Vignettes and Pets #3 Friends Reunited

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Whoooo? Just kidding @Oops... ! The BBC cut him off just to show the news which would cover what they stopped? Mind boggling decision making there. The sainted one is exceptional but Howard looked good too 🥰

The dancing... so agree. Abysmal. 😂
Yes Howard always looks good. Do you remember when he used to date Catherine Tate?

A few questions I don’t think can ever be answered about the concert:-

1) Why does the Queen Concert stick her front teeth out when she is trying to keep in time to the music? Had she not been given a flag (prop) to wave on the downbeat would we have known she was trying to bop? Bop is a word I hate but I can see it was invented for a good reason.

2) Why does the King still look morose even when he is claiming to enjoy himself?

3) Why doesn’t the Queen Concert know the words to the National Anthem?

4) Why isn’t Katy Perry in the Tower of London for talking over the King? No-one speaks when the King is speaking. 🤭

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Girls, dropcloths at the ready!
I will start a new thread at 1000 posts but do we have a title? Post ideas please 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Do any of you think the bees are all dead? I read about it tonight and remember ranting when he got the bees or was talking about getting them. If it’s true then it’s beyond beyond. There were thousands and thousands of bees living in that hive within a gentle and orderly structure and now they might all be dead because one man didn’t think he needed to take preventative steps before he went on a trip. I thought it was odd he did the bee vlog before he went away. It’s REALLY bad luck if it’s true that they have died. So much is attached to bees. I’m going to leave it there and just pray there has been a mistake. 😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Do any of you think the bees are all dead? I read about it tonight and remember ranting when he got the bees or was talking about getting them. If it’s true then it’s beyond beyond. There were thousands and thousands of bees living in that hive within a gentle and orderly structure and now they might all be dead because one man didn’t think he needed to take preventative steps before he went on a trip. I thought it was odd he did the bee vlog before he went away. It’s REALLY bad luck if it’s true that they have died. So much is attached to bees. I’m going to leave it there and just pray there has been a mistake. 😢
Oh @Oops I don’t believe that at all. I really think he was careless with the board as I said on the thread but they looked healthy and unaffected? I hope so - did you not think the same?

Oh @Oops I don’t believe that at all. I really think he was careless with the board as I said on the thread but they looked healthy and unaffected? I hope so - did you not think the same?
Well I knew he was trying to sort out the water leaking problem ( that took him long enough to notice!) but apparently someone has said he yesterday said he’d lost his bees to a woodpecker! I just can’t bear it!
Bees are almost magical creatures. They know and sense ALL sorts of emotion. I am not surprised to hear they chase her! They will know how she presents and not want her nearby. You probably think I’m bonkers but I’m not. Bees are absolutely super aware. There are some staggering reports on how bees behaved when their owners died! Truly staggering - this is why you have to tell them of the important events. If he knew he had a woodpecker and he did as he’s mentioned it then he should have taken preventative measures to ensure the hive was safe whilst he was away. The person reporting the loss of the bees says he said he didn’t ‘think‘ he’d need to take preventative measures. I really hate all this...REALLY!

If those bees have died I really would not want the bad luck that goes with this - believe me!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Phew! Such a relief - the bees didn’t get eaten by a woodpecker! Best news.😀

Now, about dear @Miscanthus - I am missing her and her contributions lately (apart from the mammoth undertaking of new threads). Is everything OK dear? Don’t forget, I can book you in at the Town Hall Yoga if you want me to! 😍

• Heart
Phew! Such a relief - the bees didn’t get eaten by a woodpecker! Best news.😀

Now, about dear @Miscanthus - I am missing her and her contributions lately (apart from the mammoth undertaking of new threads). Is everything OK dear? Don’t forget, I can book you in at the Town Hall Yoga if you want me to! 😍
Good morning, my darling @Oops...
Apologies for going AWOL. Just been crazy busy with an art show and life stuff and in dire need of yoga. Book me in! 😍
I'm so behind on the thread, I'm not sure how I'm getting away with the recaps! Am I getting away with the recaps? :unsure::unsure::unsure: I never watch her vlogs!!!
I saw the bee tray full of water though.....hmmmmm.....

• Heart
Apologies for going AWOL. Just been crazy busy with an art show and life stuff and in dire need of yoga. Book me in! 😍
I'm so behind on the thread, I'm not sure how I'm getting away with the recaps! Am I getting away with the recaps? :unsure::unsure::unsure: I never watch her vlogs!!!
Ooooo! There you are dear heart! How lovely to see you 💕!
I’d love to hear more about your art show. I’m sure I would love everything you do and want to buy it.
The bee thing has passed over thank goodness - such a big relief.
I cannot watch all of the vlogs anymore. I just get SOOO bored and irritated. He‘s just as bad. You are definitely excelling at the recaps. Everyone loves them!
My garden is starting to look fabulous again! Isn’t it SUCH a good time of year? June is my favourite month ever. We have that to look forward to. 💕

• Heart
I’d love to hear more about your art show. I’m sure I would love everything you do and want to buy it.
I cannot watch all of the vlogs anymore. I just get SOOO bored and irritated. He‘s just as bad. You are definitely excelling at the recaps. Everyone loves them!
My garden is starting to look fabulous again! Isn’t it SUCH a good time of year? June is my favourite month ever. We have that to look forward to. 💕
Thankfully, the #beegate has passed. The flooded shelf was pretty negligent, tbh. Really wish they would leave their flogging to inanimate objects.

Was wondering if you had escaped on another trip when @Oops has already instructed that you go just as far as the parish hall for yoga.

Eta - your recaps are the cat’s pyjamas and the silver moon... ❤

Last edited:
  • Haha
Do you ever feel depleted and exhausted? I really feel it right now. No excuses - Oh my lord compared to our amazing members - but I can’t help it. I really try. There have been just a few setbacks recently that I normally would cope with pretty well and I feel so down it’s actually physical? Like I have blurred vision. God, I hope I get over it - how are all of you?

Recently, my husband invested money in what appears to be a concerning entity - not ponzi - but, let’s face it, brokers are only after commission. I never worry about money per se because I could live on nothing but I definitely worry about him and he’s really upset. I think this has set off my symptoms.

Again, how are you all? I don’t want to do a poor me post - how are you all coping right now?

• Heart
June is wonderful for gardens...so full of hope, so fresh, bursting with life. My iris are flowering now, like yours. Beautiful.
---
Do you ever feel depleted and exhausted? I really feel it right now. No excuses - Oh my lord compared to our amazing members - but I can’t help it. I really try. There have been just a few setbacks recently that I normally would cope with pretty well and I feel so down it’s actually physical? Like I have blurred vision. God, I hope I get over it - how are all of you?

Recently, my husband invested money in what appears to be a concerning entity - not ponzi - but, let’s face it, brokers are only after commission. I never worry about money per se because I could live on nothing but I definitely worry about him and he’s really upset. I think this has set off my symptoms.

Again, how are you all? I don’t want to do a poor me post - how are you all coping right now?
I'm sorry to hear you are feeling like this dear @Milking Keynes . Life can chuck a lot at us at times. No need to worry about poor me posts....you have a lot to deal with. I was exhausted when I went to India, mentally and physically, but having once suffered from depression I knew it was not that.....maybe you should see your GP or a counsellor, or try to get a break away. Only you can say how bad this is.
Sending big hugs 🥰
@Oops... will have some good advice for sure....

Last edited:
  • Heart
June is wonderful for gardens...so full of hope, so fresh, bursting with life. My iris are flowering now, like yours. Beautiful.
---

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling like this dear @Milking Keynes . Life can chuck a lot at us at times. No need to worry about poor me posts....you have a lot to deal with. I was exhausted when I went to India, mentally and physically, but having once suffered from depression I knew it was not that.....maybe you should see your GP or a counsellor, or try to get a break away. Only you can say how bad this is.
Sending big hugs 🥰
@Oops... will have some good advice for sure....
Lovely to touch base with you - love you to bits. I was watching a movie and I thought you and @Oops would thoroughly enjoy.

• Heart

Sending you lots of love and hoping you’re ok. I’ve not been 100% myself, wonder if the planets are to blame xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I’m so sorry to hear this dearest Havisham! I don’t like the thought of you feeling like you describe. You need to come and spend a few weeks here with me in my cellar and dressing room. We’d have SUCH a lovely time…💕💕. You’d starve but we’d would laugh a lot, I guarantee it! 😜.
I think globally we’re all really going through it having spent a few years really going through it - if you get my drift.
From my own perspective our 2 forums and my 18 yr old Teddy Bear and my wonderful housekeeper have helped get me through the 3 worst years of my entire life. I am trying to train my brain NOT to think upsetting things but it’s not always doable. The thing that helps me no end is listing ALL the things I am grateful for. I try and do it on a daily basis. Lately ( mostly because of my breathing) I’ve enlisted the help of a wonderful yoga teacher who comes twice a week for an hour and a half each session and that has helped in so many ways. She is a miracle worker and does guided meditations throughout our sessions. I’m getting a great deal out of it. The other thing is writing. You can write and so maybe you could write more. It’s a wonderful, cathartic and absorbing friend to have in your pocket 😍.

I absolutely love our rampages through the Georgian period. We should do more Bonnets and Frocks…👒👒👒

Last edited:
  • Heart
I’m so sorry to hear this dearest Havisham! I don’t like the thought of you feeling like you describe. You need to come and spend a few weeks here with me in my cellar and dressing room. We’d have SUCH a lovely time…💕💕. You’d starve but we’d would laugh a lot, I guarantee it! 😜.
I think globally we’re all really going through it having spent a few years really going through it - if you get my drift.
From my own perspective our 2 forums and my 18 yr old Teddy Bear and my wonderful housekeeper have helped get me through the 3 worst years of my entire life. I am trying to train my brain NOT to think upsetting things but it’s not always doable. The thing that helps me no end is listing ALL the things I am grateful for. I try and do it on a daily basis. Lately ( mostly because of my breathing) I’ve enlisted the help of a wonderful yoga teacher who comes twice a week for an hour and a half each session and that has helped in so many ways. She is a miracle worker and does guided meditations throughout our sessions. I’m getting a great deal out of it. The other thing is writing. You can write and so maybe you could write more. It’s a wonderful, cathartic and absorbing friend to have in your pocket 😍.

I absolutely love our rampages through the Georgian period. We should do more Bonnets and Frocks…👒👒👒
Yes, you’re right - we need to show appreciation for all the things we are grateful for. I’m trying not to go on a downward slope. Poor Mr MK put €200k into these guys and will probably never see it again. I did not once say I told you so. I restrained myself admirably! Oh, dear...

93B70F8B-CA2B-4864-9810-7E694D25E9B6.jpeg

Another thing on my mind is that my daughter is heading to Vancouver from next Thursday until first week Sept. She relies heavily on her sister and will miss her. She is travelling with five others and has got an apartment at the uni campus there. She is a very anxious little one and suffers badly from migraine. She doesn’t respond well to being sociable - fully on - 24/7 so I hope she will settle and not stress. She will have no family and no therapist so there is always the risk of her getting overwhelmed.

Anyway, thanks for listening, all of you, and for responding. I take everything you say on board.

• Heart
I'm going to start a new thread now but I'm really sorry about the finances and the worry about your daughter dear @Milking Keynes It seems to me that you are struggling with things you have no control over.
There is nothing you can do about the money but I expect you feel sick and your head must be exploding with anxiety. Time will ease the pain of that but try and focus on things that make you happy that don't involve money.
Your daughter...well I'm sure you have talked through the implications of her trip and prepared her for it. I'm sure you have told her to seek some quiet, alone time if she feels overwhelmed. Is there a way she can talk to her therapist while she is away or is there a suitable person at the other end? Can you talk to the girls she's going with and prepare them? Will she be able to contact you or her sister easily? Can her therapist give her some coping strategies? I think if you seize control back you will feel better.
Please tell me to shut up if you have done all these things.
---
New thread 😁

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.