Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys, thank you for all the non-meat-replacement ideas for vegan mince, I will definitely try lentils + walnuts, or mushrooms and chestnuts :love::love::love:

Reactions: 5
Thank you ❤ I'm going to take a look tomorrow ..I've made it my mission to try out as many of the different chocolates as possible 🤣
You’re so welcome ❤ I honestly had to double check it was vegan it was that realistic to actual milk chocolate 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 4
What are they made of/what's the protein?
Re m and s fish free goujons - We had them a couple of weeks ago and I can remember the main thing in them was rice and seaweed but can't find them on the net. My hubby said they were claggy and would not have them again and I though they were just ok. Think they were £3 for 6 pieces.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Any vegetarian or vegan pepperoni recommendations? Doesn't have to be identical to the real thing as I've never had it but I'm fed up of frozen cheese and tomato pizzas and am not a fan of heated up peppers which eliminates all of the vegetable pizza options 😂 I can never find the quorn pepperoni in any supermarket

Reactions: 1
Any vegetarian or vegan pepperoni recommendations? Doesn't have to be identical to the real thing as I've never had it but I'm fed up of frozen cheese and tomato pizzas and am not a fan of heated up peppers which eliminates all of the vegetable pizza options 😂 I can never find the quorn pepperoni in any supermarket
I used to get some in Whole Foods when I worked near one. Bloody expensive but really nice. Can’t remember the brand sorry!

I used to get some in Whole Foods when I worked near one. Bloody expensive but really nice. Can’t remember the brand sorry!
Don’t think we get Whole Foods up north…. Oh well I’ll have to keep an eye out for the quorn one😌

@orlyb1310 Spotted these at Tesco today, not sure if they'll hit the mark for you but you never know. Haven't tried them, I'm afraid. Not entirely sure if they're trying to be pepperoni but the name would indicate so?
IMG_20210615_192958.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
@orlyb1310 Spotted these at Tesco today, not sure if they'll hit the mark for you but you never know. Haven't tried them, I'm afraid. Not entirely sure if they're trying to be pepperoni but the name would indicate so?
View attachment 619266
They look like fridge raiders, my 2 will like those. Wonder what squeaky bean slices on pizza would be like?

Managed to get my hands on the vegan KitKat at Sainsbury's today and am very pleasantly surprised! Tastes exactly like how I remember it - I'd be hard-pressed to tell the difference between the original and vegan versions. And KitKat used to be my favourite chocolate snack pre-vegan!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
View attachment 619266
They look more like chicken to me but excited to try these nonetheless!! The vegan fridge raiders look to be more vegetable based rather than a chicken alternative and none of the flavours appealed to me so these look right up my street😍😍 surely they’ll come out with an actual vegan sausage peperami in the near future if the brand is venturing into plant based products

• Heart
They look more like chicken to me but excited to try these nonetheless!! The vegan fridge raiders look to be more vegetable based rather than a chicken alternative and none of the flavours appealed to me so these look right up my street😍😍 surely they’ll come out with an actual vegan sausage peperami in the near future if the brand is venturing into plant based products
If you like cooking there are a few recipes on the net for pepperoni, I have made seitan types and you can also use tofu.

• Heart
DFB201E2-AC07-44F7-9436-17B25E0F0FB4.jpeg

i tried these today and liked them. They are quite pricey though. I made a meatball and tomato sandwich on a ciabatta roll. Would welcome any other meatball recommendations.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
View attachment 635945

i tried these today and liked them. They are quite pricey though. I made a meatball and tomato sandwich on a ciabatta roll. Would welcome any other meatball recommendations.
Haven't tried these yet. My absolute favourite ones are the Future Farm meatballs. They are tasty and really close to real meat both in appearance, taste and texture. A bit pricey too but definitely the best meat-free replacement in my opinion.

Haven't tried these yet. My absolute favourite ones are the Future Farm meatballs. They are tasty and really close to real meat both in appearance, taste and texture. A bit pricey too but definitely the best meat-free replacement in my opinion.
Thanks. Where do you get those from? These were £4 from Ocado. I fried them for a bit, then added some water and stock to keep them moist and cooked further. Will probably add some passata next time.

Thanks. Where do you get those from? These were £4 from Ocado. I fried them for a bit, then added some water and stock to keep them moist and cooked further. Will probably add some passata next time.
So sorry but I can't help you with that as I'm not in the UK. :( I googled and it looks like Sainsbury's and TheVeganKind Supermarket carry them though but I'm sure other shops do too. They were launched earlier this year so it might take a while until they are widely available. I had them in some tomato sauce and spaghetti. Delicious!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.