Vignettes and Pets #6 Three Degrees of Separation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I too fuuuuuuuuuuumed when I read that! I Was traumatised for several hours and of course now I have post traumatic stress syndrome as a result of it. So I too will pay for a cobwebbing mop which makes 2 he will now own so there will be no excuses for cobwebs when he comes home! Grrrrrrr!😇🙃

Have been thinking of you today Captain and really hope everything went well 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞. 💕💜
---
The Water Board and their flashing lights and deafeningly noisy equipment had me up until 5 am when I fell asleep out of flopping spite!
On the one hand I'm heartened that the water board work into the night but I'm also saddened that you are deprived of sleep. How long will it take?
Thanks for thinking of me xx. It was nearly cancelled to give me a break but I said I wanted to press on. They are giving me a break next week and no arguing!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
A Tortoise, A Rag Bag, A Fly Paper and Six Pairs of Trews.

CHAPTER 1.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. In the year of our Lord 2024, when bonnets abounded and the summer solstice drew nigh, Tarquin the Tortoise could not be blamed for perambulating the entire perimeters of his sumptuous house in the Cotswolds. He had galloped beneath the grand piano in the music room and climbed the frigid mountains of a large sheepskin rug between the boot room and the scullery. He was relentless in his search for lettuce and companionship. Lettuce was his preference if he‘d had to choose between the two.

Day after day, over the dangerous terrain of the yellow sofa in the drawing room (where any fat bottom could sit on you and squash you; gentle reader) and under the frozen wastes of the refrigerator that someone had accidentally closed him into when he had found an entire drawer full of his beloved lettuce, did our intrepid hero trundle. He was on a mission. Oh yes!

The fly paper hung in the window. It hadn’t moved for days since the famous 2024 heat wave had started on the night of the summer solstice. Even the flies were too hot to fly around and hid coquettishly on the window sill below gazing up at the fly paper with humourless derision. I flopping hate being me, sighed the fly paper. I wish I could remember what I did wrong in my previous life as Attilla the Hun to merit this life of tortuous mediocrity.

The rag bag in the attic was stirring. He had packed his suitcase and was ready for the getaway. He was taking six pairs of trews and a grandma cardigan with him. He had had enough of living as a second class citizen up in the gods of the house when others, nay, his contemporaries hung in colour co-ordinated splendour in sumptuous wardrobes in extremely glamorous dressing rooms. This isn’t what he’d signed up for and he was going to a place where he’d be more respected and at least allowed to live on the ground floor. I mean - didn’t they know who he was?

The trousers ( all brothers and newly arrived at the rag bag) were beyond excited at this great escapade ahead of them. They had never known such thrilling tension since they were all tried on in the same shop by Mrs the Hun - wife of Attila in the year of our Lord 431. They were totally up for an escapade having never experienced one before.

…cont…

• Heart
On the one hand I'm heartened that the water board work into the night but I'm also saddened that you are deprived of sleep. How long will it take?
Thanks for thinking of me xx. It was nearly cancelled to give me a break but I said I wanted to press on. They are giving me a break next week and no arguing!
Well done for pressing ahead - you’re a hero. Hope you are ok today and glad you are getting a break from next week’s treatment. Sending much love ❤

A Tortoise, A Rag Bag, A Fly Paper and Six Pairs of Trews.

CHAPTER 1.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. In the year of our Lord 2024, when bonnets abounded and the summer solstice drew nigh, Tarquin the Tortoise could not be blamed for perambulating the entire perimeters of his sumptuous house in the Cotswolds. He had galloped beneath the grand piano in the music room and climbed the frigid mountains of a large sheepskin rug between the boot room and the scullery. He was relentless in his search for lettuce and companionship. Lettuce was his preference if he‘d had to choose between the two.

Day after day, over the dangerous terrain of the yellow sofa in the drawing room (where any fat bottom could sit on you and squash you; gentle reader) and under the frozen wastes of the refrigerator that someone had accidentally closed him into when he had found an entire drawer full of his beloved lettuce, did our intrepid hero trundle. He was on a mission. Oh yes!

The fly paper hung in the window. It hadn’t moved for days since the famous 2024 heat wave had started on the night of the summer solstice. Even the flies were too hot to fly around and hid coquettishly on the window sill below gazing up at the fly paper with humourless derision. I flopping hate being me, sighed the fly paper. I wish I could remember what I did wrong in my previous life as Attilla the Hun to merit this life of tortuous mediocrity.

The rag bag in the attic was stirring. He had packed his suitcase and was ready for the getaway. He was taking six pairs of trews and a grandma cardigan with him. He had had enough of living as a second class citizen up in the gods of the house when others, nay, his contemporaries hung in colour co-ordinated splendour in sumptuous wardrobes in extremely glamorous dressing rooms. This isn’t what he’d signed up for and he was going to a place where he’d be more respected and at least allowed to live on the ground floor. I mean - didn’t they know who he was?

The trousers ( all brothers and newly arrived at the rag bag) were beyond excited at this great escapade ahead of them. They had never known such thrilling tension since they were all tried on in the same shop by Mrs the Hun - wife of Attila in the year of our Lord 431. They were totally up for an escapade having never experienced one before.

…cont…
YES!! Our writing goddess has returned! It’s been toooo long since your escapades! Tarquin, the rag bag, the fly paper and the trews! A bestseller... 👒❤☘🥰

• Heart
Well done for pressing ahead - you’re a hero. Hope you are ok today and glad you are getting a break from next week’s treatment. Sending much love ❤

YES!! Our writing goddess has returned! It’s been toooo long since your escapades! Tarquin, the rag bag, the fly paper and the trews! A bestseller... 👒❤☘🥰
Thank you!
I feel ok but I think it's the steroids and they are wearing off, however, I'm going out tonight... One of the nicer Toxics has a birthday so there will be seven of us. We are having a meal in a nice pub. My taste isn't great so chosing a meal will be interesting.

• Heart
Thank you!
I feel ok but I think it's the steroids and they are wearing off, however, I'm going out tonight... One of the nicer Toxics has a birthday so there will be seven of us. We are having a meal in a nice pub. My taste isn't great so chosing a meal will be interesting.
Oh, how lovely... just a change of scene, isn’t it? Hopefully, a lovely ambiance to enjoy. I was out last night with five girls (school reunion to blame, yet again). We went to a Tapas restaurant. I HATE tapas with a group - I love tapas with one other MAX.

By the shocking bill end of the evening, I paid just under €100 and had, in fact, eaten the following: one stuffed bell pepper the size of a chili, one slice garlic (leftover from the prawn pil-pil), one half, and very cold, croquette potato. Yes. All true. Maybe I talk too much but my take on it was - one woman hoovered the food plus she ordered expensive Malbec. She also ordered for everyone.... 🤨

Eta - When I turned up, she said ‘where are you going? What are you all dressed up for?’ I said ‘It’s just me - it’s what I do’ but I wasn’t wearing a ball gown - cream satiny top and flowy trews (maybe @Oops can put me in her story) and a sleeveless white blazer and flat sandals..... nowt ground breaking. Have to say, I was momentarily thrown. 😪

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Oh, how lovely... just a change of scene, isn’t it? Hopefully, a lovely ambiance to enjoy. I was out last night with five girls (school reunion to blame, yet again). We went to a Tapas restaurant. I HATE tapas with a group - I love tapas with one other MAX.

By the shocking bill end of the evening, I paid just under €100 and had, in fact, eaten the following: one stuffed bell pepper the size of a chili, one slice garlic (leftover from the prawn pil-pil), one half, and very cold, croquette potato. Yes. All true. Maybe I talk too much but my take on it was - one woman hoovered the food plus she ordered expensive Malbec. She also ordered for everyone.... 🤨
Omg! I am with you on sharing plates. I can think of a couple of meals out like that but a. There were 3 and 4 us b. We were polite and very fair about how we ate the dishes and c. We all had a say in what was ordered.
I'm afraid I would have had to say something about the amount I had eaten! Particularly to greedy guts.

Did you eat again when you got home? 🤨

• Heart
Omg! I am with you on sharing plates. I can think of a couple of meals out like that but a. There were 3 and 4 us b. We were polite and very fair about how we ate the dishes and c. We all had a say in what was ordered.
I'm afraid I would have had to say something about the amount I had eaten! Particularly to greedy guts.

Did you eat again when you got home? 🤨
Well, it was pretty grim.

My poor bestie - who is going through hell at home - aka legit War of the Roses.... living with ex until house sold. He’s doing nothing - just ‘travelling light’ and leaving her to clear out a six bed, two attic house that reared three girls, by early July as that’s when the buyers moving in.

Long story short - she really wanted to talk to me privately but at this point she is sooo thin and stressed - I really needed her to have a decent meal if she was on the Malbec - so by the time we got to talk, she was out of it from the wine she didn’t even order! She was making no sense - I got her home by ordering an Uber - making a deal with a lovely gent from Romania - got her the whole way to Enniskerry safely and return trip for me - all for €50.... I wish I had taken his deets - a hero! Normally, it would be three times the price.

I came home and my daughter was still up - it was 1am at this point - and a cup of tea. Went to bed then - thankfully, cobweb master out of the house by 8am for golf so got lots laundry done, texts with my poor buddy, went to Specsavers to get hubbys eyes tested and fell in bloody love with the Vivienne Westwood collection of frames. Puh-leeeeze - gorgeous! I have to have them - have to - and to think I’d be half way there if it wasn’t for that nonsensical tapas - 😡😡😡

• Sad
  • Wow
Well, it was pretty grim.

My poor bestie - who is going through hell at home - aka legit War of the Roses.... living with ex until house sold. He’s doing nothing - just ‘travelling light’ and leaving her to clear out a six bed, two attic house that reared three girls, by early July as that’s when the buyers moving in.

Long story short - she really wanted to talk to me privately but at this point she is sooo thin and stressed - I really needed her to have a decent meal if she was on the Malbec - so by the time we got to talk, she was out of it from the wine she didn’t even order! She was making no sense - I got her home by ordering an Uber - making a deal with a lovely gent from Romania - got her the whole way to Enniskerry safely and return trip for me - all for €50.... I wish I had taken his deets - a hero! Normally, it would be three times the price.

I came home and my daughter was still up - it was 1am at this point - and a cup of tea. Went to bed then - thankfully, cobweb master out of the house by 8am for golf so got lots laundry done, texts with my poor buddy, went to Specsavers to get hubbys eyes tested and fell in bloody love with the Vivienne Westwood collection of frames. Puh-leeeeze - gorgeous! I have to have them - have to - and to think I’d be half way there if it wasn’t for that nonsensical tapas - 😡😡😡
I've reread your post....
Did you take the cobweb master's eyeballs on a platter to Specsavers? 😂👀
How was his golf without them 🤔

• Haha
So strange how someone who needs specs can spot a cobweb a mile off 🙄

How was your evening with the toxics? Hope it wasn’t tapas 🤪
Nooo!
We went to a lovely pub/hotel but it was empty apart from one other table. Service was slow despite the lack of customers
and some of the food not great...including the birthday girl's expensive steak. She's South African and knows her steak! She has eaten and even stayed at this place many times too.
Also she was paying for all the food.
I had confit tomatoes followed by crab linguini. The shortbread cheese biscuit with the tomatoes was burnt. All I could taste of the crab dish were the chilli peppers running through it...but that's my taste buds not the cooking.
One of the Toxics didn't get her meal for a while as they made two crab not three.
Turns out the manager is South African too and he knocked quite a lot off the bill...as he should!

• Wow
Reactions: 1
You see there is our gorgeous Havisham going out sleeveless AGAIN! Everytime she mentions the word sleeveless I have to look it up in the dictionary since it has not been in my lexicon or repertoire since 1812 - when there was an overture written about a pair of arms which shall remain unidentified. I have NOTHING sleeveless in my entire wardrobe. No doubt if our dear Havisham goes to America she will be Sleeveless in Seattle.

I saw something recently about women who go out to eat in a group. It showed how one goes to speak, one goes to listen, one goes to eat and one goes to drink etc…In our dear Havisham’s case one also went to be hideously rude, and unnecessarily bossy. Clearly a very jealous person one should lie down and avoid in the future! I say this with no guilt or guile. She’s a card carrying twot and as such should be avoided in future. How dare she practice her put-downs on our best girl? Grr! 😠 When I come to Dublin do please invite her😜.

I feel sorry for your friend with the rat-attitude husband! I hope things improve for her - it sounds like she’s run ragged!

How was the supper with Les Toxics dear Captain. What did you eat? Could you taste it? Did they say all the wrong things or were they more sensitive this time?

I think there is a version of the cobweb mop that comes with built in binoculars for the short of seeing. I will make enquiries and once purchased will have it sent over in my barouche carriage. Naturally there will be a few bonnets secreted amidst the silken folds of the back seat for you dearest Havisham. What a good point though - how the flopping flop can he even see the cobwebs with his bad eyesight?🧐
---
Clearly Captain posted when I was writing my post and I know what she now ate. S’funny you were only recently speaking about seafood linguine! We are just so psychic so we are! So nice of you friend to pay for everyone’s food. Pity it wasn’t quite up to par. So glad you have been out. I hope you enjoyed yourself enormously all in all. Xx

• Haha
You see there is our gorgeous Havisham going out sleeveless AGAIN! Everytime she mentions the word sleeveless I have to look it up in the dictionary since it has not been in my lexicon or repertoire since 1812 - when there was an overture written about a pair of arms which shall remain unidentified. I have NOTHING sleeveless in my entire wardrobe. No doubt if our dear Havisham goes to America she will be Sleeveless in Seattle.

I saw something recently about women who go out to eat in a group. It showed how one goes to speak, one goes to listen, one goes to eat and one goes to drink etc…In our dear Havisham’s case one also went to be hideously rude, and unnecessarily bossy. Clearly a very jealous person one should lie down and avoid in the future! I say this with no guilt or guile. She’s a card carrying twot and as such should be avoided in future. How dare she practice her put-downs on our best girl? Grr! 😠 When I come to Dublin do please invite her😜.

I feel sorry for your friend with the rat-attitude husband! I hope things improve for her - it sounds like she’s run ragged!

How was the supper with Les Toxics dear Captain. What did you eat? Could you taste it? Did they say all the wrong things or were they more sensitive this time?

I think there is a version of the cobweb mop that comes with built in binoculars for the short of seeing. I will make enquiries and once purchased will have it sent over in my barouche carriage. Naturally there will be a few bonnets secreted amidst the silken folds of the back seat for you dearest Havisham. What a good point though - how the flopping flop can he even see the cobwebs with his bad eyesight?🧐
---
Clearly Captain posted when I was writing my post and I know what she now ate. S’funny you were only recently speaking about seafood linguine! We are just so psychic so we are! So nice of you friend to pay for everyone’s food. Pity it wasn’t quite up to par. So glad you have been out. I hope you enjoyed yourself enormously all in all. Xx
Love your post - am chortling away here! Sleeveless in Seattle 😂😂😂😂😂 To be fair, the sleeveless jacket is way more forgiving as it has structure which makes the arms look somewhat slimmer.... we hope....

I completely agree with your analysis of who goes for what re dining with a group. Great observation!

I must say if one of the group goes into an unnecessarily long and detailed story about the daughter’s ex boyfriend, my eyes start to droop - never met the girl; no context. Now, if they are talking about their own exes it would be a whole other story! It’s quite funny how some of the quieter ones can take the longest to tell the (non) story when there is so much other goss to catch up on and you have to politely sit there waiting for the end that never comes. I know I sound obnoxious but if you were there - you would agree, I promise you.

The other extreme is the one who is ordering for everyone, including the wine - exceptionally rude. Unless you’re paying the bill a la @Miscanthus most generous friend, do not even make a recommendation let alone the full order.

Great that you ate the food, which sounded lovely apart from the burnt biscuits, at all after what you’ve been through. I think chilies added to various dishes might be the answer. I know, post-Covid, a lot of people lost the sense of smell and taste and recommended chillies to ignite the appetite.

Sounds like a nice night out all the same. I’m away tomorrow for three nights to Castlemartyr in Cork. It’s a five star resort so the food should be exceptional. I’ll post pics! Xxxxxx

• Heart
So girls - I went to Tesco to buy a broccoli and cotton wool balls and a bottle of red and picked up this gorgeous dress - khaki, black, ivory - linen mix, full sleeves, nice and midaxi - this is the bring you anywhere dress! I paired it with flat black sandals and black raffia summer belt et voilá... as they say at the bunga! It cost €32 but with Clubcard €27 - my lovely cashier went right down the line to find someone with a clubcard so I could get my discount- what a gent!

678A3564-0A4C-41AA-85D8-D39E619CBD51.jpeg

---
Then went to Superdrug - got Boss Femme (normally €90+) for €39 and this little wonder - just in - is exactly the same as CT Flawless Filter - I swear I just put it on over my make up and glowy, summery, plump skin.... brilliant! I think it was €10 or so? I’m fair and the Med Light plenty dark for me.

77789982-6379-463A-B33A-E1133977209E.jpeg

• Heart
So girls - I went to Tesco to buy a broccoli and cotton wool balls and a bottle of red and picked up this gorgeous dress - khaki, black, ivory - linen mix, full sleeves, nice and midaxi - this is the bring you anywhere dress! I paired it with flat black sandals and black raffia summer belt et voilá... as they say at the bunga! It cost €32 but with Clubcard €27 - my lovely cashier went right down the line to find someone with a clubcard so I could get my discount- what a gent!

View attachment 3010577
---
Then went to Superdrug - got Boss Femme (normally €90+) for €39 and this little wonder - just in - is exactly the same as CT Flawless Filter - I swear I just put it on over my make up and glowy, summery, plump skin.... brilliant! I think it was €10 or so? I’m fair and the Med Light plenty dark for me.

View attachment 3010586
I love your new frock! WHAT a bargain! Also I have never seen face glow but immediately know I absolutely need/want/absolutely must have it. Where can I get it? Genius. I have a face spray thingy by Aurelia but yours looks much better. Again amazing bargain.

I have my daughter staying at the moment. She’s really helping me sort through a whole load of procrastinations that I really should have sorted myself but just kept putting them off. We had supper in the garden last night and I lit about 15 or so candles and used my new Mrs Alice table stuff. It was lovely and Teddy really enjoyed himself with darling Paddy. We stayed up until 5 am just catching up. Precious moments. I was talking about my dad this morning and shed a few tears and she starts to cry if I cry. I told her I had been talking ‘to’ him out loud a lot lately and she asked if I found it comforting and I told her that mostly I was ranting at him! My daughter is thinking she’d like to have one of those tests that tell you what your DNA comprises of and where you originally came from. I thought I might give that a go too. Anyway, will wait and see how she gets on as I imagine mine will be similar.

I made a salad last night that was so good I am making it again tonight. So it’ll be quiche, potato salad served with chopped home-grown herbs and my amazing walnut salad. Yum!

I believe we may have found some chocolate for pudding but that might only be a vicious rumour. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Sounds like the dream, @Oops - sitting outside surrounded by newly painted creamy elderflower.... gorgeous plants, lovely chats.... TB happy out.. your lovely daughter ...

Can I say I’ve been thinking so much about my dad of late too? Is it something about this time of year - I dream about him as well.

Have a lovely time, you lovely people, and we 🙏🤞🏼for the hopeful arrival of the chocolate pudding. XXXXxxxxxx
---
Eta - @Oops the Revolution product is soo nice - apparently just out but I got it from Superdrug? I’m fair but I would still recommend Med/Fair for you - you might get it online - I think it’s a pretty neutral shade unless you want the Elsie By Terry orange shade - I would say we would be similar.

Last edited:
  • Heart

---
Interesting about the eating in a group. Three of us arrived together before the others and discussed seating that would shield me from the "bossy 20 questions" Toxic and place the birthday girl centrally. The next to arrive bought into this (she cancelled her trip to France because of Bossy!) and Bossy ended up wedged in the corner, trying to shout questions at me diagonally across the table! Ha ha! Everybody was kind but curious I would say. They said they were all rooting for me and thought about me a lot.
Bossy managed to hug me while looking very hard at my hair line...I see you!
The funniest part was the inevitable group photo where they all tried to hide behind each other to make themselves look slimmer and I ended up pushed to the front looking like a whale! Ugh.
---

View attachment 3010577
---

View attachment 3010586
I need to go shopping with you! What bargains! I love the dress. Very chic colour combo.
---
I love your new frock! WHAT a bargain! Also I have never seen face glow but immediately know I absolutely need/want/absolutely must have it. Where can I get it? Genius. I have a face spray thingy by Aurelia but yours looks much better. Again amazing bargain.

I have my daughter staying at the moment. She’s really helping me sort through a whole load of procrastinations that I really should have sorted myself but just kept putting them off. We had supper in the garden last night and I lit about 15 or so candles and used my new Mrs Alice table stuff. It was lovely and Teddy really enjoyed himself with darling Paddy. We stayed up until 5 am just catching up. Precious moments. I was talking about my dad this morning and shed a few tears and she starts to cry if I cry. I told her I had been talking ‘to’ him out loud a lot lately and she asked if I found it comforting and I told her that mostly I was ranting at him! My daughter is thinking she’d like to have one of those tests that tell you what your DNA comprises of and where you originally came from. I thought I might give that a go too. Anyway, will wait and see how she gets on as I imagine mine will be similar.

I made a salad last night that was so good I am making it again tonight. So it’ll be quiche, potato salad served with chopped home-grown herbs and my amazing walnut salad. Yum!

I believe we may have found some chocolate for pudding but that might only be a vicious rumour. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Your evening sounds wonderful. As you say, precious moments, in a gorgeous setting.

I need the salad recipe!

I had just got back from the shop late afternoon and had a message from my lovely Winchester friend Julie asking if I'd like a visit so of course I said yes. We sat in the garden with a drink and she left at 7.45pm. Very grateful for friends like her....especially as she brought gorgeous hand made stem ginger cookies and a big cinnamon bun!

Today I'm going to CC's for lunch. Praying I can taste the food. My taste buds are so bad and my mouth is very dry which doesn't help.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Hand-made Stem Ginger Cookies and A Big Cinnamon Bun…

CHAPTER 1.

Julie had put on her stout walking boots and had trudged! She trudged from cloistered Winchester, barely noticing the journey as her heart - like her step was light. She drew her red cloak around her shoulders as she happily swung the basket that the woodman had plaited together for her. She had been baking all morning and was eager to get to The Gardener’s House to present her dearestly dear friend with the treats contained within the blue-checked tablecloth wrapped within. Her way was perfumed by the fragranced aroma of the fresh ginger biscuits, still warm from her morning’s work. Her peeeeeeerse de resis-tonce though, was the big cinnamon bun! It was all she could do, gentle reader, not to sit by the side of the road and eat it all herself. She did not - for her dear friend awaited her arrival and the tender gifts she brought. She was so looking forward to sitting in the burgeoning garden - probably until almost eight o’clock sipping negus and chatting breeze. Oh, the wanton delight of a happy evening spent in such delightful company.

cont…

Author’s note. One must never underestimate the power or potency of a BIG CINNAMON BUN! I mean - the very thought if it…

• Haha

CHAPTER 1.

Julie had put on her stout walking boots and had trudged! She trudged from cloistered Winchester, barely noticing the journey as her heart - like her step was light. She drew her red cloak around her shoulders as she happily swung the basket that the woodman had plaited together for her. She had been baking all morning and was eager to get to The Gardener’s House to present her dearestly dear friend with the treats contained within the blue-checked tablecloth wrapped within. Her way was perfumed by the fragranced aroma of the fresh ginger biscuits, still warm from her morning’s work. Her peeeeeeerse de resis-tonce though, was the big cinnamon bun! It was all she could do, gentle reader, not to sit by the side of the road and eat it all herself. She did not - for her dear friend awaited her arrival and the tender gifts she brought. She was so looking forward to sitting in the burgeoning garden - probably until almost eight o’clock sipping negus and chatting breeze. Oh, the wanton delight of a happy evening spent in such delightful company.

cont…

Author’s note. One must never underestimate the power or potency of a BIG CINNAMON BUN! I mean - the very thought if it…
Brilliant! Simply brilliant! Hand @Oops... a nugget of a plot line and she's away! 😍

• Haha
The Walnut Salad Recipe

CHAPTER 1.

The organic walnuts had been captured and shelled. They had been collected whilst the morning dew was still burnishing their palest golden outward shells in downtown Juglandia. Eager hands had broken the nuts into pieces and strewn them in the large pottery salad bowl.

A bag of herby salad leaves had been cut open with kitchen scissors and shaken over the top of the walnuts. This particular salad bag had been purloined from Mr Tesco Finest-Cohen who was about to be knighted for his services to shop counters ( allegedly). On top of these leaves were thrown a handful of organic pumpkin seeds.

3 pinches of ground organic flaxseeds were added with a flourish of a badly home-manicured hand.

A generous sprinkling of organic pomegranates came next followed by 3 pinches of organic chia seeds and one of black Nigella seeds which apparently have a reputation of curing every illness but death.

3 spring onions were chopped finely and added along with 3 organic chopped tomatoes and a cubed third of a cucumber embraced with fresh organic Sicilian lemon juice.

A tablespoon of organic hemp seeds joined the bowl followed by a liberal sprinkling of organic virgin olive oil.

A liberal balsamic glaze was criss-crossed across all of the above and the salad was then tossed with long handled salad tossers. ( the chef has known 3 or 4 of these in her life but says very little about them).

et voila…walnut salad from hell!

• Haha
  • Heart
The Walnut Salad Recipe

CHAPTER 1.

The organic walnuts had been captured and shelled. They had been collected whilst the morning dew was still burnishing their palest golden outward shells in downtown Juglandia. Eager hands had broken the nuts into pieces and strewn them in the large pottery salad bowl.

A bag of herby salad leaves had been cut open with kitchen scissors and shaken over the top of the walnuts. This particular salad bag had been purloined from Mr Tesco Finest-Cohen who was about to be knighted for his services to shop counters ( allegedly). On top of these leaves were thrown a handful of organic pumpkin seeds.

3 pinches of ground organic flaxseeds were added with a flourish of a badly home-manicured hand.

A generous sprinkling of organic pomegranates came next followed by 3 pinches of organic chia seeds and one of black Nigella seeds which apparently have a reputation of curing every illness but death.

3 spring onions were chopped finely and added along with 3 organic chopped tomatoes and a cubed third of a cucumber embraced with fresh organic Sicilian lemon juice.

A tablespoon of organic hemp seeds joined the bowl followed by a liberal sprinkling of organic virgin olive oil.

A liberal balsamic glaze was criss-crossed across all of the above and the salad was then tossed with long handled salad tossers. ( the chef has known 3 or 4 of these in her life but says very little about them).

Interesting about the eating in a group. Three of us arrived together before the others and discussed seating that would shield me from the "bossy 20 questions" Toxic and place the birthday girl centrally. The next to arrive bought into this (she cancelled her trip to France because of Bossy!) and Bossy ended up wedged in the corner, trying to shout questions at me diagonally across the table! Ha ha! Everybody was kind but curious I would say. They said they were all rooting for me and thought about me a lot.
Bossy managed to hug me while looking very hard at my hair line...I see you!
The funniest part was the inevitable group photo where they all tried to hide behind each other to make themselves look slimmer and I ended up pushed to the front looking like a whale! Ugh.
---

I need to go shopping with you! What bargains! I love the dress. Very chic colour combo.
---

Your evening sounds wonderful. As you say, precious moments, in a gorgeous setting.

I need the salad recipe!

I had just got back from the shop late afternoon and had a message from my lovely Winchester friend Julie asking if I'd like a visit so of course I said yes. We sat in the garden with a drink and she left at 7.45pm. Very grateful for friends like her....especially as she brought gorgeous hand made stem ginger cookies and a big cinnamon bun!

Today I'm going to CC's for lunch. Praying I can taste the food. My taste buds are so bad and my mouth is very dry which doesn't help.
Bossy is a nightmare! Well done with the seating plan though - 👏👏 I was seated beside my Bossy on Tapas night - the bad luck... no wonder I didn’t get a bite all night. Hilarious about the photo - I’ve noticed the same... Hiding behind each other to look slimmer. One thing I have learned is never get photographed sitting down unless there is a table in front of you - everything falls like a sack of spuds and you look ginormous - this happened to me in Paris. It was a group photo and my head looked like a pin compared to my body.

Bossy looking at your hairline 😡😡 These people can’t help themselves, can they? Oh, I want to give her a slap.

Love that your buddy arrived with a big cinnamon bun - now we know what alights your taste buds - it’s the cinnamon. I flopping love cinnamon - I make a lamb tagine with a hefty spoon of cinnamon in the slow oven. I’ll photo the recipe if you’d like.

Good luck today at CC’s house. Hope the food is tasty. Sorry you’re mouth is so dry. Bummer. It’s horribly uncomfortable when you’re talking and having to be sociable.

CHAPTER 1.

cont…

Brilliant! 👏🥰👒❤ Why do I need a cinnamon bun pronto! I’m going to sit by the side of the road until someone brings me one!
---
The Walnut Salad Recipe

CHAPTER 1.

This is why I awarded you the Bib Gourmand some years ago, Madam.
---
44D2E275-5C18-46A1-AEE5-9723DB519E89.jpeg

• Heart