Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello I’ve been vegetarian and vegan for years previously but stopped due to an e.d. I’m doing better now so I’m changing to vegetarian/vegan for hopefully good now been looking at some products here and it all looks so good. I’m leaning more towards vegan but I will miss Halloumi.
Does anyone remember the alpro mango or passion fruit go on pots? Tried to order one from Asda but they had none 😔
I bought one in Sainsbury’s the other day

Can’t work out how to quote twice but thank you both I’ve missed the alpro go on pots!
they seem to have rebranded them as ‘Greek style’ but hopefully you can get them as they are so nice!

tried the rest of the dip with lentil bites today- a bit better but still really harsh!

thé co-op sticky toffee pudding was ok, but I forgot to buy any custard, I reckon it’d begood with a bit of extra ‘moistness’ from custard (sorry for using that word!)

i had it after a sticky mushroom bosh recipe that’s been in my Instagram saves since 2017. It was ok but i think it’d be better if I eyeballled the ingredients rather than follow the recipe of that makes sense.

Reactions: 1
they seem to have rebranded them as ‘Greek style’ but hopefully you can get them as they are so nice!

tried the rest of the dip with lentil bites today- a bit better but still really harsh!

thé co-op sticky toffee pudding was ok, but I forgot to buy any custard, I reckon it’d begood with a bit of extra ‘moistness’ from custard (sorry for using that word!)

i had it after a sticky mushroom bosh recipe that’s been in my Instagram saves since 2017. It was ok but i think it’d be better if I eyeballled the ingredients rather than follow the recipe of that makes sense.
These?

Attachments

Reactions: 3
These are supposed to be very tasty. I’m going to buy and to cook with some Quorn. And vegetables. Apparently nice with chips too.
CADE1773-794A-4E32-9D85-6DC4585634BA.jpeg
CA6A9A4D-79E8-4526-9ABC-BE31CEB0AD07.jpeg

I had Meatless Farm Shroom Dogs on my roast last night and omg, amazing. Great taste and very plump/meaty texture. I’m having them again for breakfast this morning on a bagel with guacamole 🤣 they were £2.50 from Sainsbury’s.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Did someone on here say about vegan pork pies? Quorn have just launched some
Screenshot_20210422-100201_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh, I haven't been to Morrison's in yonks! (We only have one in the next town and it didn't feel appropriate to drive there during lockdowns).

Has anyone tried the Aldi garlic kievs? I have bought some and the ingredients look very similar to M&S ones which get a lot of hype but which I haven't had a chance to try yet.

Oh, I haven't been to Morrison's in yonks! (We only have one in the next town and it didn't feel appropriate to drive there during lockdowns).

Has anyone tried the Aldi garlic kievs? I have bought some and the ingredients look very similar to M&S ones which get a lot of hype but which I haven't had a chance to try yet.
I've not been to Morrison's for so long. I've not tried it but their icecream is so cheap!

I really like this, will try the other flavours

Attachments

• Heart
I've not been to Morrison's for so long. I've not tried it but their icecream is so cheap!

I think you can get the "pastrami" version in Sainsbury's. I make my own spreads for sandwiches so this is the only area I don't feel like eating the meat replacements but the pastrami looked good. I may cave in if it's on offer again.

As for Morrison's, I haven't tried any of their vegan cheese slices but got some for a vegan friend a couple of years ago (she doesn't have a Morrison's near her) and she loved.

Did someone on here say about vegan pork pies? Quorn have just launched some View attachment 541042
Tried the co-op gro range version... not great... will give these a go and report back. Noticed Boots do quite a comprehensive range of vegan sandwiches wraps etc in their meal deals.... from the humble cheese and onion sandwich to a gorgeous mushroom and spinach quiche by higgidy.

• Heart
Tried the co-op gro range version... not great... will give these a go and report back. Noticed Boots do quite a comprehensive range of vegan sandwiches wraps etc in their meal deals.... from the humble cheese and onion sandwich to a gorgeous mushroom and spinach quiche by higgidy.
Tesco had pork pies too.
I think you can get the "pastrami" version in Sainsbury's. I make my own spreads for sandwiches so this is the only area I don't feel like eating the meat replacements but the pastrami looked good. I may cave in if it's on offer again.

As for Morrison's, I haven't tried any of their vegan cheese slices but got some for a vegan friend a couple of years ago (she doesn't have a Morrison's near her) and she loved.
What sandwich fillers do you make? X

Their pastrami is amaaazing. Really enjoyed the one you posted too!

Tesco had pork pies too.

What sandwich fillers do you make? X
I make a combination of mashed chickpeas, ground nori sheets ( dried seaweed used in sushi) chopped red onions some Dijon mustard Mayo (cheap own brand is good enough) a small tin of corn some lemon juice and salt. It’s a vegan imitation of tuna and sweet corn. I eat it in jacket potatoes especially sweet potatoes with coleslaw. Fabulous.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I grind the nori sheets in my Nutra Bullit and keep them in a jar for convenience. I also replicate flaky fish by marinating chopped flaked Hearts of Palm ( you can find these in tins in Morrison’s and Waitrose) with ground nori and fish seasoning and some water overnight. They make fabulous Maryland crab cakes. I used a recipe from The Vegan Mechanic on YouTube. He used Old Bay seasoning. I use Aldi/ Lidl’s Cajun seasoning. Gorgeous.

Dangerously so!

I make a combination of mashed chickpeas, ground nori sheets ( dried seaweed used in sushi) chopped red onions some Dijon mustard Mayo (cheap own brand is good enough) a small tin of corn some lemon juice and salt. It’s a vegan imitation of tuna and sweet corn. I eat it in jacket potatoes especially sweet potatoes with coleslaw. Fabulous.
Yum, I've made something similar and it was so good. I want to have a go at coronation chickpeas

I have a way of making Quorn mince palatable. Tip a frozen bag into a bowl. Sprinkle with loads of steak seasoning. Don’t hold back. Then I add cold stock and leave for a few hours. The mince swells and is soft and flavoursome. I use it in cottage pie and mince and pea curry. I swap out the steak seasoning for lamb seasoning if I make a shepherd pie.

I do this too! It’s soooo good

Oh wow some amazing things here. Haven’t ever eaten fish so don’t miss it but will definitely try that tuna mayonnaise. Sounds lovely.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.