Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
She's always been skinny since I've followed her (only in the last year or so) but she really doesn't look well in those stories. Wow.

Screenshot_20220713-061217_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8

larin_ree

She's lost a lot of weight since she got married if I remember correctly. Previous posts in the thread have also talked about how Max comes off as extremely controlling of the kitchen and food so maybe that has affected her... Sad to see it as she used to be much more bubbly and healthy
She said a few videos ago that she basically isn't allowed to cook when he's home, I get that he's a chef but if it brings her joy then I think it's very sad that she's not allowed to partake in it

larin_ree

I wonder if she ever regrets getting married so fast? To me she seems besotted with him…but not in a very healthy way. All her videos lately have been around the ‘slow weekend at home’ theme….she seems quite isolated since she moved out of London…although she is very selective with what she shows online.
Does anyone know why they got married so quickly? They don't seem like a "when you know, you know" kinda couple and I didn't even think Venetia would be particularly "into" marriage, especially a fast one. Not judging if this is the reason but was it so Max could get British citizenship or something? That's all I can think of

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Have you listened to her podcast the one about topic of not wanting to have children, there is a moment when she is saying that she is now frequently alone and with her own thoughts because max is not there...it actually sounds so sad and like heartbroken...same with the new video.
Where is he anyway all the time ? Book touring is not taking so much time, isn't?
I've noticed that Max often seems to be away. She mentions this in her vlogs a lot. I think he spends a lot of time in London. This was even before the book release/tour.

Speaking of Max, did anyone listen to his episode of Desert Island Dishes a few weeks back? He spoke about a relationship he was in when he was 27 - and it sounded like they were planning a whole life together. I mention this because I think a few people have said that he and Venetia weren't together all that long when they got married?

Anyway, it seems like he falls in love pretty quickly. With this other girl, he bumped into her on the street in LA, and said he fell in love at first sight. She was Australian, so weeks later he moved to Australia to be with her. She was five years older than him, owned her own business, and was asking him how he was planning on providing for their future family.

Anyway, somehow in the space of (2?) years this relationship fell apart and he met and married Venetia. Just thought it was interesting as I've never known anything of his background/relationships before.

He said on the podcast that this relationship happened 10 years ago when he was 27, but as far as I know he's 34, so it was more like 7 years, and I think he's been with Venetia for 5 years - maybe 6? I'm actually not sure how long they've been together.

• Wow

emm

VIP Member
Yes, she's looked gaunt for a long time but this is a new levels of frailness. I get bizarre vibes from her husband, if I were her family or friends I would be hugely concerned tbh
Same , the fact that she has mentioned more than once how he doesn't really let her cook in the kitchen so she cooks while he is away is odd. Her latest stories she is so thin her head looks too big for her body, very worrying

emm

VIP Member
it’s so annoying that she took down the recipes off her website and stepped away from making her own recipes as she used to do it a lot and they were so good 😞
---
It’s weird that Max collabs with lots of food content creators but I don’t think he’s really done anything like that with Venetia except undermine her recipes and try and make them better than her
All of their relationship is just such a red flag. I hope in a year (or less)we will see her posting a video or "how I escaped a toxic relationship "

boopdeeboop

I'm glad it wasn't just me that noticed the change in her overall channel/appearance post max... I used to really love her content but now I can't even get through a video bc max just creeps me tf out

cee-bee

VIP Member
Her most recent vlog on their 'holiday' in France gives me really bad vibes. I get that sometimes a simple retreat is nice but they don't even seem to go out and explore, just do work and exercise ("We ran 3 miles just to find an organic shop that sells tofu and our favourite yoghurt"...?!) I mean... a portion of the vlog is Max filming her writing a detailed itinerary on a blackboard!

I got the impression Max was always lurking in the background monitoring everything she's saying and he CONSTANTLY interjects to make sure she says certain things. She seems very subdued and she's always glancing off to the side like someone is watching her.

The last clip where he 'casually' prompts her to talk about the writer strikes in Hollywood feels particularly bizarre.
max is 100% a wrongun IMO. He gives me the heebie jeebies.

she was pretty vulnerable when she met him IIRC. Looks to me like he love bombed her, rushed into marriage, piggy backed her Instagram success and then dragged her out to the middle of nowhere to isolate her.

since she met him, it’s like there’s been a steady decline. She’s lost more and more weight. Her content seems more and more lacklustre. Her vivacity and joie de vivre just doesn’t seem to be there anymore.

The removal of her recipes (presumably so she doesn’t detract from his niche), the subtle controlling vibes he gives off (not being able to relax on holiday and “needing” an itinerary) all speak to me of someone who is an energy vampire, who diminishes everyone around them to make themselves feel better.

For context, they first met in August 2018. they got engaged in August 2019 and were married in November 2019.. so within a year and 3 months of meeting him, they’ve gotten married. IIRC she’s just come out of a long term relationship and a painful break up when she met max, and so was in a pretty vulnerable place. Classic abusive tactic to love bomb someone at a vulnerable point in their life.

His insta account has been wiped and his earliest posts are from Feb 2018 (where he announces a collab) and Nov 17. How has he managed to amass a 1mil following in 6 years?

I hope I’m wrong about him… but he just doesn’t seem like a particularly nice persona without having actually done anything obviously bad? He looks dead behind the eyes to me.

• Heart

GirlOnTheTrain

How long were they dating before they married? I only started following her recently, and while I've only watched a few of her videos, I get the impression she's not very happy a lot of the time. She also seems to be quite hard on herself and seems to think that whatever she does is not good enough. This can't be helped by her husband's behaviour as described in the 'carrot cake' post. He's basically telling her that anything she makes is not good enough and he can do better!
I think about a year but it was long distance. I agree that she doesn’t seem happy, it doesn’t seem like she really enjoys what she does.

• Wow

slugella

VIP Member
I do generally like Venetia I think her heart is in the right place but man I do not need to see her make coffee on stories every. single. morning 😂

• Haha

queenfeline

I wildly preferred Venetia pre-Max. Now I can't bother to follow her because it's like watching someone get absorbed by a domineering personality.

Do you think it was partly because he was American so they could live together? I have no idea if they were already living together or not though just curious!

Venetia is one of the few influencers that I still check in on as I do like her sustainability message. However I posted this on another thread a few weeks ago before I realised she had one..

It reminds me the other day someone commented on one of Venetia Falconers posts asking does she have any sustainable underwear brands she recommends. Venetia replied recommending one, I forgot the name, to which the original girl replied saying thanks but too expensive. Someone else then replied saying why not try stripe and stare (and tagged them). The brand then replied saying oh venetia we are gonna email you and send you some!! ... so another poster then replied like why not send them to the original poster who is ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR SOME. Which I loved to see someone calling them out.

I mean I get it's advertising but it's so frustrating to see. Venetia didn't even originally recommend that brand, and then a few days later she had a insta story of loads of free underwear she got sent from them. I ended up unfollowing her. Considering she constantly talks about cutting down on buying too much, she easily could have said oh i dont need some, I agree send them to the original poster looking for new underwear.
This is what gets me about these ‘influencers’ (🤢), a lot of them have super privileged backgrounds and could probably afford all the free stuff they get ten times over.

Liswit87

Her most recent vlog on their 'holiday' in France gives me really bad vibes. I get that sometimes a simple retreat is nice but they don't even seem to go out and explore, just do work and exercise ("We ran 3 miles just to find an organic shop that sells tofu and our favourite yoghurt"...?!) I mean... a portion of the vlog is Max filming her writing a detailed itinerary on a blackboard!

I got the impression Max was always lurking in the background monitoring everything she's saying and he CONSTANTLY interjects to make sure she says certain things. She seems very subdued and she's always glancing off to the side like someone is watching her.

The last clip where he 'casually' prompts her to talk about the writer strikes in Hollywood feels particularly bizarre.

• Sad
  • Wow

nutritionlover

Does anyone else wonder whether Venetia and Max are conflicted about having children? In previous Q&As on her youtube page (including one with Zanna van Dijk which has since been deleted), she has said she would like to have kids and seemed very sure of this. She has not brought this topic up since dating and marring Max and also becoming a climate/ fast fashion activist. She is 33 this year (obviously still quite young) and mentioned in one of her more recent YouTube videos that a lot of her friends have had babies recently.

Gossip68

I always wonder how much she enjoys all the zero waste/no fast fashion etc. Very admirable pursuits, but sometimes it comes across like she’s in too deep and feels the pressure to make no mistakes if that makes sense. I much preferred her veganism content, like cooking videos. I wonder if she feels pressure from Max - I remember they taste tested a vegan chocolate bar once, and he was harping on about the packaging which wasn’t the point of what Venetia was talking about at all. She even told him he was taking the fun out of it 😕

Bleurghgram

VIP Member
Has she ever said she wants kids? Off topic but I’m on the fence and the state of the planet is a massive con on my list 😂 we might go down having a good time but we’re literally condemning future gens to god knows what. Makes me so scared.