Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What does the Poke sauce taste like?
Like soy sauce had a glow-up 😁 slightly thicker consistency but still runny. I thought it would be hit or miss but it’s a really ‘inoffensive’ umami flavour and delicious. I’ll be using it on veggies now instead of the Knorr Liquid Seasoning 👍🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Got a bottle in the cupboard 😄 I love my condiments.
We now live in North Wales and when our son comes to visit he can't come through the door without some Hendos and some Maggie Tamarind Sauce. :) It is like living in the back of beyond here re Thai and Indian Spices in larger bags instead of little jars.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone tried the Pizza Hut 'Pepperphoni' pizza in restaurant? Must admit I'd get it with normal cheese.

Reactions: 1
Are the BK actually properly vegan though ? The last one was plant based but cooked with the meat so wasn’t actually vegan despite being plant based.
Yes the royale and nuggets are certified vegan. The rebel whopper isn't because it's cooked with the meat.

Let us know how it is? I haven't tried their Great Imitator yet either.
It was ok. I'd eat it again but it feels like a backwards step as it's just a mushy vegetable patty. Husband liked it more than I did.

I've had the imitator and I'm not a fan although they now say it isn't vegan due to the possibility of shellac from lemons being there. Which is stupid.

My local McDonalds finally has the McPlant..... I think today might be the day I give it a try 😁

I am absolutely losing my tit over the peppered, mushroom and garlic wurst ‘ham’ packs that Lidl have in atm. I grew up in Germany and my school lunches were liverwurst sandwiches - I’ve not tasted anything like it since I went veggie! So good! I’m actually going to cry when they stop stocking it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I am really enjoying snacking on seaweed at the moment! A great way to get omegas too x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm normally disappointed in Aldi as I can never find the good stuff but today I found a tonne of the plant menu stuff. I just picked up a few bits but there was seriously loads of stuff.
Those brioche rolls are dangerous 🤤

Reactions: 4
Had the Papa John's last night, it was ok. The pizza could have been baked for a bit longer, it was a bit pale. I had the vegan garden party. The vegan cheese was OK but nothing special. I actually didn't like the nuggets as much as last year. I think it is because they were one of the very first meat subs I had last year but since I have tried so many more now and love most of Vivera products, my palate has changed? To be honest, they were fine, but similarly to the pizza, could have been cooked for longer. The whole meal was OK but didn't quite hit the spot. We don't have too many takeaways so next time I have some Papa J's, will probably be next January :D
I met up with a friend today and had a McPlant. It made up for last night.
Also, I have been veggie for a year now - go me! 😇 Probably not going vegan any time soon but I am enjoying Veganuary at the moment. Made minestrone couple of times this week and my plan in general is to try and cook more vegan dishes from scratch and not rely on meat replacements all the time. Wish me luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Had the Papa John's last night, it was ok. The pizza could have been baked for a bit longer, it was a bit pale. I had the vegan garden party. The vegan cheese was OK but nothing special. I actually didn't like the nuggets as much as last year. I think it is because they were one of the very first meat subs I had last year but since I have tried so many more now and love most of Vivera products, my palate has changed? To be honest, they were fine, but similarly to the pizza, could have been cooked for longer. The whole meal was OK but didn't quite hit the spot. We don't have too many takeaways so next time I have some Papa J's, will probably be next January :D
Also, I have been veggie for a year now - go me! 😇 Probably not going vegan any time soon but I am enjoying Veganuary at the moment. Made minestrone couple of times this week and my plan in general is to try and cook more vegan dishes from scratch and not rely on meat replacements all the time. Wish me luck!
Happy veggie-versary 😁

The Papa John's sides are never cooked enough for me, I like my cauliflower and my nuggets to be crispy. Their vegan pizza is my favourite though, and my partner likes their meat pizzas so it's a nice easy option that we both like!

Just seconding @Tom_Nook, happy veggie-versary, @martaS! <3 That's great! And such a shame about Papa John's - they're usually my go-to for vegan pizza and I always get the garden party too! I LOVE their marmite scrolls though, I can easily finish a box. I remember during the first lockdown Pizza Hut was doing this gorgeous BBQ jackfruit pizza which I loved; I'm not a big fan of meat substitutes in general so this was a great option but I feel they've discontinued it? And Pizza Hut's deals are never as good as PJs or Dominos...

Has anyone tried the new Krispy Kremes? Have my eye on the apple one!

Has anyone tried the new Krispy Kremes? Have my eye on the apple one!
Yes, the apple ones are really really good. Wasn't a fan of the other two, bit sweet for me. The glazed ring ones are good though.

I had one of these in a baguette with lettuce and hellman's chipotle mayo for tea and it was so good!!!
C9A7D664-9F12-4480-8AF9-D7D9662BBDC6.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I had the M&S plant kitchen VLT on the train home earlier and it was a bit disappointing. I think the bacon 🥓 would be nice on its own but the whole thing was a bit soggy and meh.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.