Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just remembered, Rachel Ama has just released a One Pot cookbook and I'm sure a lot of the recipes could lend themselves well to instant pot/crock pot cooking. I haven't gotten my hands on it yet but her recipes from youtube are great for quick weeknight dinners.

Would you pay 18 pounds for a recipe book where you can find the recipies on the interntet - I paid 99p for the Kindle version of her first cook book. I am now not happy with her - she said she would post each week on youtube but she has posted about twice during the last year and now she has published her book - she is using her youtube to make money from a book.
She was on This Morning this week to publish her book - she can keep it

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Hi, does anyone have any good slow cooker recipes? My girls dance has moved times so need some quick meals
I make Dahl quite a lot and then freeze it for work lunches! So easy to do and there will be a million recipes online if you just Google. Pretty much any Dahl recipe you could just throw in the slow cooker!

Yel

Does anyone else wonder why chicory fibre is in so many sweet vegan things these days?

Apparently it's fine to eat in small amounts, but I could easily have several bars a day that contain it.

Love this cookie dough bar, on offer for 1.50 at wholefoods
Screenshot_20210904-140319_Chrome.jpg

Could anyone recommend the best mince? My 10 year old has decided to go vegetarian and we’re doing it all together to support him. Not a fan of Quorn mince. I like Vivera but it’s too expensive to feed 4. What’s the Meatless Farm one like?
I know this post is months old but I just had the Iceland No Bull mince and it was really good. I fried it to quite brown first with garlic and Henderson’s then added it to a veg sauce. Similar in texture to old style soya mince.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
I know this post is months old but I just had the Iceland No Bull mince and it was really good. I fried it to quite brown first with garlic and Henderson’s then added it to a veg sauce. Similar in texture to old style soya mince.
I can't eat any of the soya mince and balls as they give me dreadful wind as does quorn but Bull burgers are fine - will go and have a look for this in Iceland. Guess you must be in Yorkshire with the reference to Hendos. :)

Reactions: 3
Waiting for them to go on offer 🤪 I’ve heard good things, but can’t justify the full price.
Look on Ocado now. I had the Texan ones in my Ocado delivery today for £2 but it was missing from the bag with freezer food in it. 😒it was supposed to be my dinner. Now the offer is 5 for a tenner.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Anyone tried any of these?
Read the reviews at Tesco for Heinz Burgers, not brilliant. --- Not tasty at all!! Texture is rough and there is so little flavour. Back to the kitchen Heinz!! ...... These were very peppery and the texture very mushy with the occasional firm bean. I like most Heinz products but this one was very disappointing.

Does any one remember that come dine with me episode with the eccentric Francophile who made a baked bean patty for the veggie? I thought it looked rank and she raved about it so the Heinz ones remind me of that 😂 I might try a homemade version.

• Haha
Does any one remember that come dine with me episode with the eccentric Francophile who made a baked bean patty for the veggie? I thought it looked rank and she raved about it so the Heinz ones remind me of that 😂 I might try a homemade version.
I had a look at the ingredients and they are made from Borlotti and Black Beans.

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Hello, vegan for a decade and veggie for six years before that. Just parking myself here for the chat.

Someone I know works in the food industry and they were meeting with the Green Cuisine folk. I tried their burgers and said they were too meaty texture for me. They told them that and apparently they were kind of pleased by that feedback!

Can anyone recommend a good clustery vegan granola without refined sugar? I've had the Kellogg's Coconut Cashew no added sugar one which is nice, but want to try something new.

Hello, vegan for a decade and veggie for six years before that. Just parking myself here for the chat.

Someone I know works in the food industry and they were meeting with the Green Cuisine folk. I tried their burgers and said they were too meaty texture for me. They told them that and apparently they were kind of pleased by that feedback!
👋🏻👋🏻

I always want to try more of the Green Cuisine range because it’s frequently on offer but the calories/fat seem comparatively high with this brand. Didn’t rate the dippers, the crispy fillet looks nice but is 300cals and about 15g of fat 😣 I’d want two so never buy them.

Can anyone recommend a good clustery vegan granola without refined sugar? I've had the Kellogg's Coconut Cashew no added sugar one which is nice, but want to try something new.
Pretty sure that Lizi’s granola is vegan but not huge clusters.

I make my own and it doesn’t take very long.
150g oats, 100g mixed seeds, 100g pecan nuts. Mix it up with 40g coconut oil, a grated apple or apple purée and a squeeze of agave syrup.
Bake it at 150 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Once it’s cooled I add dried cranberries and apricots.
It tastes delicious and you can change the fruit and nuts to your preference.
This batch lasts me 10-14 days.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.