Venetia Falconer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh wow, very eye opening to the change in her! I always wondered if she got with Max too quickly after her previous boyfriend. Like she didn’t want to be alone. Does anyone know why they broke up? They seemed like a great couple and he was very easy on the eyes 😭😂
Any pics of the ex? I've never seen him. I've only ever known her with Max.

his name is Oscar Thornton, he works in music events/festivals - I think he's married now

Reactions: 1
It's a real shame Venetia has removed her engagement video and sustainable wedding video - I totally understand her wishing to be more private though. I can't imagine being on Youtube is that easy if you are quite a private person.

Reactions: 5
I found Venetia via the anti fast fashion I follow. She came up in the Niomi Smart thread in the context of the fact she seems to be disappearing. She looks soso gaunt.

interesting that she’s so against fast fashion/current fashion practices, when her sister works in the industry. I didn’t realise until I found this thread that her maiden name was falconer.

Reactions: 7
I found Venetia via the anti fast fashion I follow. She came up in the Niomi Smart thread in the context of the fact she seems to be disappearing. She looks soso gaunt.

interesting that she’s so against fast fashion/current fashion practices, when her sister works in the industry. I didn’t realise until I found this thread that her maiden name was falconer.
This thread doesn’t move that fast so she was still Falconer when it started! 😂

• Haha
yes i've just taken a look and most of the ones she's left are where she is looking gaunt . Maybe Mx likes her that way . Perhaps he's the opposite of a feeder
---
Venetia Falconer | Tastemade

Look how happy she looks here
Oh wow…. Her change in appearance maybe could be related to the activism she’s part of now? I remember when I was a minimalist it just felt natural to be a minimal eater. It’s a sense that the less of an overall consumer you are in all respects the more you’re showing your sincerity /dedication to helping the environment. It’s different from where you set out to look a certain way which I’ve also experienced. The waif like appearance isn’t entirely unwelcome though when you’re someone who has had it in their head that smaller = good instead of ‘whatever size you’re healthy and flourishing at = fantastic.’

There’s also self-made pressure to remain small because clothing will fit if you stay the same or shrink but if you gain weight, you’ve messed up on your sustainability because now you need to purchase clothes that fit.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I've always wondered how close Rosanna and Venetia are. They just seem so different -and seem to have quite different values. Rosanna appears to be very materialistic and also thinks nothing of flying half way round the world so she doesn't have to stay in her house while it's being renovated. Meanwhile, Venetia is so focused on sustainability that she has said she considered giving up air travel altogether.

I do think Venetia may have distanced herself from Niomi a bit now (I really don't see how, with her supposed values, that she could still be friends with Niomi at this point). Meanwhile, this distancing coincided with Rosanna going 'all in' on her friendship with Nims. A bit strange.

reading this thread has been so interesting.

I followed Venetia about a year ago when i started getting into sustainability (especially with clothing).

pretty much immediately, I got the “ick” from her husband but couldn’t put my finger on why. There’s something super…? Arrogant? Intense? About him.

the daily morning coffee, and the general
Preachiness started to wear on me so I eventually unfollowed. She started doing ads too and I thought… well there are a ton of accounts on here which are people with a genuine desire to be more sustainable/wear secondhand and they do it for love of the environment, not freebies - so I’d rather invest my engagement with their content. And so I unfollowed her.

she also asked for comments on which fast fashion brand to cover with those recipe for disaster things she does. I commented Zara, and got a bit of an abrupt message from her saying she’d done it already and to go check her reels. It felt super off to me - it felt like this was a stressful thing for her, she felt she had to message me for sake of engagement and to direct me to her other stuff.

It wasn’t informal or chatty or even fun - and those videos were supposed to be humorous and fun.

she didn’t say anything bad, but it just struck me as really odd. Like it was a job stressing her out rather than something she actively enjoyed.
It honestly feels like she is a total lost soul who has moulded herself into whichever partner she has at the moment and who has thrown herself into this anti-fast fashion dialogue to try and carve a niche for herself as opposed to genuine love for it. The veganism aspect is just a convenient way for her to restrict food without it being obvious ED behaviours.

Venetia doesn’t look at all well and you can practically see her shrinking/fading away. She’s only 33/34 but she looks so much more gaunt and older to me.

she seems a bit lost and her relationship with max was something of a rebound. She seems besotted with him but not in a healthy, independent way. In a codependent, lack of self esteem way.

I hope she’s ok. She doesn’t seem like a bad person but she really doesn’t come across as especially happy to me.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
reading this thread has been so interesting.

I followed Venetia about a year ago when i started getting into sustainability (especially with clothing).

pretty much immediately, I got the “ick” from her husband but couldn’t put my finger on why. There’s something super…? Arrogant? Intense? About him.

the daily morning coffee, and the general
Preachiness started to wear on me so I eventually unfollowed. She started doing ads too and I thought… well there are a ton of accounts on here which are people with a genuine desire to be more sustainable/wear secondhand and they do it for love of the environment, not freebies - so I’d rather invest my engagement with their content. And so I unfollowed her.

she also asked for comments on which fast fashion brand to cover with those recipe for disaster things she does. I commented Zara, and got a bit of an abrupt message from her saying she’d done it already and to go check her reels. It felt super off to me - it felt like this was a stressful thing for her, she felt she had to message me for sake of engagement and to direct me to her other stuff.

It wasn’t informal or chatty or even fun - and those videos were supposed to be humorous and fun.

she didn’t say anything bad, but it just struck me as really odd. Like it was a job stressing her out rather than something she actively enjoyed.
It honestly feels like she is a total lost soul who has moulded herself into whichever partner she has at the moment and who has thrown herself into this anti-fast fashion dialogue to try and carve a niche for herself as opposed to genuine love for it. The veganism aspect is just a convenient way for her to restrict food without it being obvious ED behaviours.

Venetia doesn’t look at all well and you can practically see her shrinking/fading away. She’s only 33/34 but she looks so much more gaunt and older to me.

she seems a bit lost and her relationship with max was something of a rebound. She seems besotted with him but not in a healthy, independent way. In a codependent, lack of self esteem way.

I hope she’s ok. She doesn’t seem like a bad person but she really doesn’t come across as especially happy to me.
I've been trying to put my finger on what bothers me about her content and think this is a spot on summary. She seems very drained by what she does. I know the subject matter can be quite heavy but what she creates never comes across as particularly organic or effortless. It feels like like homework and its structured as such. And while she is of course very beautiful, her physical appearance has been really worrying for a while. She has lost so much weight, her clothes just hang off her now.

Correlation doesn't always equal causation but she certainly seemed much healthier and happier before she got married.

Reactions: 10
It’s sad how many upbeat, successful influencers whose life/content goes to crap when they marry weird man. Deliciously Ella is another one.

makes me wonder how many bright young women have been diminished by their spouse who aren’t airing it happen via social media. Sad to think about.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It’s sad how many upbeat, successful influencers whose life/content goes to crap when they marry weird man. Deliciously Ella is another one.

makes me wonder how many bright young women have been diminished by their spouse who aren’t airing it happen via social media. Sad to think about.
Exactly this, good parallel with Ella ( never loved her) but she made a brand that her husband has basically taken over. Ditto venetia, he has taken over the kitchen etc and a lot of what was her job

Reactions: 12
Have you listened to her podcast the one about topic of not wanting to have children, there is a moment when she is saying that she is now frequently alone and with her own thoughts because max is not there...it actually sounds so sad and like heartbroken...same with the new video.
Where is he anyway all the time ? Book touring is not taking so much time, isn't?

Reactions: 6
Have you listened to her podcast the one about topic of not wanting to have children, there is a moment when she is saying that she is now frequently alone and with her own thoughts because max is not there...it actually sounds so sad and like heartbroken...same with the new video.
Where is he anyway all the time ? Book touring is not taking so much time, isn't?
Which episode is this ??

Yes, I listened to this too. She sounded really lonely. “I know I should be ok just listening to the thoughts in my head but I’m not”

@emm it’s voicenote 001 from 31 May

• Sad
Reactions: 3