Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like The Protein Works range, I used to buy MyProtein but they didn’t do a birthday cake flavour 🍰

Just went to Lidl to buy more bits, it’s only the 12th and they’ve taken “once it’s gone it’s gone” to the extreme. Naff all left except those awful Gosh bites they always have 😖 I’m not even going to bother with there or aldi in future, giveth and taketh away. Might do an M&S order via Ocado.

Reactions: 3
I prefer Oatein Chocoholic (vegan) and Birthday Cake or Salty Caramel (vegetarian) myself. I was surprised how many protein bars aren't vegetarian after I'd been eating them 😭

I use the My Vegan Soy Isolate powder in Salted caramel which is lovely with coconut milk and the texture is decent. I've also got the My Vegan Protein Blend in strawberry, but I prefer the other one. I've also had the protein bars a few times- nice but powdery. Some of their products are foul, like the BCAAs- unnecessary anyway. I usually get a massive discount code some way or another, which makes me think their full prices are way above what they should be.

I tried the Misfits bars on an introductory offer and some of the flavours were really good, so I might order again.

I tried the new Aldi Plant Menu cheddar yesterday in a grilled cheese. It doesn't melt as well as others, but it wasn't bad at all.

Reactions: 1
The speculoos misfits bars are good but all the other ones I've tried are just dry, powdery, sadness.

re protein powder, I'm not a fan of most of them because they always just taste of sweetener but the protein works wonder shake is decent.

I really like The Protein Works range, I used to buy MyProtein but they didn’t do a birthday cake flavour 🍰

Just went to Lidl to buy more bits, it’s only the 12th and they’ve taken “once it’s gone it’s gone” to the extreme. Naff all left except those awful Gosh bites they always have 😖 I’m not even going to bother with there or aldi in future, giveth and taketh away. Might do an M&S order via Ocado.
Just got back from lidl and hardly anything in ours too

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I’ve just bought these from Morrisons - £2 each. Also all gluten free!! Major bonus for me.
C423D7BA-F3AF-4D32-BAA4-BE49EBFD5A2D.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Tried the mcplant today and felt it was just meh. They missed off half the ingredients so it was just ketchup, patty, cheese and lettuce, would try again if made properly but I’m not excited to eat it again.
Every veganuary I always think I end up eating loads more fake meat than I normally would and neglect actual vegetables 😂

• Sad
Every veganuary I alternate between getting all excited at the new food on offer and getting resentful and going "where were you in September? Didn't care about us then!"

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Not sure. I do love the royale and it's the same brand. Mine were overcooked which maybe contributed to them not being that good. Every review I've seen of them has been a rave!
Ah they’re on my list to try next! I haven’t even tried the royale yet actually maybe I’ll get that instead.

Reactions: 2
I wish Lidl would at least keep the cold cuts all year round or at least give it a go. Surely some of their range would sell fine regularly.

Can anyone recommend a fake beef or other roast type thing to have along with a good gravy? Thank you.

I wish Lidl would at least keep the cold cuts all year round or at least give it a go. Surely some of their range would sell fine regularly.
That’s why I went to Lidl a second time because of @WeepingCassandra rave review of them but there wasn’t any. They have some awful meat cold cuts surely one pack of vegan ham could be squeezed in. Where do they get it from for these one off times?

@Mustard I was going to recommend the Plant Chef one but seems that was just a Christmas thing. Could you make your own meatloaf in a tin with Beyond Meat? https://www.karissasvegankitchen.com/impossible-burger-meatloaf/

That’s why I went to Lidl a second time because of @WeepingCassandra rave review of them but there wasn’t any. They have some awful meat cold cuts surely one pack of vegan ham could be squeezed in. Where do they get it from for these one off times?

@Mustard I was going to recommend the Plant Chef one but seems that was just a Christmas thing. Could you make your own meatloaf in a tin with Beyond Meat? https://www.karissasvegankitchen.com/impossible-burger-meatloaf/
Thanks, will have a look. Does Linda McCartney do anything like that? I listened to a podcast where Paul and Mary McCartney were interviewed by Jessie Ware and her mother. The mother rated the mince from Linda. Never tried it. I do/did love meatloaf. A meatloaf sandwich would be made with leftovers. My mother used to add chopped tinned mushrooms sometimes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Can anyone recommend a fake beef or other roast type thing to have along with a good gravy? Thank you.
Would the Linda McCartney ones be any good? I can only find a chicken one but there's usually another one

There's these but they don't show up on my tesco, sainsburys or asda apps so unsure if they are still about

Attachments

Can anyone recommend any vegan (dairy free) cheese spread!!? Currently have violife and hoping this ain’t as good as it gets 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.