Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Medical grade lactose should be ok for those who are allergic to dairy / lactose is what I was told by my dietician.

Not any good for vegans though :(

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Does anyone have a good, easy small-batch recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies? (preferably using coconut oil as I've run out of vegan butter...)

Does anyone have a good, easy small-batch recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies? (preferably using coconut oil as I've run out of vegan butter...)
Chocolate Covered Katie has a recipe for some using oil. She also has a recipe using vegan butter. I haven’t tried either. The ones using oil are called either crispy chocolate chip cookies or the best healthy chocolate chip cookies. There may be more.

Reactions: 1
Chocolate Covered Katie has a recipe for some using oil. She also has a recipe using vegan butter. I haven’t tried either. The ones using oil are called either crispy chocolate chip cookies or the best healthy chocolate chip cookies. There may be more.
Thank you, will check it out!

I think I’ve said it before in this thread but I definitely recommend giving up cheese for a while before trying the vegan alternatives as they’re not the best, yet.
Totally agree with this. Vegan cheese tastes nothing like actual cheese & was the hardest for me to adjust to. The violife epic mature cheddar block is very decent, but again, not like actual cheese.

Reactions: 3
Totally agree with this. Vegan cheese tastes nothing like actual cheese & was the hardest for me to adjust to. The violife epic mature cheddar block is very decent, but again, not like actual cheese.
It took me quite a while to accept vegan cheese and back then our options were just sheese and cheezly. 😂 I hated them. Now I still don’t love them but I appreciate them for what they are and violife epic mature is my go to as well.

Reactions: 3
I have decided that the only vegan cheese I like is the AppleWood smoked grated one, I can only eat it melted though!

I've been making vegan nachos with it,
Tesco nachos
Salsa
Tesco vegan sour cream
Lots of jalapenos
And the AppleWood smoked

👌🏻👌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I have decided that the only vegan cheese I like is the AppleWood smoked grated one, I can only eat it melted though!

Tesco nachos
Salsa
Tesco vegan sour cream
Lots of jalapenos
And the AppleWood smoked

👌🏻👌🏻
I've just had it in a toastie with the smoked vegan quorn ham :love:

• Heart

Tesco nachos
Salsa
Tesco vegan sour cream
Lots of jalapenos
And the AppleWood smoked

👌🏻👌🏻
Tesco do vegan soured cream?????!!!!

I also love the applewood but only melted 😂

Last night I put this in my mashed potatoes instead of butter and it was top notch. Highly recommend! I love it anyway but adding it to the mash was deffo one of my better ideas!

96E069BE-1B9D-4B0E-ACA4-1397AC638EFE.jpeg

• Heart
Has anybody else tried the Garden Gourmet mince from Tesco? Flavour wise, its okay, but I found it really hard to break up in the pan while making bolognese. It was like cooking a big lump of mush and it didn't go bitty like other minces do when you start heating it up. I gave up and some of the chunks of mince were so big that it was almost like having chopped up burger in spaghetti:oops:. I knew I should've played it safe with the Richmond one but it was on offer and you got more in the packet so we live and we learn😂. I'm no Gordon Ramsey so could just be down to me being lazy and not being persistent enough with breaking it up but I've never had the same problem with Richmond, Future Farm, or the late and great Naked Glory Mince (rip).

• Wow
I found this in Tesco and had to buy it.... it's basically just a rich chocolate and orange mousse but I'd recommend to anyone else who loves the chocolate and orange combination. Now I need to eat 4-6 portions over the next few days :LOL:

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Has anybody else tried the Garden Gourmet mince from Tesco? Flavour wise, its okay, but I found it really hard to break up in the pan while making bolognese. It was like cooking a big lump of mush and it didn't go bitty like other minces do when you start heating it up. I gave up and some of the chunks of mince were so big that it was almost like having chopped up burger in spaghetti:oops:. I knew I should've played it safe with the Richmond one but it was on offer and you got more in the packet so we live and we learn😂. I'm no Gordon Ramsey so could just be down to me being lazy and not being persistent enough with breaking it up but I've never had the same problem with Richmond, Future Farm, or the late and great Naked Glory Mince (rip).
Yes! I've had this issue previously as well and wondered how I was going wrong....

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.