Vegans and Ex-vegans

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could you recap?? I’m at work and can’t watch rn but would love to know the tea!!
Miles took Kratom (alongside diazepam and marijuana) for about 18 months to mitigate severe nerve pain. He became addicted and increased his dosage to the point of almost killing himself. He filmed his videos during the short highs / pain-free periods. He lost weight because his body could no longer absorb nutrients. He spent February in rehab. He is better now. He is still with Jil.

Reactions: 6
Miles took Kratom (alongside diazepam and marijuana) for about 18 months to mitigate severe nerve pain. He became addicted and increased his dosage to the point of almost killing himself. He filmed his videos during the short highs / pain-free periods. He lost weight because his body could no longer absorb nutrients. He spent February in rehab. He is better now. He is still with Jil.
Oh man that sounds rough. Thanks for the recap. That sounds absolutely horrible. I'm glad he went to rehab, I really hope he's actually doing better now and not pretend better. I wish him well. I hope Jill takes good care of him. He has so many issues, I hope he takes himself more serious from now on. I hope someone still guides him from day to day.

Reactions: 1
... When watching the video, I thought Kratom was a prescription opioid. I just read a little bit about it, and it turns out that kratom is a fairly unresearched plant substance which has not been proven to be safe or effective for any medical purpose, though it has been used in traditional medicine. The effects only partially compare to those of opioids. This is congruent with his anti-vax stance and generally knowing better than scientists and medical professionals. I can't believe Miles' hubris led him into such a dangerous situation.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
... When watching the video, I thought Kratom was a prescription opioid. I just read a little bit about it, and it turns out that kratom is a fairly unresearched plant substance which has not been proven to be safe or effective for any medical purpose, though it has been used in traditional medicine. The effects only partially compare to those of opioids. This is congruent with his anti-vax stance and generally knowing better than scientists and medical professionals. I can't believe Miles' hubris led him into such a dangerous situation.
Honestly, he's a bleeping idiot. He made a YT following primarily by offering a (probably pseudo) educated view on vegan nutrition, then he pulls tit like this. He shouldn't have any kind of platform, he thinks he knows better but look where it gets him.

I know he has a nutrition qualification of some sort, does anyone know if it's even legit? It's not like he's a dietician.

I can believe it. And I knew this was coming after his last video about drugs, I remember discussing it with someone at the time and saying he wasn't clean/sober which is why it was such a weird video (that I think he deleted pretty quickly).

This is congruent with his anti-vax stance and generally knowing better than scientists and medical professionals. I can't believe Miles' hubris led him into such a dangerous situation.
I can. It's not shocking to me. He always had a lot of medicine/herb(ish) issues. So i'm not surprised. His recklessness is surprising though. But at least he's open about it, I think that's brave. It's not easy to admit you're a bleeping idiot. But it also means he wasn't honest before about him losing weight was only because he stopped medication. Like yeahhhh but also because you started taking dangerous crap stuff.
With his huge anti-vax and i-know-better-than-anyone-else stance, is this really unbelievable?

Honestly, he's a bleeping idiot. He made a YT following primarily by offering a (probably pseudo) educated view on vegan nutrition, then he pulls tit like this. He shouldn't have any kind of platform, he thinks he knows better but look where it gets him.

I know he has a nutrition qualification of some sort, does anyone know if it's even legit? It's not like he's a dietician.
Agreed.
I don't think we can look up his creditials, but he said he worked in a hospital I believe? I do think he's educated, but I don't know how/where/how much. I don't want to discredit him without looking into it and I don't know how to.

Reactions: 2
I can believe it. And I knew this was coming after his last video about drugs, I remember discussing it with someone at the time and saying he wasn't clean/sober which is why it was such a weird video (that I think he deleted pretty quickly).
I think I missed that one.

He should really rename his channel since he's neither healthy nor cool. 'Crazy' has some connotations I'm not completely comfortable with in a youtube channel name.

• Heart
I can. It's not shocking to me. He always had a lot of medicine/herb(ish) issues. So i'm not surprised. His recklessness is surprising though. But at least he's open about it, I think that's brave. It's not easy to admit you're a bleeping idiot. But it also means he wasn't honest before about him losing weight was only because he stopped medication. Like yeahhhh but also because you started taking dangerous crap stuff.
With his huge anti-vax and i-know-better-than-anyone-else stance, is this really unbelievable?

Agreed.
I don't think we can look up his creditials, but he said he worked in a hospital I believe? I do think he's educated, but I don't know how/where/how much. I don't want to discredit him without looking into it and I don't know how to.
His credentials are worthless if he jeopardises a client's / patient's health by telling them (for example) to not get vaccinated, or to take some weird untested plant extract. The Covid-19 pandemic has shown that even highly specialized, reputable experts sometimes believe the biggest BS. Miles also disqualified himself by basically being a pothead. All this time he and Jil were acting holier-than-thou, talking about their spiritual growth, when actually they were just getting stoned every day. It's so embarrassing.

Reactions: 8
just off current topic but does anyone here watch Emily Ewing? I find her rather realistic ... also one I haven't seen on here is Vegan Bodegacat.. I find her very relatable ie she does food test videos and then actually eats the leftovers for the rest of the week etc like a normal person. she also does a series where she buys groceries for community fridges out of mostly her own money and she is not a very well off person..and her choices are always very well thought out

Last edited:
  • Heart
just off current topic but does anyone here watch Emily Ewing? I find her rather realistic ... also one I haven't seen on here is Vegan Bodegacat.. I find her very relatable ie she does food test videos and then actually eats the leftovers for the rest of the week etc like a normal person
No but Emily looks like someone I might enjoy- I'll watch a few of her videos.

Does anyone watch Vegan Beauty Girl? I quite like her content but the way she eats and pouts for the camera grates on me a bit.

just off current topic but does anyone here watch Emily Ewing? I find her rather realistic ... also one I haven't seen on here is Vegan Bodegacat.. I find her very relatable ie she does food test videos and then actually eats the leftovers for the rest of the week etc like a normal person. she also does a series where she buys groceries for community fridges out of mostly her own money and she is not a very well off person..and her choices are always very well thought out
I love Emily! She's so sweet and adorable, for some reason I just listen to hear talk about food for hours. Her sense of humor is a bit dry I think, I love it. She's very realistic indeed.
Who is vegan bodegacat?

His credentials are worthless if he jeopardises a client's / patient's health by telling them (for example) to not get vaccinated, or to take some weird untested plant extract. The Covid-19 pandemic has shown that even highly specialized, reputable experts sometimes believe the biggest BS. Miles also disqualified himself by basically being a pothead. All this time he and Jil were acting holier-than-thou, talking about their spiritual growth, when actually they were just getting stoned every day. It's so embarrassing.
He doesn't work there anymore, so it's not really an issue. I said worked, not works :giggle: ! That's why I think that at least he has some kind of formal education, otherwise hospitals won't hire you, that's why I didn't want to discredit his actual degree (whatever it is he has), that's what I was referring to! Hope it makes more sense now :giggle: Otherwise, you are absolutely right and I fully agree with you.

What does Jill do again for a living? I also wonder how much money Miles is making at this point? They seem to be living quite decently, but Miles's YT channel is not getting the views anymore it used to get, and what is Jill even doing? They seem to spend a lot of money on food and... well, herbs lol. How are they so well off?
And can you link me where you found on the information on the stuff he took? I'm interested in learning about it, if you are willing to share? :giggle:

I love Emily! She's so sweet and adorable, for some reason I just listen to hear talk about food for hours. Her sense of humor is a bit dry I think, I love it. She's very realistic indeed.
Who is vegan bodegacat?
New York based vegan Youtuber,, does what i eat in a week, taste tests, community fridge fills, tries new places to eat etc. very likeable and normal...

• Heart
Who is vegan bodegacat?

He doesn't work there anymore, so it's not really an issue. I said worked, not works :giggle: ! That's why I think that at least he has some kind of formal education, otherwise hospitals won't hire you, that's why I didn't want to discredit his actual degree (whatever it is he has), that's what I was referring to! Hope it makes more sense now :giggle: Otherwise, you are absolutely right and I fully agree with you.

What does Jill do again for a living? I also wonder how much money Miles is making at this point? They seem to be living quite decently, but Miles's YT channel is not getting the views anymore it used to get, and what is Jill even doing? They seem to spend a lot of money on food and... well, herbs lol. How are they so well off?
And can you link me where you found on the information on the stuff he took? I'm interested in learning about it, if you are willing to share? :giggle:
Yeah, I know, but he used to work with patients. Jil does her weird spiritual guidance online workshops for money. I don't know if she has any other source of income at the moment. I guess they both still do the occasional ad on Youtube or Instagram. I always thought Miles must have some money saved up from his career as an athlete, I'm sure he owns his house. I can't really see him paying the bills with Liquid Gold sales and Youtube sponsorships. And he was able to afford the private rehab clinic.
As for the kratom information, I just googled the term and also if there were any medical studies on it. x

• Heart
Yeah, I know, but he used to work with patients. Jil does her weird spiritual guidance online workshops for money. I don't know if she has any other source of income at the moment. I guess they both still do the occasional ad on Youtube or Instagram. I always thought Miles must have some money saved up from his career as an athlete, I'm sure he owns his house. I can't really see him paying the bills with Liquid Gold sales and Youtube

he always seems so frightfully middle class to me.. i assumed he came from money. Like his family were quite wealthy..

I think Miles could potentially have some inherited wealth/trust fund (just from reading between the lines of his older vids) and probably has money from his tennis career.

Aren't most people with a good tennis career from quite a wealthy background? Like you gotta have some money to fund such a career, right? Tennis lessons, especially at that level, are so expensive.

(*Of course there are exceptions, just generally speaking - tennis, like hockey, is for the rich)

I think I missed that one.
It was a while back, and wasn't up for long. He mentioned coming off all medications he was on or something and the vibes in the video were just really odd

I love Emily! Only thing that annoys me is because she's US based I can't try any of the brands she uses

Reactions: 3
he always seems so frightfully middle class to me.. i assumed he came from money. Like his family were quite wealthy..
I was always surprised about the large amounts of high quality groceries he bought year round. I know you can prioritize and spend less on clothes or travel, etc., but you need to have a solid income to be that carefree about consuming several kilos of tropical fruit, avocados, and masses of nut butters on a daily basis.

I get that it was difficult for Miles to own up to his addiction while it was happening, but I'm still upset about the many ways in which he lied to his followers. He once spoke about how his life must look like a holiday to others, because he only showed himself lounging in the sun with Jil, eating lots of fruit, when in fact most moments of his days were filled with work (whatever that means... I have no idea what he actually does). But truthfully, according to his latest video, the moments he showed must have been the few ones in which he wasn't experiencing severe pain. So many things don't add up. The feedback under his video is extremely positive and supportive, but I feel that it will be difficult to really trust Miles after this. It's like he is wiping the slate clean with the admission of his chemical dependency, but actually he is not.

• Heart
Reactions: 4