Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just made my first vegan stir fry using this...it was absolutely lovely! Even my daughter ate it all and she's usually quite fussy. £2 a pack @ tesco if you have a clubcard until 16th Nov 👍

16354390421157876705676352744325.jpg

Reactions: 10
I made such a quick tasty dinner tonight using the Vivera plant bacon.
I cooked up some penne in one pan and in the other I fried the bacon in plant butter (had ran out of olive oil) then added 2 garlic cloves and cooked them off. I then chucked in 1/2 a mug of the pasta water, mixed it all up then added a tin of chopped tomatoes. After a couple of minutes i added in the pasta and some black pepper. Both kids said it was so tasty so it must have been good 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I made such a quick tasty dinner tonight using the Vivera plant bacon.
I cooked up some penne in one pan and in the other I fried the bacon in plant butter (had ran out of olive oil) then added 2 garlic cloves and cooked them off. I then chucked in 1/2 a mug of the pasta water, mixed it all up then added a tin of chopped tomatoes. After a couple of minutes i added in the pasta and some black pepper. Both kids said it was so tasty so it must have been good 😂
Sounds lovely! I think it could also be nice with their mince ☺

I made kind-of -carbonara with those "This isn't" lardons. Cooked some spaghetti in one pan, while sautéing mushrooms (just basic mushrooms cut in quarters) in a frying pan until a little brown. I then removed the mushrooms from the pan, fried the lardons according to instructions on the packet, added mushrooms back in, added cream (non-vegan but if you know a good vegan option that cooks well, do replace), cooked until it started to thicken and added some dried herbs and coarsely ground black pepper. I added the spaghetti with half a cup of pasta water and mixed everything well. It was delicious! The lardons were nice and chewy. Boyfriend loved it too! (He's a massive meat-eater).

Reactions: 2
I had the White Rabbit vegan and gluten free margarita pizza as a treat tonight. It was really tasty.
When I was in Aldi earlier I saw No duck spring rolls in their freezer section as part of the party food range. Unfortunately they weren’t gluten free or I would have bought some.

Has anyone else tried VFC from Tesco? I’ve had the popcorn chicken and didn’t love it. It wasn’t with garlic Mayo and bbq sauce though so I’ll wait to try the burger

Just bought the hotel Chocolat vegan collection box reduced from £30 to £9 as their chocolate does taste higher quality and they don't have to add vanilla to enhance it

It says expiry end of November but apparently that's often just one of the items in it. Will report back after

Not sure how long stock will last

356756-all-dark-collection-NEW.jpg

Reactions: 5
Just bought the hotel Chocolat vegan collection box reduced from £30 to £9 as their chocolate does taste higher quality and they don't have to add vanilla to enhance it

It says expiry end of November but apparently that's often just one of the items in it. Will report back after

View attachment 859026
My boss buys me one of these most christmasses! It’s good!

• Heart
Reactions: 1

View attachment 859026
Damn, it’s gone 🥲 enjoy 🍫

Has anyone else tried VFC from Tesco? I’ve had the popcorn chicken and didn’t love it. It wasn’t with garlic Mayo and bbq sauce though so I’ll wait to try the burger
I was going to ask this, if anyone had tried any of the VFC range - so the popcorn chicken wasnt that good??

I was going to ask this, if anyone had tried any of the VFC range - so the popcorn chicken wasnt that good??
I think it was partly the condiments I had with it, I have half a bag left so will give it another try 🙂 I’d only buy on offer in future I think, though. I had the fillet the other night and that was good!

I've just discovered this thread (thanks @martaS for mentioning elsewhere!) And I'm trying to catch up on 39 pages :LOL: I'm glad to see the Richmond sausages are mentioned so many times :love:

Apologies if they've had a mention already but Aldi do some delicious refrigerated beetroot burgers. I'm a bit weird and don't like anything that too closely resembles meat but these are really tasty.

For now, my valuable contribution about vegan chocolate is that the Hotel Chocolat Nut Milk range is amazing and they've brought out some new items for Christmas so I might have to stock up (or wait for the sale after Christmas!).

Anyway I'll be here lurking and reading recommendations :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Beyond meat is my favourite and the most realistic but also probably the most expensive.
I’m not a vegan but I’m trying to be dairy free as I think my baby had CMPA. I’d already cut out some dairy anyway as I have oat milk and coconut collab yoghurt. I’ve bought some vegan butter too.

Where I keep falling flat is with cheese and chocolate. Any great vegan alternatives anyone can recommend?

on another note…The beyond meat burgers are excellent! I would happily never eat a real burger again.

Thanks @martaS for bringing me here too!
Really keen to try some of your recommendations, but I wondered if anyone has any recommendations for meat alternatives that aren't 'meat alternatives' if you know what I mean? I know I won't get my bf to try non-meat burgers/bacon etc but want to pad meals out with more than just veg and carbs

I’m not a vegan but I’m trying to be dairy free as I think my baby had CMPA. I’d already cut out some dairy anyway as I have oat milk and coconut collab yoghurt. I’ve bought some vegan butter too.

Where I keep falling flat is with cheese and chocolate. Any great vegan alternatives anyone can recommend?

on another note…The beyond meat burgers are excellent! I would happily never eat a real burger again.
I was DF for 17 months while feeding. It was a few years ago now and there is definitely more on the market than there was.

You can get vegan Bounty and Topic in the free from aisle of most supermarkets. Sainsburys have the plant based Dairy Milk and apparently it is Incredible.

I gave up cheese as I just couldnt get my head around the alternatives. The best for me was Asda own brand cheddar.

I was soya free aswell so it did limit me.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.