Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Liswit87

I believe she's vegan for sustainability reasons more so than animal welfare reasons. In which case, wearing leather belts she owned prior to being vegan or buying them secondhand is not "disappointing"... In fact I would say it's more sustainable and more ideologically 'vegan' than getting rid of all of your leather goods or outright refusing to use leather just because you're now vegan. Lol.

PU/Vegan/Faux leather is way less durable than animal leather, and the process of making it is terrible for the environment — it uses so much more water and manual labour and produces a vast amount more carbon emissions than producing animal leather. I'm vegan but I'll buy secondhand real leather goods any day over fake leather that I'll end up chucking in a year because it's fallen apart.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

Lamermer

I followed Max for a bit but I don't like his vibe. And don't like when he has screen time on her vlogs. He just creeps me out and was glad to see others felt the same.

purple-rain

Maybe she is watching her caffeine intake if she is an anxious person / has heart or blood pressure issues or she could be trying to get pregnant? A possible reason as to why she is looking sad at the moment?

She seems totally gaga over him so I don't see her ever leaving him.

He seems to have almost 900k in insta now... a mystery.

Is he from a wealthy family too? if not he must feel like he hit the jackpot.
I'm super curious about his background too... Seems like he/the relationship in general just came out of nowhere and developed so quickly. Was he big as a chef/social media person in America? I actually really like Venetia but have noticed her energy has seemed down for a few months now. I hope she's ok, or getting help if she needs it.

Sunburnsjess

So she’s officially signed off for her long Xmas offline period... but do we think she’s going to defy the tier 4 guidance and go spend it at her parents massive country manor like she usually does?? My bets are yes. I don’t really trust this woman’s activism given how close friends she is with Niomi smart and all these other incredibly privileged influencers.

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Yeah I definitely got the vibe it was their only option other than long distance. I am a bit scared for Venetia, her husband gives me such weird vibes and she is so gaunt now.
He seems like a real control freak to me. So intense. I get the impression that anything Venetia does, certainly in the kitchen, and maybe in other areas of life too, is never good enough. He knows best and his way is the right way.

I never watched Venetia's videos before she was married so I don't know how much she might have changed - but I will say that she always strikes me as being a bit unhappy.

Reactions: 7

macrofriendly

VIP Member
It's funny because she probably said that in jest like 'oh! Hehe! My husband is a cook so I can't even step foot in the kitchen, that is his territory!', but even if she said it in jest I am of the belief that there is always an undertone of truth in any joke this this.

GirlOnTheTrain

I miss her old content where she shared more recipes. I’ve noticed since she been married she shares less. She used to have a blog with recipes on too, which she has deleted since she’s been with Max.
Yeah and she’s deleted most of the videos from before she met Max too. I used to really enjoy her content but now I barely make it through her vlogs.

• Wow

emm

VIP Member
I don’t know if I’m not getting it, but I’ve noticed a lot of ‘new’ things in her ootd clips. Fair enough they’re second hand, but there’s a lot of trend driven pieces which tells me she does seem to have bought a lot recently even if it is from bestiaries.

She’s just so unrelatable, of course a straight size rich woman can support buying so much second hand when it’s nice and not a 99p from oxfam on a shitty high street
she does seem to have SO many clothes

Calabria

VIP Member
Does anyone follow Venetia’s sister Rosanna (apologies for bringing her up here but she doesn’t have her own thread).

Her house in London is undergoing renovations so her, her husband and two children have moved to India for four months. I knew the family were privileged but wow 😯

She is posting on TikTok about it:
Rosanna is great friends with Pacho Jaipur the polo player, otherwise known as Maharajah Padmanabh Singh, the “king” of Jaipur. His net worth is reported to be in the billions. They go back a good few years and he has always made sure Rosanna and family have been looked after in Jaipur. He also listed an apartment in the Palace on Airbnb at £8k a NIGHT so I wonder if Rosanna is staying in a “kindly gifted” apartment…

• Wow

cee-bee

VIP Member
I found Venetia via the anti fast fashion I follow. She came up in the Niomi Smart thread in the context of the fact she seems to be disappearing. She looks soso gaunt.

interesting that she’s so against fast fashion/current fashion practices, when her sister works in the industry. I didn’t realise until I found this thread that her maiden name was falconer.

Imah

Chatty Member
Max is legit one of the creepiest guys ever.

they seem like such a boring couple

cee-bee

VIP Member
I've noticed that Max often seems to be away. She mentions this in her vlogs a lot. I think he spends a lot of time in London. This was even before the book release/tour.

Speaking of Max, did anyone listen to his episode of Desert Island Dishes a few weeks back? He spoke about a relationship he was in when he was 27 - and it sounded like they were planning a whole life together. I mention this because I think a few people have said that he and Venetia weren't together all that long when they got married?

Anyway, it seems like he falls in love pretty quickly. With this other girl, he bumped into her on the street in LA, and said he fell in love at first sight. She was Australian, so weeks later he moved to Australia to be with her. She was five years older than him, owned her own business, and was asking him how he was planning on providing for their future family.

Anyway, somehow in the space of (2?) years this relationship fell apart and he met and married Venetia. Just thought it was interesting as I've never known anything of his background/relationships before.

He said on the podcast that this relationship happened 10 years ago when he was 27, but as far as I know he's 34, so it was more like 7 years, and I think he's been with Venetia for 5 years - maybe 6? I'm actually not sure how long they've been together.
“fell in love at first sight” usually means “I projected my fantasies onto this person I found reasonably attractive” IME

cee-bee

VIP Member
I've not added anything on here in a while but venetia's recent content has really tipped me over the edge. Firstly, she does not look well at alllll - she's lost so much weight and genuinely I hope she's ok because she looks gaunt. Secondly, she's adoped Max's cult-leader-esque charisma in her reels and i find the huge grin really off-putting. I do think she's lost her USP - we are in a literal cost of living crisis and it often feels like her platform is preaching to the choir. Most of her followers follow her BECAUSE they support sustainable fashion already, and the rest wish they could but I think struggle financially like we all do. Her content is extreme and unoriginal, and I am baffled by the finances of it all because all the content is written by Molly Lipson?! Venetia would be better off having a word with jet-setting Niomi Smart or her own beloved sister who lives the peak london socialite lifestyle (her recent stint of living in india was really giving...colonial...vibes to put it nicely).
ber reels are freaking me out. It’s the super wide overexaggerated mouth for me. Tell me you’re a failed Tv presenter without telling me

i had to unfollow her because it was aggressively pushing this message down my throat. I already buy secondhand and vintage. I don’t buy new. I know H&M are greenwashing. It feels like her online campaigning is just about self promotion because it doesn’t feel like this is reaching new people or having much of an impact? It’s just Venetia acting self righteous in front of a mix and quoting figures at us. Nothing helpful really.

emm

VIP Member
That’s what put me off her…she’s sooooo preachy! And so little grip on reality, like when she talks about renting clothes…not knocking the concept at all, but some of the items she had were £200/300 a pop. Does she really think the average person can spend that much on one garment…that you don’t even get to keep?!
and I think she does try to hide her family background, her family are seriously rich she never tags her sister for a reason imo

nutritionlover

Just watched Venetia's latest YouTube video... in it, she says she will be leaving YouTube in the not too distant future to basically protect her privacy. I will miss watching her videos but it does seem like it would be best for her mental health. I also wonder if it's because she's pregnant or planning to get pregnant as I cannot imagine her ever putting her child on social media - it probably coincides with a big life shift? She also definitely seems a lot less fun loving than she was in the old days, I hope she gets her spark back soon

slothella22

I used to love watching single Venetia as even though she was rich, she came across as quite relatable. After having my own battles with anxiety I loved watching her videos with tips and her cooking. But now she seeks so preachy and is so highly strung all time. I don’t understand how if she’s so anxious, why is she drinking coffee all the time as surely the caffeine isn’t helping? She’s a shell of the person she used to be.