Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From a shop? I tried the vegan sausage roll from a Gregg’s shop before lockdown and thought it was just Ok. Quite dry. Don’t Iceland sell some of their products?
Yeah I got one from a Greggs shop in town. Not sure if Iceland will start doing them.

Reactions: 1
Is everything a £?
Pasties and sausage rolls etc are any two for £1 so you can mix and match. I think a pizza slice is £1. Not sure about the cakes and cookies or baguettes which don’t look as nice as the Greggs ones. Not been to Pound Bakery in ages as there aren’t many compared to the tens of Greggs in Manchester and Liverpool city centres but the veggie sausage rolls are very nice. I think they’re quite similar to the Linda McCartney ones that I haven’t had in ages either😊

Reactions: 2
Pasties and sausage rolls etc are any two for £1 so you can mix and match. I think a pizza slice is £1. Not sure about the cakes and cookies or baguettes which don’t look as nice as the Greggs ones. Not been to Pound Bakery in ages as there aren’t many compared to the tens of Greggs in Manchester and Liverpool city centres but the veggie sausage rolls are very nice. I think they’re quite similar to the Linda McCartney ones that I haven’t had in ages either😊
Thanks. Not tried the Linda McC sausage rolls.

Has anyone else tried the Notorious Nooch yet? Never really liked the Marigold(?) one, but this is very finely milled. I had the cheesy one on beans on marmite toast and it was amazing. Going to use the bacon in a carbonara or on some chilli
View attachment 663746
My fridge is also 75% sauces atm, can’t stop buying all the condiments 🤣 this is my fave right now, perfect with nuggets:

View attachment 663750
Just to say this nooch is brilliant - have had to order some more. Thanks for the recommendation.

• Heart
Had the greggs sausage, beans and cheese - I absolutely love it!!! Better than I thought it would be!

I heard they haven’t discontinued the steak bake, just taken it off during the launch of the SBC. Maybe to change the recipe slightly,

I think they need to keep both!

Reactions: 4
Could anyone recommend the best mince? My 10 year old has decided to go vegetarian and we’re doing it all together to support him. Not a fan of Quorn mince. I like Vivera but it’s too expensive to feed 4. What’s the Meatless Farm one like?
I love Co-op Gro mince. Hands down the best vegan mince I’ve used. Also the best Mayo has to be Follow your heart veganaise and aioli( garlic Mayo) superb. Way better than the sub par and expensive Hellman’s

I like this. Ocado and Holland and Barrett have it, and I think Amazon.
This is so handy! I used to order when I got prime orders. It reminds me of the M&S or Vivera mince because it’s so fine. I really don’t like the chunky supermarket own ones.

Hi, does anyone have any good slow cooker recipes? My girls dance has moved times so need some quick meals

Hi, does anyone have any good slow cooker recipes? My girls dance has moved times so need some quick meals
Nisha Vora has some great instant pot/slow cooker recipes. Her Indian curries especially are so good:

I like this recipe too: https://rainbowplantlife.com/vegan-instant-pot-mexican-rice-and-beans/
(I just sub the dried beans for 1-2 cans of Tesco's Mexican Beans/Taco Beans)

Caitlin Shoemaker has some good ones here too:

Reactions: 4
Nisha Vora has some great instant pot/slow cooker recipes. Her Indian curries especially are so good:

I like this recipe too: https://rainbowplantlife.com/vegan-instant-pot-mexican-rice-and-beans/
(I just sub the dried beans for 1-2 cans of Tesco's Mexican Beans/Taco Beans)

Caitlin Shoemaker has some good ones here too:
I have followed her for a long time and she is brilliant.
The Kindle edition of her Instant Pot cookbook is on offer on Amazon for 99p at the moment.

I very rarely us the slow cooker but there are loads of recipes on youtube.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
How long does the instant pot take? We'll be out 4-6.30, was thinking things like a chilli so I can put a microwave rice in and dinner on the table within 5 mins

[
How long does the instant pot take? We'll be out 4-6.30, was thinking things like a chilli so I can put a microwave rice in and dinner on the table within 5 mins
Do you have an Instant Pot electric pressure cooker ? They take about an hour from start to finish, the actual cooking time is on this recipe if you want to take a look at it. I cook mine earlier then just reheat in the microwave and freeze what is left over.

Yep, like @rivermonster said, it's often around an hour but sometimes even less! I sometimes make a very quick mexican chilli and rice by dumping spices, white rice, a can of Tesco chilli/taco beans and peppers, corn etc in the instant pot with veggie stock, and it's done in about half an hour start to finish. Meals like this are great for batch cooking and freezing too.

This is another good one you could try making in the instant pot instead of oven (I've made it just in a rice cooker before)...

Just remembered, Rachel Ama has just released a One Pot cookbook and I'm sure a lot of the recipes could lend themselves well to instant pot/crock pot cooking. I haven't gotten my hands on it yet but her recipes from youtube are great for quick weeknight dinners.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.