Venetia Falconer

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really disappointed to see Venetia wearing and advertising leather belts recently. Is she not vegan anymore?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
I’m really disappointed to see Venetia wearing and advertising leather belts recently. Is she not vegan anymore?
is it something she had before? Either way I do understand this, using whatever material it is still encouraging people to buy what you have on, like "look at my look, wear the same" I think ultimately promoting fashion can never be sustainable, she has millions of clothes, her posting her outfits (often with loads of unseen pieces, even if they are old ones) does that help people whose wardrobes are nowhere near as big?

Reactions: 1
I believe she's vegan for sustainability reasons more so than animal welfare reasons. In which case, wearing leather belts she owned prior to being vegan or buying them secondhand is not "disappointing"... In fact I would say it's more sustainable and more ideologically 'vegan' than getting rid of all of your leather goods or outright refusing to use leather just because you're now vegan. Lol.

PU/Vegan/Faux leather is way less durable than animal leather, and the process of making it is terrible for the environment — it uses so much more water and manual labour and produces a vast amount more carbon emissions than producing animal leather. I'm vegan but I'll buy secondhand real leather goods any day over fake leather that I'll end up chucking in a year because it's fallen apart.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I believe she's vegan for sustainability reasons more so than animal welfare reasons. In which case, wearing leather belts she owned prior to being vegan or buying them secondhand is not "disappointing"... In fact I would say it's more sustainable and more ideologically 'vegan' than getting rid of all of your leather goods or outright refusing to use leather just because you're now vegan. Lol.
I completely agree! I’m vegan and still wear a leather jacket I bought years ago. I know she often wears leather that’s second hand or old, I don’t have an issue with that. Usually she doesn’t link to the product though. It seemed to me that this belt was a new purchase, and she keeps linking to the company, which will encourage more people to buy new leather. This felt like a change in how she usually approached showcasing leather. And I thought she was vegan for ethical reasons (as well as environmental ones) which is why I was disappointed. Perhaps I was !

PU/Vegan/Faux leather is way less durable than animal leather, and the process of making it is terrible for the environment — it uses so much more water and manual labour and produces a vast amount more carbon emissions than producing animal leather. I'm vegan but I'll buy secondhand real leather goods any day over fake leather that I'll end up chucking in a year because it's fallen apart.
I think it really depends on the quality and materials of the vegan/fake leather. Just like with real leather, it can vary hugely.

I also used to think that real leather was more sustainable but unfortunately it’s just not the case. Eg a leather pair of boots takes approx 66kg of CO2 emissions and 12370 litres of water to make. A non leather equivalent produces approx 10kg of CO2 and uses 14 times less water. Not to mention the land use, deforestation, biodiversity loss, chemicals and human health issues that come with real leather. And sadly the extent of chemical processing needed for leather (given it’s literally rotting flesh and will continue to rot if it’s not treated) means it doesn’t actual biodegrade properly.

Sorry for the lecture! I’ve only recently learnt this myself.

Reactions: 3
Her wardrobe seems never ending of items. She always seems to put together something completely new.
If I were to never buy new and go through my wardrobe I'd have enough outfits for a week and then rinse and repeat 🤣
Easy to be comfortable in not buying when you seem to own 100s of pieces.

Her wardrobe seems never ending of items. She always seems to put together something completely new.
If I were to never buy new and go through my wardrobe I'd have enough outfits for a week and then rinse and repeat 🤣
Easy to be comfortable in not buying when you seem to own 100s of pieces.
This is very true, she has SO many clothes

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I completely agree! Usually she doesn’t link to the product though. It seemed to me that this belt was a new purchase, and she keeps linking to the company, which will encourage more people to buy new leather. This felt like a change in how she usually approached showcasing leather...

Sorry for the lecture! I’ve only recently learnt this myself.
It's actually such an interesting discussion I love it! Didn't mean to come off snarky in my previous reply. I hadn't seen and didn't think she'd be linking new products, kind of assumed she would be wearing them secondhand or old, seeing as she preaches about not buying new?!

Agree with a lot of the comments above - it's easy to preach about "shopping your wardrobe" when you already have a sizeable one because you used to have a self-confessed 'shopping addiction' and worked for ASOS...

What about people who are only just discovering their personal style? Or those who have previously struggled for money and maybe just got a new job so can finally afford to dress the way they've always wanted? Not everyone has the luxury of time to 'go thrifting'. There's nuance in everybody's situation. Thats why I prefer the approach of sustainable fashion creators like Andrea Cheong (actually educating people on how to find your personal style, to buy items you'll wear forever, looking more closely at the quality of the items you're buying and making an informed decision e.t.c.) rather than the performative activism of saying 'you should NEVER shop fast fashion EVER'

Does anyone follow Venetia’s sister Rosanna (apologies for bringing her up here but she doesn’t have her own thread).

Her house in London is undergoing renovations so her, her husband and two children have moved to India for four months. I knew the family were privileged but wow 😯

She is posting on TikTok about it:

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Does anyone follow Venetia’s sister Rosanna (apologies for bringing her up here but she doesn’t have her own thread).

Her house in London is undergoing renovations so her, her husband and two children have moved to India for four months. I knew the family were privileged but wow 😯

I saw that. How the other half live!

ETA: The very fancy hotel they stayed at when they first got to India was #gifted.

Last edited:
  • Sad
I saw that. How the other half live!

ETA: The very fancy hotel they stayed at when they first got to India was #gifted.
It seems like the airport service was too. Imagine even just the cost of keeping ALL of your furniture in storage for months !

Yeah I stopped following her a while ago, she seems unbearable.

I cannot believe how much she flaunts her wealth in comparison with Venetia and how different they seem. Rosanna seems nice enough but very graspy and into designer clothes, opulence and the luxurious life. They used to be a lot closer by the looks of it when Venetia lived in London and go to some similar events etc (have Niomi Smart as a mutual friend) but I suspect it's also one of the reasons Venetia changed her name when she got married. The India posts are rather disturbing - I find it really uncomfortable that Rosanna wears Indian clothes when it's not for a specific reason really e.g. a close friend's wedding when she has been invited to wear them. It's uncomfortable to see India through her lens. Also the fact her child is called India!!!

Rosanna is great friends with Pacho Jaipur the polo player, otherwise known as Maharajah Padmanabh Singh, the “king” of Jaipur. His net worth is reported to be in the billions. They go back a good few years and he has always made sure Rosanna and family have been looked after in Jaipur. He also listed an apartment in the Palace on Airbnb at £8k a NIGHT so I wonder if Rosanna is staying in a “kindly gifted” apartment…

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Although Venetia may not flaunt that wealth, I've always found that even in her attempts to seem more down to earth, she can't help but show her privilege. She did a YT video about how she had her wedding sustainably and was like, 'we had it at my parents house and the flower girl's dress was one my mum saved that was mine' - proceeds to show an amazing home/backyard and a designer dress her parents had the money to buy her at the time and the space/care to preserve for years. Stuff like that makes watching people who are into sustainability just as much of a fantasy as the ones who flaunt wealth like her sister.

• Heart
Yeah I stopped following her a while ago, she seems unbearable.
Her accent in that video seems put on - the over emphasising of the ts in particular, and the way she kept saying “the toddler”!!! Why not say my 2 year old more naturally?!
Venetia seems much more likeable IMO anyways.

Although Venetia may not flaunt that wealth, I've always found that even in her attempts to seem more down to earth, she can't help but show her privilege. She did a YT video about how she had her wedding sustainably and was like, 'we had it at my parents house and the flower girl's dress was one my mum saved that was mine' - proceeds to show an amazing home/backyard and a designer dress her parents had the money to buy her at the time and the space/care to preserve for years. Stuff like that makes watching people who are into sustainability just as much of a fantasy as the ones who flaunt wealth like her sister.
Yeah I think it’s the kind of flippant way she talks about things like that, like it’s the norm for everyone to have a massive country pile and be able to live the way she does…um no, most of us have to do the regular old 9-5…

I know this seems petty but Venetia always seems to have bare legs or short socks on. It’s mid November and I’d be absolutely freezing if I went out wearing what she does. Is it just me?

I know this seems petty but Venetia always seems to have bare legs or short socks on. It’s mid November and I’d be absolutely freezing if I went out wearing what she does. Is it just me?
Yes! I thought maybe I am just old (I am 36) just a slip dress, coat and boots... I would freeze

Yeah and that horrid (I assume fake) leather jacket she wears can’t be warm, it doesn’t look like it has a lining.

People have speculated before on this thread about her relationship with food. I wonder if she enjoys being kind of cold? When I was anorexic in my teen years I would always have my windows open in the middle of winter because I thought I could burn more calories that way.

• Sad