…

• Heart
Puff…puff…puff…wheeze…puff…

I’m in the dressing room at the start of our massive sort out and declutter…

Heres the view from my recovery position before we start

View attachment 2987936
View attachment 2987940

…and here’s my old Tibi jumper which had fallen off its hanger so it’s now needing an iron - Tch…
BEFORE you start....did I read that correctly? Did I.... couldn’t have - that’s the result of a day’s work of hard graft.....gorgeous collection... swooning here....

Love the sweater - that is a lifetime purchase.... ❤❤

• Haha
Reactions: 1
No - getting up the stairs (for me) is the hard graft…and when I go to the top floor ( which we did) I need breathing apparatus! 🫣
---
We sorted loads out today and it’s such a good feeling. 2 parts of the wardrobes are all nice and hanging in color co-ordinated rows. We sorted loads of stuff out for the empty boxes in the attic which we euphemistically call the rag bags. We do a big sort out just before summer every year. I really enjoy the process and we have a really good laugh when we do it so it’s a lovely process ( for me

Last edited:
  • Heart
No - getting up the stairs (for me) is the hard graft…and when I go to the top floor ( which we did) I need breathing apparatus! 🫣
---
We sorted loads out today and it’s such a good feeling. 2 parts of the wardrobes are all nice and hanging in color co-ordinated rows. We sorted loads of stuff out for the empty boxes in the attic which we euphemistically call the rag bags. We do a big sort out just before summer every year. I really enjoy the process and we have a really good laugh when we do it so it’s a lovely process ( for me
Yes! I’m the same - I loathe to throw anything out so it’s a bittersweet process. I know that it’s a great item but the length is off so it has to be ‘binned’ aka donated. Sometimes, it’s a gorgeous item but I just know that it’s flawed and won’t be worn.

I’m always trying to teach myself because I hate giving up anything that I truly believed in when I purchased it. It breaks my heart but it has to earn the space in the wardrobe which is premium, let’s face it. No duds here! Earn your keep!

Order and colour coding is paramount but, due to crowding, I decided on a different approach. I bought a hardback sketch pad and fineliner pens and I’m going to sketch the outfits under different categories so that I can plan by occasion/colour/material, etc. and do options for when I’m overwhelmed. I used to take notes but the sketches are definitely more time efficient. So far, I’m really enjoying it and Amy’s classes have helped me enormously.

• Heart
So we completed phase 2 of my dressing room today and now only have a little tiny bit left to do tomorrow and then Emily is Spring / Summer cleaning it all . I have now thrown quite a bit out and the rest is being rag-bagged tomorrow.

My son and a pal of his have come to help with the weeds and external painting respectively. They are back tomorrow when FINALLY my window boxes are being planted. I could not get the plants I wanted so have taken what my son could get from our growers. I was in garden trying to help and missed 3 deliveries because the delivery men did not come to the electric gates where they would have seen us! Sooo infuriating! One of the deliveries were for Teddy and I am sooo disappointed . No hint of when they will try again. I hope they all try again tomorrow when there will be a note on the front door politely asking them to look in the garden before taking my parcels back!

Two of the parcels were new pyjamas and candles and I was really looking forward to getting them. Tch - flopping delivery people!

• Angry
So we completed phase 2 of my dressing room today and now only have a little tiny bit left to do tomorrow and then Emily is Spring / Summer cleaning it all . I have now thrown quite a bit out and the rest is being rag-bagged tomorrow.

My son and a pal of his have come to help with the weeds and external painting respectively. They are back tomorrow when FINALLY my window boxes are being planted. I could not get the plants I wanted so have taken what my son could get from our growers. I was in garden trying to help and missed 3 deliveries because the delivery men did not come to the electric gates where they would have seen us! Sooo infuriating! One of the deliveries were for Teddy and I am sooo disappointed . No hint of when they will try again. I hope they all try again tomorrow when there will be a note on the front door politely asking them to look in the garden before taking my parcels back!

Two of the parcels were new pyjamas and candles and I was really looking forward to getting them. Tch - flopping delivery people!
Oh that is SO annoying - I would be livid. Three deliveries in one day ..what are the chances? And all without drop-off when you were right there.... aaarrrrgh!

Well done on completion of wardrobe task - I’m still sketching away....putting ideas on paper and colouring in!

Have a lovely time with your son and his pal. I did the weeding over a couple of days because to do it all in one day would have been bad for my back so caution is key. Looks great now except for some big buggers by the gate - Mr MK will have to tackle with a shovel.

• Heart

A housekeeper is #goals!
Oh to have someone to help me declutter.
So frustrating to miss deliveries. My deliveries seem to be lobbed near the front door where they have their photo taken!
I was still planting bedding at the weekend. Two unexpected weeks "away" scuppered my plans and everything just sat in the greenhouse until I got out.
Did I mention that I've recruited two local lads to do some digging for me? They put a flyer through the door a while ago as they are looking to earn some holiday cash. I am sure they will do a good job, with direction, and I can get my borders planted soon. I did have some help this morning from a friend. We have constructed a brick edged gravel area for my wooden bench... well, I was all weak and feeble, so I supervised!

• Heart
Will be thinking of you as ever tomorrow dearest Captain! 💕

I don’t think I could function very well without Emily. I mean I’d function but I wouldn’t like it very much. She’s been with me for years and not one cross word. She’s an enormous help and I value her a great deal.

You did mention the two lads who doormailed you. I know how important it will be to you to get your new garden going as soon as possible. What are you planting? Are you happy with your new greenhouse? I remember you had two at your other house. I haven’t got one, but after this year’s debacle with the window boxes and having to let the cranesbill and celandines rumble through my garden, I’m thinking about visiting Alitex. I am still not convinced I will stay here though which is what’s held me back. Also, I think I would be a bit jittery about keeping it heated. My mother
( who was an amazing plantswoman) always kept a parrafin heater on low in hers. Bless!

• Heart
A housekeeper is #goals!
Oh to have someone to help me declutter.
So frustrating to miss deliveries. My deliveries seem to be lobbed near the front door where they have their photo taken!
I was still planting bedding at the weekend. Two unexpected weeks "away" scuppered my plans and everything just sat in the greenhouse until I got out.
Did I mention that I've recruited two local lads to do some digging for me? They put a flyer through the door a while ago as they are looking to earn some holiday cash. I am sure they will do a good job, with direction, and I can get my borders planted soon. I did have some help this morning from a friend. We have constructed a brick edged gravel area for my wooden bench... well, I was all weak and feeble, so I supervised!
Honestly so in awe of you both - if you knew how appalling I am at everything to do with gardening, you would never bother with me again. My poor dad tried to teach me but - as per - wouldn’t listen. I wish I had. I wish a lot, mind you.

Well, girls - and @Miscanthus will laugh because she is the artist - I am loving my sketch book antics! - if it brings you joy, what of it? I’m doing my little categories - a total eejit but what of it? Let’s do what we do and have fun. Love you guys ❤☘🥰💪☘👒😉☘

• Heart
Erm - dearest Havisham - you have a back problem - WHY don’t you delegate ALL gardening to Himself? He can put his cobweb brush to good use…🥊😀
---
Honestly so in awe of you both - if you knew how appalling I am at everything to do with gardening, you would never bother with me again. My poor dad tried to teach me but - as per - wouldn’t listen. I wish I had. I wish a lot, mind you.

Well, girls - and @Miscanthus will laugh because she is the artist - I am loving my sketch book antics! - if it brings you joy, what of it? I’m doing my little categories - a total eejit but what of it? Let’s do what we do and have fun. Love you guys ❤☘🥰💪☘👒😉☘
I absolutely love the idea of you getting your colouring pens out to draw your outfits Dear Havisham! Flopping genius idea. You can catalogue everything this way. Brilliant!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
E9AE2730-FC70-4309-AC50-DFB7CE92F006.jpeg
Erm - dearest Havisham - you have a back problem - WHY don’t you delegate ALL gardening to Himself? He can put his cobweb brush to good use…🥊😀
---

I absolutely love the idea of you getting your colouring pens out to draw your outfits Dear Havisham! Flopping genius idea. You can catalogue everything this way. Brilliant!
You are so kind - I’m loving my little silliness - a joy!
---
Silly as heck - but who cares, girls? 🥰😂❤

• Heart
Wow! Wow! Goodness me! Wow! I flopping love your sketches! They actually do look like you! Utterly stunning! 💕💕💕Such fun too!
---
No way are these silly as heck btw!

• Haha
Wow! Wow! Goodness me! Wow! I flopping love your sketches! They actually do look like you! Utterly stunning! 💕💕💕Such fun too!
---
No way are these silly as heck btw!
Well, I won’t be selling them with the success of our Missy Canthus, @Oops but they serve a purpose and I highly recommend doing this - I’m sketching outfit ideas I didn’t even know I had - it’s amazing what you can come up with! Also, it’s a bit of fun as you say!

How are the Men at Work today? Is the painting being accomplished? The weeding? What about the deliveries?? News, Madam!