Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

millibea

I've not added anything on here in a while but venetia's recent content has really tipped me over the edge. Firstly, she does not look well at alllll - she's lost so much weight and genuinely I hope she's ok because she looks gaunt. Secondly, she's adoped Max's cult-leader-esque charisma in her reels and i find the huge grin really off-putting. I do think she's lost her USP - we are in a literal cost of living crisis and it often feels like her platform is preaching to the choir. Most of her followers follow her BECAUSE they support sustainable fashion already, and the rest wish they could but I think struggle financially like we all do. Her content is extreme and unoriginal, and I am baffled by the finances of it all because all the content is written by Molly Lipson?! Venetia would be better off having a word with jet-setting Niomi Smart or her own beloved sister who lives the peak london socialite lifestyle (her recent stint of living in india was really giving...colonial...vibes to put it nicely).

Reactions: 11

Liswit87

It wasn't even the roommate bit that got me, if that's a joke between them then fair enough. But two facepalm emojis and speaking like she's stupid for not knowing how restaurant kitchens work. It's giving 'I'm an actual chef, cooking is just her internet hobby' he just can't help but belittle her

Reactions: 10

Clover123

VIP Member
I really hope she’s ok. There’s obviously something going on behind the scenes. I’ve been noticing her weight loss since summer but now this is drastic.
She looks shockingly thin. I hope she's not ill! If she's not, I would hope family and friends have stepped in for an intervention. I have never seen a 30 year old woman with a neck like that, she needs some serious help if it's not an illness.

GirlOnTheTrain

I wildly preferred Venetia pre-Max. Now I can't bother to follow her because it's like watching someone get absorbed by a domineering personality.
I think their relationship is strange, like he just seemed to appear out of nowhere and the next minute they’re married. I do wonder if it was a bit of a rebound thing for her…🤷🏻‍♀️

looks like her dads an architect with a portfolio including the Chelsea area so I would assume so.
Yep she lives in her parents flat. Her sister used to work for Matthew Williamson and Venetia is pals with all the Chelsea set (just didn’t want to be on Made in Chelsea). She was always wearing designer clothes as part of the ‘flower girls’. Not long ago she was always buying fast fashion, Topshop etc but people are entitled to change I guess. She used to work on a music festival run by her ex-boyfriend, around the time she interned at MTV...definitely was a party girl before green tea saved her! Used to like her podcast Talking Tastebuds a few years back but now she’s become to woke and preachy. Black Lives Matter is an interesting point as she told me many years ago her family history links her to slave traders #awkward

• Wow

Sunburnsjess

Max posted on his stories today (he’s finally back online) to promote his cookbook and it’s definitely filmed in her parents house, I recognise it from her past vlogs. Honestly so disgusted at them defying the guidance and clearly travelling to her parents for Christmas when London was already in tier 4. So that’s definitely why she’s been offline this whole time. This all in the middle of a raging epidemic in the UK when are thousands of people dying every day. Definitely unfollowing, I’m so sick of all influencers and their sense of entitlement.

• Angry
  • Wow

iz10101

She looks so thin, you can tell from her neck it’s not her natural weight. Also I used to follow her YouTube for years so she’s definitely lost a lot of weight.

I really hope she’s ok. She is very vocal about how anxious she gets and seems to be posting less and less on social media.
She seems like a genuinely lovely person who truly cares. It’s hard to tell as she doesn’t post much personal stuff anymore but I hope she’s ok. The weight loss seems to have accelerated after this move out of london.

• Sad

kit359

i just watched her latest YouTube video and my GOD she is just so miserable, isn't she? why does everything she says sound like it's such a struggle for her? maybe just like, don't put yourself through it then hun? no one is forcing you at gunpoint to leave your phone at home or watch a movie without scrolling on your phone? honestly it must be exhausting being inside her head jeeeeez

Walkthehemline

reading this thread has been so interesting.

I followed Venetia about a year ago when i started getting into sustainability (especially with clothing).

pretty much immediately, I got the “ick” from her husband but couldn’t put my finger on why. There’s something super…? Arrogant? Intense? About him.

the daily morning coffee, and the general
Preachiness started to wear on me so I eventually unfollowed. She started doing ads too and I thought… well there are a ton of accounts on here which are people with a genuine desire to be more sustainable/wear secondhand and they do it for love of the environment, not freebies - so I’d rather invest my engagement with their content. And so I unfollowed her.

she also asked for comments on which fast fashion brand to cover with those recipe for disaster things she does. I commented Zara, and got a bit of an abrupt message from her saying she’d done it already and to go check her reels. It felt super off to me - it felt like this was a stressful thing for her, she felt she had to message me for sake of engagement and to direct me to her other stuff.

It wasn’t informal or chatty or even fun - and those videos were supposed to be humorous and fun.

she didn’t say anything bad, but it just struck me as really odd. Like it was a job stressing her out rather than something she actively enjoyed.
It honestly feels like she is a total lost soul who has moulded herself into whichever partner she has at the moment and who has thrown herself into this anti-fast fashion dialogue to try and carve a niche for herself as opposed to genuine love for it. The veganism aspect is just a convenient way for her to restrict food without it being obvious ED behaviours.

Venetia doesn’t look at all well and you can practically see her shrinking/fading away. She’s only 33/34 but she looks so much more gaunt and older to me.

she seems a bit lost and her relationship with max was something of a rebound. She seems besotted with him but not in a healthy, independent way. In a codependent, lack of self esteem way.

I hope she’s ok. She doesn’t seem like a bad person but she really doesn’t come across as especially happy to me.
I've been trying to put my finger on what bothers me about her content and think this is a spot on summary. She seems very drained by what she does. I know the subject matter can be quite heavy but what she creates never comes across as particularly organic or effortless. It feels like like homework and its structured as such. And while she is of course very beautiful, her physical appearance has been really worrying for a while. She has lost so much weight, her clothes just hang off her now.

Correlation doesn't always equal causation but she certainly seemed much healthier and happier before she got married.

cee-bee

VIP Member
Yeh I agree, especially as her social circle isin london. I don't get where they are but it doesn't seem to be that near her childhood home either?
I’ll bet money it was him that suggested they move to the countryside.

and it’s my guess that he suggested it to isolate her from friends and family. A lonely, insecure wife/meal ticket is less likely to leave him than one surrounded by friends and family who will support her and highlight red flags to her.

he’s hit the absolute jackpot with Venetia. she’d been broken up with and was in a bad place emotionally when they met, so ripe for being love bombed. Not only does he get his U.K. “green card”, but he got exposure to her following which led to his “chef” career, and his relationship with her has the added bonus of huge family wealth.

No way he’s gona let that slip from his grasp.

a loving husband who deeply cared for his wife would not leave her for long stretches of time, in a new place. Any loving husband would be heartbroken to listen to the stuff she’s been posting.

• Sad

hadtosayit88

Chatty Member
Came here to say that I have been following Venetia for a while and lately it looks like she’s lost a ton of weight. On her Instagram story today I barely recognised her face, it was so gaunt. It also seems like since she lost weight she’s posting more bikini pics, wearing more crop tops, etc., so maybe it was intentional. Seems to have happened very suddenly though or maybe it’s just me?

• Sad

emm

VIP Member
she’ll come back with an air of superiority about how it was ~so great~ being offline for a longer period and yet still fail to recognise that within itself is a massive privilege
I actually find it insulting that people like her seem to think social media is somehow damaging, yet they make their income there. Makes 0 sense

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
I miss her old content where she shared more recipes. I’ve noticed since she been married she shares less. She used to have a blog with recipes on too, which she has deleted since she’s been with Max.
Imagine how it must feel, that every time she makes a meal, she has this asshole standing over her telling her he can do it better. Ugh!

Last edited:

buffyjayne

Chatty Member
Finding myself not wanting to look at Venetia's stories anymore, which is a shame because I enjoy the fashion sustainability content
But each time I see her she appears thinner. It's highly triggering to me. I'm feeling myself getting jealous she seems to be losing weight so frequently - which is a huge red flag for my own disorder.
Hope anyone else feeling the same looking at her stories is doing okay 💕

• Heart

ellamae

Chatty Member
it’s so annoying that she took down the recipes off her website and stepped away from making her own recipes as she used to do it a lot and they were so good 😞
---
It’s weird that Max collabs with lots of food content creators but I don’t think he’s really done anything like that with Venetia except undermine her recipes and try and make them better than her

GirlOnTheTrain

That’s what put me off her…she’s sooooo preachy! And so little grip on reality, like when she talks about renting clothes…not knocking the concept at all, but some of the items she had were £200/300 a pop. Does she really think the average person can spend that much on one garment…that you don’t even get to keep?!

Reactions: 9

iz10101

I love Venetia and massively respect her ethics and commitment to sustainability. I do miss her old day to day vlogs of her life though, they were so enjoyable to watch.
I do wonder if her going so “all in” on activism is taking a toll. It seems she barely posts then is doing the weekly “offline 48” post. She obviously holds herself to such high standards on her activism but it must be so difficult to live your life around that. I remember her saying she cried because someone posted a critical comment about her only picking expensive vintage places as recommendations and not recognising her privilege- she obviously gets so anxious and takes everything to heart. Then she is so careful with food, drink, companies she associates, everything she reads and buys. And it seems Max has exacerbated this even more in her personal life.
she seems so lovely I really hope she finds time for herself and to be spontaneous, carefree like she was in her old vlogs.
Also Maxs cooking how is he a “chef” it’s literally the same dry broccoli pasta with nutritional yeast on it every other video. the vibe around competing with her on how his cooking is better just seems off as well

• Sad
Reactions: 9