Vignettes and Pets #6 Three Degrees of Separation

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was a phenomenal woman and a great advocate for women’s rights. She was a great story teller and raconteur and all her audiences loved her. She was SO talented and soooo creative. Massive loss to humankind. Truly one in a million. If you ever get the chance to watch any of her interviews do - she‘s just the best imho.
I mean, it’s the sorest subject done in such a performative and, almost entertaining way - incredible.

It’s like - I will get my message heard but there is an ideal way to do it.... make it ... enjoyable. So profoundly poignant to take the worst personal story and know the only way to get it heard is to be entertaining.... WOW! I mean - it makes it ten times more powerful, right? The white audience is so relieved by the humour whereas the black audience sees beyond that to the profundity.

How incredible, actually, in so many ways. I am a multi-faceted being with so many dimensions to my game - do not label me. So f#####ing powerful.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Yep - she’s saying it doesn’t matter how you try to hold me back or force your will on me I will rise AND I will be happy! Love that!

• Heart
Today I’m having a lazy day on the sofa! I was going to do all sorts of meaningful stuff today, but I had home-made macaroni cheese for breakfast ( left over from yesterday) and collapsed and decided to stay collapsed. A state of collapse really suits me and I plan to do it much more often, thank you very much.

What are you doing today ( or as this was before I corrected it) toady! 🐸

• Haha
Today I’m having a lazy day on the sofa! I was going to do all sorts of meaningful stuff today, but I had home-made macaroni cheese for breakfast ( left over from yesterday) and collapsed and decided to stay collapsed. A state of collapse really suits me and I plan to do it much more often, thank you very much.

I am currently collapsed on the sofa after attempting to do some things in the house and garden. Feeling very feeble today though. Might watch Emma on TV at 5.05pm.

Can't find anything I want to eat toady 🐸 but I like the "idea" of macaroni cheese. Nothing tastes right...

• Sad
  • Wow

Well, Toady, I am eternally grateful for a chill day... Got up early to make the almighty Full Irish Breakfast for the man f the house who is off to the countryside to help his brother who is a farmer - toast, eggs (over easy), rashers and black pud... then painted my roots, waited an hour and 5 mins exactly (holy grail) and - since then - a slight pretension of cleaning which entails the bare minimum but keeping the props (mop and duster) in full view for his return...and reading of book - a psycholgical unputdownable called You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen (trying desperately not to recommend books since Missy Canthus was not taken with The Caretakers!!)

Glad you both having a similarly chill day - although Mac n Cheese for brekkie, @Oops is that even wise?! Carb coma 😂 😂

@Miscanthus - rest thyself and feel no guilt, friend. You deserve it more than any of us 🥰

I briefly sjourned downstairs to put the roast on for the hungry man’s return..... roast potatoes, roast lamb, roasted parmesan courgettes and goat’s cheese salad (not roasted 🤪) - see, @Oops - when I visit, I will earn my keep (a good thing cnsdering I won’t be leaving)*

* For the wily of you - my o letter is not printing on my ancient IPad - and not that I am ignrant 🤨

• Haha
Well, Toady, I am eternally grateful for a chill day... Got up early to make the almighty Full Irish Breakfast for the man f the house who is off to the countryside to help his brother who is a farmer - toast, eggs (over easy), rashers and black pud... then painted my roots, waited an hour and 5 mins exactly (holy grail) and - since then - a slight pretension of cleaning which entails the bare minimum but keeping the props (mop and duster) in full view for his return...and reading of book - a psycholgical unputdownable called You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen (trying desperately not to recommend books since Missy Canthus was not taken with The Caretakers!!)

Glad you both having a similarly chill day - although Mac n Cheese for brekkie, @Oops is that even wise?! Carb coma 😂 😂

@Miscanthus - rest thyself and feel no guilt, friend. You deserve it more than any of us 🥰

I briefly sjourned downstairs to put the roast on for the hungry man’s return..... roast potatoes, roast lamb, roasted parmesan courgettes and goat’s cheese salad (not roasted 🤪) - see, @Oops - when I visit, I will earn my keep (a good thing cnsdering I won’t be leaving)*

* For the wily of you - my o letter is not printing on my ancient IPad - and not that I am ignrant 🤨
You spoil the cobweb hating man f the house dear MK but I love your style!
Do you think men ever turn to subterfuge to give the illusion of being busy? 🤔

This is what I'm reading for book club. It's a thriller and I'm enjoying it.
Screenshot_20240616_180549_Google.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart
I’m too carb-coma‘d to flopping read…I put broccoli in it too. Tch!
---
I should confess that I had the same mac and cheese for lunch too AND finished it off for supper…So for the past 2 days all I’ve had is Mac and Cheese. Sorry I need to fall off this sofa in another coma…

• Haha
I’m too carb-coma‘d to flopping read…I put broccoli in it too. Tch!
---
I should confess that I had the same mac and cheese for lunch too AND finished it off for supper…So for the past 2 days all I’ve had is Mac and Cheese. Sorry I need to fall off this sofa in another coma…
Ah, well done, dear Toady, the broccoli made all the difference 💪💪😴😴😴😴😴!

• Haha
Toady I am being too lazy and am unapologetic about it!

I can however feel a dog petting session coming on where I tell Teddy why I think he’s so wonderful. I am unapologetic about that too.

I cannot wait for you to come and visit and not leave dear Havisham! Should I start warning the kitchen that someone might be using it soon? What a fabulous thought!

• Heart
  • Haha
Toady I am being too lazy and am unapologetic about it!

I can however feel a dog petting session coming on where I tell Teddy why I think he’s so wonderful. I am unapologetic about that too.

I cannot wait for you to come and visit and not leave dear Havisham! Should I start warning the kitchen that someone might be using it soon? What a fabulous thought!
Toady - be warned! I won’t leave and you will be telling Missy C - get her out of here 🥵😪😡 Get that awful woman back on the ferry ☘👒

• Haha
THAT will never happen! More likely the three of us will go and find somewhere we can all hide out incognito 🥸 ! I am making some enquiries for disused air raid shelters from WW2. Imagine decorating one of them? I would so love that!
---
Mind you I’d still prefer getting us a log cabin…

• Haha
Hello s’me. Still on my sofa reclining like Cleopatra. Emily managed to haul me off it for 5 minutes today to go and sort out my trouser cupboard. I have managed to consigned 6 pairs to the rag bag and that’s me done for the day. I have had a cursory look around for cobwebs in windows and the flies caught in them but am pleased to say there was no need for anyone to explode in disgust for a change. I have ordered fly papers from eBay. I just cannot abide the wretched things.
I watched a property for sale vid today and thought I was going bonkers…something was crawling low on the floor between the kitchen and another room. Guess what it was? It was a flopping tortoise which had been given the run of the house. Soooo weird seeing a tortoise scurrying round a floor indoors…Back to my sofa. I thing I am either becoming a marsupial or nocturnal. I blame the wretched pasta at the weekend…

• Haha
Reactions: 1
S’me again…any news anyone? I am presently making coffee for 2 water board chaps who are going to spend the next six hours digging my front drive up as apparently there is a water leak! It looks like there has been a major event at my house; they have surrounded me and put all kinds of signs up! I do hope I’m not going to be drowned the next time I come here…

Someone has just arrived to redirect traffic! All seems rather dramatic I must say…

• Heart
S’me again…any news anyone? I am presently making coffee for 2 water board chaps who are going to spend the next six hours digging my front drive up as apparently there is a water leak! It looks like there has been a major event at my house; they have surrounded me and put all kinds of signs up! I do hope I’m not going to be drowned the next time I come here…

Someone has just arrived to redirect traffic! All seems rather dramatic I must say…
Dearest friends! Love ya!

Bit of an issue or two my end - nowt huge - but be back with you soon 😍😍

Eta - Girls nothing bad btw - just teen difficulties 😫🤨😫🙄🙄🥵🥵

Last edited:
  • Wow
Hello s’me. Still on my sofa reclining like Cleopatra. Emily managed to haul me off it for 5 minutes today to go and sort out my trouser cupboard. I have managed to consigned 6 pairs to the rag bag and that’s me done for the day. I have had a cursory look around for cobwebs in windows and the flies caught in them but am pleased to say there was no need for anyone to explode in disgust for a change. I have ordered fly papers from eBay. I just cannot abide the wretched things.
I watched a property for sale vid today and thought I was going bonkers…something was crawling low on the floor between the kitchen and another room. Guess what it was? It was a flopping tortoise which had been given the run of the house. Soooo weird seeing a tortoise scurrying round a floor indoors…Back to my sofa. I thing I am either becoming a marsupial or nocturnal. I blame the wretched pasta at the weekend…
A Tortoise, A Rag Bag, A Fly Paper and Six Pairs of Trews....... has to be your next book title, @Oops!

Hope you are all well and enjoying a little sunshine! Bonnets are out again! 👒👒

Had a bit of back and forth with our girl in Chicago not answering our calls but running up the credit card (meant for emergencies), then her Chase bank account froze and she couldn’t transfer her rent, then we paid that.

We understand that we must pay for Ubers home nightly from work as it’s so dangerous - 72 shootings in five days (not reported outside of Chicago Times because, well, it’s Chicago and expected) which go from $25 during the week to $60 at weekends. The increase really shouldn’t be allowed but, unfortunately, in the States, the Uber has put the taxis out of business so they can charge what they want. She is living in expensive accommodation and earning minimum wage while paying for Ubers home that tbh the employer should feel an obligation to provide considering her earnings. Hospitality is fiercely competitive over there with loud people vying for her job which definitely adds to her anxiety. She is a hostess who brings the patrons to their tables only so no tips, unfortunately, which would hike up her earnings at least by 20%.

So, himself on the one hand and the daughter on the other and me in between trying to mediate. I understand his misgivings though because of the looming Erasmus to Virginia Tech from next Jan to Jun - a half year on campus costs around $5k alone before living costs, flights and incidentals. We also have to consider that she is not an only sibling - her sis is hairnet on and working 8 hour shifts -standing all day behind a counter - also earning minimum wage with no subbed income from Dad.....

All of these issues have to be taken into account. Me head is fried as they say!!

Anyway, as long as everyone is safe and well, these matters are small potatoes but boundaries need to be set nevertheless, ladies. Lots love and thanks for listening. ❤🥰🥰

• Heart
I feel your pain with the fees. I too know what it is like. That conversation isn’t for here but we will have it elsewhere no doubt.

Also processing the reason she needs Ubers must be sooo hard. Worry of what may happen and the cost of assuaging that worry. Flopping nightmare! Absolutely!

Now dearest, I was thinking of Himself and feel I can be enormously useful to you - as the following photo will confirm…

IMG_1762.jpeg

Yes Dearest - ’‘tis a cobwebbing mop!

A mop for cobwebs! I should have put the photo up in time for Father’s Day I know, but better late than never. He can fill his boots…🤐😜

• Haha
I feel your pain with the fees. I too know what it is like. That conversation isn’t for here but we will have it elsewhere no doubt.

Also processing the reason she needs Ubers must be sooo hard. Worry of what may happen and the cost of assuaging that worry. Flopping nightmare! Absolutely!

Now dearest, I was thinking of Himself and feel I can be enormously useful to you - as the following photo will confirm…

View attachment 3005629

Yes Dearest - ’‘tis a cobwebbing mop!

A mop for cobwebs! I should have put the photo up in time for Father’s Day I know, but better late than never. He can fill his boots…🤐😜
How did he not know about this life-changing godsend?!! Well, I never! What other delights are you and Emily hiding from us??

I will inform the master of the house directly, Madam. ❤🥰

• Haha
A Tortoise, A Rag Bag, A Fly Paper and Six Pairs of Trews....... has to be your next book title, @Oops!

Hope you are all well and enjoying a little sunshine! Bonnets are out again! 👒👒

Had a bit of back and forth with our girl in Chicago not answering our calls but running up the credit card (meant for emergencies), then her Chase bank account froze and she couldn’t transfer her rent, then we paid that.

We understand that we must pay for Ubers home nightly from work as it’s so dangerous - 72 shootings in five days (not reported outside of Chicago Times because, well, it’s Chicago and expected) which go from $25 during the week to $60 at weekends. The increase really shouldn’t be allowed but, unfortunately, in the States, the Uber has put the taxis out of business so they can charge what they want. She is living in expensive accommodation and earning minimum wage while paying for Ubers home that tbh the employer should feel an obligation to provide considering her earnings. Hospitality is fiercely competitive over there with loud people vying for her job which definitely adds to her anxiety. She is a hostess who brings the patrons to their tables only so no tips, unfortunately, which would hike up her earnings at least by 20%.

So, himself on the one hand and the daughter on the other and me in between trying to mediate. I understand his misgivings though because of the looming Erasmus to Virginia Tech from next Jan to Jun - a half year on campus costs around $5k alone before living costs, flights and incidentals. We also have to consider that she is not an only sibling - her sis is hairnet on and working 8 hour shifts -standing all day behind a counter - also earning minimum wage with no subbed income from Dad.....

All of these issues have to be taken into account. Me head is fried as they say!!

Anyway, as long as everyone is safe and well, these matters are small potatoes but boundaries need to be set nevertheless, ladies. Lots love and thanks for listening. ❤🥰🥰
Ooh..tricky. My parents were scrupulously fair when it came to my sister and me as there are 15 months between us. We were even dressed the same as children. If they couldn't afford for both of us to do/have something then neither of us did.
Of course circumstances change, people change, horizons broaden and it's not possible to be so fair.
As a family money wasn't really discussed and I grew up thinking we didn't have a lot. My mother always worked, some jobs better than others. I think more open discussions would have helped. I'm sure you will work it out 🥰
---
How did he not know about this life-changing godsend?!! Well, I never! What other delights are you and Emily hiding from us??

I will inform the master of the house directly, Madam. ❤🥰
I will personally pay for this device @Oops.... I'm still fuuuuming the "man f the huse" was so thoughtless when he returned from his trip @Milking Keynes . 😬

• Heart
  • Haha
Ooh..tricky. My parents were scrupulously fair when it came to my sister and me as there are 15 months between us. We were even dressed the same as children. If they couldn't afford for both of us to do/have something then neither of us did.
Of course circumstances change, people change, horizons broaden and it's not possible to be so fair.
As a family money wasn't really discussed and I grew up thinking we didn't have a lot. My mother always worked, some jobs better than others. I think more open discussions would have helped. I'm sure you will work it out 🥰
---

I will personally pay for this device @Oops.... I'm still fuuuuming the "man f the huse" was so thoughtless when he returned from his trip @Milking Keynes . 😬
Yes I too fuuuuuuuuuuumed when I read that! I Was traumatised for several hours and of course now I have post traumatic stress syndrome as a result of it. So I too will pay for a cobwebbing mop which makes 2 he will now own so there will be no excuses for cobwebs when he comes home! Grrrrrrr!😇🙃

Have been thinking of you today Captain and really hope everything went well 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞. 💕💜
---
The Water Board and their flashing lights and deafeningly noisy equipment had me up until 5 am when I fell asleep out of flopping spite!

• Heart