Venetia Falconer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I listened to this too. She sounded really lonely. “I know I should be ok just listening to the thoughts in my head but I’m not”

@emm it’s voicenote 001 from 31 May
I am half way through this... I don't get this idea, I kept waiting for someone else to appear

Geez she really doesn’t seem very happy.
I am half way ish through.... I remember (not sure when) ages ago her saying she really did (if it was possible) want children.. so this volte face, not to mention how she sounds in this podcast doesn't sound like her . In parts of this she sounds on the verge on crying?

Reactions: 2
Have you listened to her podcast the one about topic of not wanting to have children, there is a moment when she is saying that she is now frequently alone and with her own thoughts because max is not there...it actually sounds so sad and like heartbroken...same with the new video.
Where is he anyway all the time ? Book touring is not taking so much time, isn't?
I've noticed that Max often seems to be away. She mentions this in her vlogs a lot. I think he spends a lot of time in London. This was even before the book release/tour.

Speaking of Max, did anyone listen to his episode of Desert Island Dishes a few weeks back? He spoke about a relationship he was in when he was 27 - and it sounded like they were planning a whole life together. I mention this because I think a few people have said that he and Venetia weren't together all that long when they got married?

Anyway, it seems like he falls in love pretty quickly. With this other girl, he bumped into her on the street in LA, and said he fell in love at first sight. She was Australian, so weeks later he moved to Australia to be with her. She was five years older than him, owned her own business, and was asking him how he was planning on providing for their future family.

Anyway, somehow in the space of (2?) years this relationship fell apart and he met and married Venetia. Just thought it was interesting as I've never known anything of his background/relationships before.

He said on the podcast that this relationship happened 10 years ago when he was 27, but as far as I know he's 34, so it was more like 7 years, and I think he's been with Venetia for 5 years - maybe 6? I'm actually not sure how long they've been together.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I've noticed that Max often seems to be away. She mentions this in her vlogs a lot. I think he spends a lot of time in London. This was even before the book release/tour.

Speaking of Max, did anyone listen to his episode of Desert Island Dishes a few weeks back? He spoke about a relationship he was in when he was 27 - and it sounded like they were planning a whole life together. I mention this because I think a few people have said that he and Venetia weren't together all that long when they got married?

Anyway, it seems like he falls in love pretty quickly. With this other girl, he bumped into her on the street in LA, and said he fell in love at first sight. She was Australian, so weeks later he moved to Australia to be with her. She was five years older than him, owned her own business, and was asking him how he was planning on providing for their future family.

Anyway, somehow in the space of (2?) years this relationship fell apart and he met and married Venetia. Just thought it was interesting as I've never known anything of his background/relationships before.

He said on the podcast that this relationship happened 10 years ago when he was 27, but as far as I know he's 34, so it was more like 7 years, and I think he's been with Venetia for 5 years - maybe 6? I'm actually not sure how long they've been together.
No idea of the orher relationship but I always got the impression that his and venetias was accelerated because of visa issues. Regardless, there is something about him I really don't like. She seems much less positive and much less of herself since they got married

• Heart
Reactions: 13

“fell in love at first sight” usually means “I projected my fantasies onto this person I found reasonably attractive” IME

Reactions: 7
I think they were married within about a year of meeting each other…seems very fast to me considering they were long distance at first.

Reactions: 4
I think they were married within about a year of meeting each other…seems very fast to me considering they were long distance at first.
That is fast, but then, that seems to be his thing. He moved to Australia with that girl after knowing her for mere weeks - then within two/three years of that he was married to Venetia.

I wonder if they'll last? She's seems miserable. She looks ill. I listened to her podcast recently, and the girl pictured in the thumbnail of that podcast looks nothing like the Venetia of now. The change in her appearance is really quite shocking.

As I said I think it was basically forced/hastened because of visa issues and, as you say being at distance I don't think they knew each other well enough. Even one year even living together/close would be soon imo

“fell in love at first sight” usually means “I projected my fantasies onto this person I found reasonably attractive” IME
There seems to be a lot of this going around, because I'm pretty sure Venetia said the same of him. I think what she said is that she knew she was going to marry him pretty much as soon as she met him - words to that effect.

I was a big Venetia fan right around the time they met - I felt like he was a bit of a hanger-on. It's no secret Venetia's family is well-off and her jobs were more of passion projects than paychecks. I figured he saw a meal ticket since let's be real, he's not a good cook and wasn't even remotely well known at the time.

• Heart
I was a big Venetia fan right around the time they met - I felt like he was a bit of a hanger-on. It's no secret Venetia's family is well-off and her jobs were more of passion projects than paychecks. I figured he saw a meal ticket since let's be real, he's not a good cook and wasn't even remotely well known at the time.
Yeh I agree, I had never heard of anything about him before her, I doubt he would have had all thsse cookbooks etc without her. Didn't he claim he grew up working in a kitchen but it was in a franchise of subway his parents owned or something?

ETA I'm also following the deliciously ella thread here and their relationship seems quite similar, ie man who has basically taken over the gf/ wife business and made her feel insecure about it

Reactions: 5
Yeh I agree, I had never heard of anything about him before her, I doubt he would have had all thsse cookbooks etc without her. Didn't he claim he grew up working in a kitchen but it was in a franchise of subway his parents owned or something?

ETA I'm also following the deliciously ella thread here and their relationship seems quite similar, ie man who has basically taken over the gf/ wife business and made her feel insecure about it
Definite similarities with DE and 'Matthew!'

I'm sure I read somewhere that Max's dad was a chef, but then it was mentioned on that podcast that his dad owned a Subway, so yeah....

Actually, he spoke a bit about his childhood on the podcast, and it sounded quite sad: he was bullied, very isolated, only ever had one friend at school.

Last edited:
As I said I think it was basically forced/hastened because of visa issues and, as you say being at distance I don't think they knew each other well enough. Even one year even living together/close would be soon imo
Maybe, I don’t know anything about visas etc so no idea if he’d need to decide so soon if he was living in the UK permanently…

Maybe, I don’t know anything about visas etc so no idea if he’d need to decide so soon if he was living in the UK permanently…
But he wasn't was he? They met in the US I thought..I'm not sure of the US situation though

If he is always in London and she needs to go to London from time to time. Why the heck they moved to a countryside ? I don't get it. Really disturbing to see her in that state of some kind of breakdown, burnout or depression...she looks rough and it is purely out of concern not to be critical :/

• Heart
If he is always in London and she needs to go to London from time to time. Why the heck they moved to a countryside ? I don't get it. Really disturbing to see her in that state of some kind of breakdown, burnout or depression...she looks rough and it is purely out of concern not to be critical :/
Yeh I agree, especially as her social circle isin london. I don't get where they are but it doesn't seem to be that near her childhood home either?

Yeh I agree, especially as her social circle isin london. I don't get where they are but it doesn't seem to be that near her childhood home either?
Yeah she seems pretty isolated, I know she doesn’t share much of her life but hopefully she still gets to visit friends/they visit her…

Why doesn’t Rosanna have a thread? Is it just me who is obsessed?

Her entire house reno is #gifted.

(sorry… continue please 😞🤣)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3