Vegans and Ex-vegans

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was always surprised about the large amounts of high quality groceries he bought year round. I know you can prioritize and spend less on clothes or travel, etc., but you need to have a solid income to be that carefree about consuming several kilos of tropical fruit, avocados, and masses of nut butters on a daily basis.

I get that it was difficult for Miles to own up to his addiction while it was happening, but I'm still upset about the many ways in which he lied to his followers. He once spoke about how his life must look like a holiday to others, because he only showed himself lounging in the sun with Jil, eating lots of fruit, when in fact most moments of his days were filled with work (whatever that means... I have no idea what he actually does). But truthfully, according to his latest video, the moments he showed must have been the few ones in which he wasn't experiencing severe pain. So many things don't add up. The feedback under his video is extremely positive and supportive, but I feel that it will be difficult to really trust Miles after this. It's like he is wiping the slate clean with the admission of his chemical dependency, but actually he is not.
He's broken a lot of trust with people like us who maybe used to watch him back before all this. I wish him well, but I won't be going back to watching his content

Reactions: 8
I love emily ewing! Her videos are always so relaxing. Also highly recommend abetweene, her WIEIAD videos are so well made and her recipes are fantastic

Anyone here watch wearilive? So bummed she's so longer vegan

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Anyone else sick of Sustainably Vegan's poorly or completely undisclosed ads?
Not me.. I have a lot of time for her for various reasons.. also she's usually v good at declaring her ads and IF this was an ad nothing felt like an ad to me or if we were being sold anything. I think it must be a nightmare to try and talk about your self and what you use etc without it being claimed as an ad...i have no idea how they do it. I genuinely think that this was just like chatting and recommending to a friend and there was no sponsorship to it

EDIT just rewatched and there clearly is - as there was yesterday - an includes paid promotion marker in the top left!

EDIT just rewatched and there clearly is - as there was yesterday - an includes paid promotion marker in the top left!
I hate the marker in the corner, it's so easy to miss and ultimately I think #Ad should be in the thumbnail or the title of the video. The ASA guidelines are a bit looser than that but soon presumably she wont have to answer to them at all if she's moving to the US?

I'm finding her content increasingly irritating tbh. I appreciate that she does really well to live with so little waste, but this 'slow-living' stuff is only doable if you don't have a real job. I still like her discussion videos, but there was one a while back where she recommended a bank account that wasn't a bank account (thereby not giving as many consumer protections) but neglected to explain that in the video. Luckily her subscribers were on it in the comments, but I really don't think influencers should be recommending financial products at all. I think the eco-influencers get way more of a free pass than other influencers as they're deemed to be more ethical.

Reactions: 3
I hate the marker in the corner, it's so easy to miss and ultimately I think #Ad should be in the thumbnail or the title of the video. The ASA guidelines are a bit looser than that but soon presumably she wont have to answer to them at all if she's moving to the US?

I'm finding her content increasingly irritating tbh. I appreciate that she does really well to live with so little waste, but this 'slow-living' stuff is only doable if you don't have a real job. I still like her discussion videos, but there was one a while back where she recommended a bank account that wasn't a bank account (thereby not giving as many consumer protections) but neglected to explain that in the video. Luckily her subscribers were on it in the comments, but I really don't think influencers should be recommending financial products at all. I think the eco-influencers get way more of a free pass than other influencers as they're deemed to be more ethical.
i admit the financial stuff passes me by. I wouldn't be looking at financial advice from anyone other than a qualified independent financial advisor I had engaged with if I did have money.

Does anyone watch Vegan Beauty Girl? I quite like her content but the way she eats and pouts for the camera grates on me a bit.
Your comment is months old but I stumbled across it because I was searching to see if anyone had mentioned this exact thing already! I really like her but the pouting, especially while she's literally eating, is off-putting.

Anyone else sick of Sustainably Vegan's poorly or completely undisclosed ads?
Also yes, are we the same person :ROFLMAO: noticed this with a lot of her videos recently!

After someone recommended her I've been watching vegan Bodega, she's so nice

Reactions: 1
After someone recommended her I've been watching vegan Bodega, she's so nice
it might have been me.. she really is a nice girl. I have chatted to her on dm a few times.. so genuine and love how realistic she is with leftovers. meal prep and things like this was awful but i spent money on it so ill still eat it etc

• Heart
Your comment is months old but I stumbled across it because I was searching to see if anyone had mentioned this exact thing already! I really like her but the pouting, especially while she's literally eating, is off-putting.

Also yes, are we the same person :ROFLMAO: noticed this with a lot of her videos recently!
At least it's not just me! VBG has now gone full-time influencer so my days of liking her are numbered. Happens with all of them.

it might have been me.. she really is a nice girl. I have chatted to her on dm a few times.. so genuine and love how realistic she is with leftovers. meal prep and things like this was awful but i spent money on it so ill still eat it etc
Well, thank you for recommending her to me. She's really lovely and just so down to earth and realistic and not super fuzzy, not just eating spinach and kale smoothies and I love that. She seems like such a cool woman and she's very pretty as well. From what I have seen her boyfriend is really nice as well. Seriously thank you for recommending her to me, really good addition to my vegan youtubers list!

Any other recommendations? Or other people we want to talk about?

Well, thank you for recommending her to me. She's really lovely and just so down to earth and realistic and not super fuzzy, not just eating spinach and kale smoothies and I love that. She seems like such a cool woman and she's very pretty as well. From what I have seen her boyfriend is really nice as well. Seriously thank you for recommending her to me, really good addition to my vegan youtubers list!

Any other recommendations? Or other people we want to talk about?
I like Jess Beautician, Pick Up Limes, and Good Eatings for recipes. No drama, just well-filmed, quality food content and delicious, realistic recipes. I like Cheap Lazy Vegan, Mina Rome, Melis Ustun, and Waffles with Leila for down-to-earth, realistic vlogs and recipes too.

Sorry to bring it back to Vegan Beauty Girl again but I hate it when Youtubers film inside other people's houses and upload it to their channel! It's so inappropriate.

Love seeing the recommendations on here, I'll check some of them out :)

I like Jess Beautician, Pick Up Limes, and Good Eatings for recipes. No drama, just well-filmed, quality food content and delicious, realistic recipes. I like Cheap Lazy Vegan, Mina Rome, Melis Ustun, and Waffles with Leila for down-to-earth, realistic vlogs and recipes too.
Seconded on Pick Up LImes and Good Eatings.. both also come across as really nice

Vegan Beauty Girl's latest video is an unboxing of the Holland and Barrett advent calendar with no AD or mention of the fact she was clearly sent it for review :rolleyes:

I did enjoy Sustainably Vegan's recent video about not being perfect about sustainability all the time. I'm really interested to see how her content changes when she moves to America.

Reactions: 3
Yeah I liked her video as well and it's important to reflect upon ourselves and see what we can and cannot improve. I have been reflecting a lot the last few months as well and have made quite some changes (I've been showering completely cold for a while now bc of gas, started making my own soy yoghurt...). But there are also things I simply can't help, like the amount of waste from medication. I am also depending on other people for groceries bc of my illness, so I can't help the amount of plastic I receive from fruit and veg.
I am also interested and curious to see how her content changes when she moves to America, I'm interested to see if she can maintain her lifestyle when she's with her partner now. I really enjoyed her long silentish meal prep video, it was really comforting. I love watching her make bread.

Reactions: 5
Vegan Beauty Girl's latest video is an unboxing of the Holland and Barrett advent calendar with no AD or mention of the fact she was clearly sent it for review :rolleyes:
She was very clearly reading from a script at points as well. At least she was critical in some places, made it feel a bit more genuine.

I would report some of these youtube channels who post undisclosed ads to ASA, but I don't think anything even happens?