Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't like protein powder, to be honest it gives me awful wind or like you don't like the taste. I found this on the net a few weeks ago if it is any good to you.

you my friend are a super star!! This is right up my street! And I can have it for breakfast cause I bleeping hate breakfast

• Heart
Reactions: 1
does anyone know of any nice vegan protein powder that doesn't taste like clay?🤣 I'm not a big fan of protein in that way but I am really struggling to eat atm so I'm hoping that it can keep me going
I think they’re al gross but the vegan wonder shake from the protein works is definitely the least gross and least grainy I’ve tried. I find the chocolate flavours mask the taste the best.

• Heart
does anyone know of any nice vegan protein powder that doesn't taste like clay?🤣 I'm not a big fan of protein in that way but I am really struggling to eat atm so I'm hoping that it can keep me going
I've tried loads of different vegan protein powders and to be honest, a lot of them don't mix well or are artificially/sickeningly sweet. But I've found a few that have decent ingredients, texture/flavour and mix well in smoothies. I really love the MisfitsHealth salted caramel protein and Form Superblend Vanilla/Chocolate Salted Caramel (the superblend version comes fortified with various vitamins and minerals so it's a good all-round supplement; the Vanilla flavour is quite sweet but the chocolate is much more subtle and pleasant). Awesome Supplement's Vanilla and their Chocolate Salted Caramel flavours are also really smooth, not too sweet at all, and pleasant. Purition vegan powders are also tasty, not sweet at all, and good as nutritional supplements - I like the pistachio flavour and the beetroot chocolate one. I go between Form and MisfitsHealth protein powders on a regular basis, personally.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Has anyone tried the new frozen vegan burgers from aldi that are meant to rival the beyond burgers? £1.99 for 2. I saw them in store today but had my favourite Iceland ‘no bull’ ones in the freezer so left them for now.

Has anyone tried the new frozen vegan burgers from aldi that are meant to rival the beyond burgers? £1.99 for 2. I saw them in store today but had my favourite Iceland ‘no bull’ ones in the freezer so left them for now.
I didn't know they existed, will pick some up the next time ☺ thanks so much for the heads-up!

• Heart
No but I’m gonna look out for them this weekend.

• Heart
If anyone here uses Gousto, they have now started doing their vegan burgers on the marketplace, £2.50 for two. They are so good

Reactions: 3
you my friend are a super star!! This is right up my street! And I can have it for breakfast cause I bleeping hate breakfast
Ooh this looks great. Gonna give this a go.

They were out of stock last time I was in Aldi. Which maybe says something!

Sainsbury's have released their christmas food to order and their veg/vegan offerings don't look bad at all. They are Plant Pioneer ones, which I really like anyway. I think i'm going to get the no salmon en croute for christmas eve and the no beef wellington for christmas day with the vegan trimmings. I might even go mad and get the taste the difference truffled cauliflower cheese pie for boxing day (but that is not vegan, only veggie)

Ooh thanks for this. I never use Sainsbury's, but a lot of these look good! Might try the no turkey parcels for Christmas day as a change from our usual nut roast

I really like these and I believe they are vegan, even though it doesn’t say so
on the front label.
Omg I’m Jewish and was brought up on this brand of veggie food. The nuggets are my favourite ever and aren’t devoid of any flavour like the supermarket offerings. They used to have sesame seeds in the breadcrumbs but don’t anymore unfortunately. I think they’ve recently made everything vegan as most things used to have egg in. The burgers and schnitzels aren’t fool proof meat dupes like beyond burgers etc but they’re just so so good and flavoursome regardless. One of the two in a roll with plenty of ketchup used to be my favourite school lunch😂. Try everything you can get your hands on!!

• Heart
Omg I’m Jewish and was brought up on this brand of veggie food. The nuggets are my favourite ever and aren’t devoid of any flavour like the supermarket offerings. They used to have sesame seeds in the breadcrumbs but don’t anymore unfortunately. I think they’ve recently made everything vegan as most things used to have egg in. The burgers and schnitzels aren’t fool proof meat dupes like beyond burgers etc but they’re just so so good and flavoursome regardless. One of the two in a roll with plenty of ketchup used to be my favourite school lunch😂. Try everything you can get your hands on!!
Waitrose used to have their products online but not anymore near me. Ocado has a few of their lines. I’ve tried the frankfurters, the burgers and the schnitzels. 😋 Are they sold in Jewish delis?

Waitrose used to have their products online but not anymore near me. Ocado has a few of their lines. I’ve tried the frankfurters, the burgers and the schnitzels. 😋 Are they sold in Jewish delis?
Yes you’ll find plenty in Jewish delis! You’ll probably find quite a lot of vegan/veggie items if you’re local to a Jewish deli because of the biblical rule that meat and milk can’t be mixed - observant Jews would have to use vegan cheese and béchamel on a lasagne or vegan mince if they wanted to use dairy cheese. If you don’t eat any animal products, just be careful that the dairy free stuff doesn’t have egg or fish in as it’s not all vegan. The kosher imitation chicken pot noodles are also amazing, especially if you’re feeling under the weather😌

Aldi have published their Christmas food - Veggie and Vegan. Available nearer to Christmas.

We live in a world with so many vegan bacon options, even aldi itself has its own version, so WHY are the pigs in blankets in pastry?😭😭 I love a sausage roll but they’re not synonymous with pigs in blankets, at least not in the UK. I’ve never actually had a real pig in blanket😬

Last edited:
My advice would be to give up cheese completely just for a while. Vegan cheese isn’t great but once you stop trying to find something exactly like the dairy version I think you can appreciate it it. I didn’t eat vegan cheese for about 6 months because it made me gag 😂 I still don’t love it but it does have its place now.
I second this! You need to go completely cold turkey on cheese 🤣 then after about 6 month's you forget what normal cheese tastes like and the vegan versions become more acceptable.

I don’t eat loads of vegan cheese now but obv have it on pizzas and I like the applewood smoked for toasties.

I don’t know if I’ll ever have the willpower to go cold turkey on cheese😬😬😬.
I’ve seen on Instagram that sainsburys are bringing out vegan salmon. Someone needs to take one for the team and see what it’s like please !!

I don’t know if I’ll ever have the willpower to go cold turkey on cheese😬😬😬.
I’ve seen on Instagram that sainsburys are bringing out vegan salmon. Someone needs to take one for the team and see what it’s like please !!
I got a brand of vegan salmon (name escapes me now) from The Vegan Kind and it was vile 🤢 Do not have high hopes for this unfortunately.

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Oh I still have a tin of ‘tuno’ tuna in my cupboard. Not sure I dare. Never tried real tuna but the smell is vile.

Oh I still have a tin of ‘tuno’ tuna in my cupboard. Not sure I dare. Never tried real tuna but the smell is vile.
sorry in advance but it's rank. The smell of it is gross enough to put you off tbh. Neither my mum or I enjoyed it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.