Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone answer a curious person please... what does tofu taste like? I always want to try it but I’m worried it’ll be like eating styrofoam.

Aldi no meat burgers are also amazing 😍😍 on one of their brioche burger buns with salad....yum
Will try this. 🤤 Thanks

Can anyone recommend a good diary free milk for cereal. I use almond milk in smoothies but not keen on it in cereal.
Oat Milk is creamy. Aldi’s is great

Can someone answer a curious person please... what does tofu taste like? I always want to try it but I’m worried it’ll be like eating styrofoam.
It's a blank slate! It really is all about the flavourings and cooking method because it's super bland. I love it personally but it has to be cooked right.

Reactions: 4
I love Tofu and it is like Bluelipstick said you have to cook it right. I press it then marinade it and either cook it on a griddle pan or in the oven. There is also a silken tofu that is soft and used for dips, dressings and in desserts and you can also scramble that one and have it on toast like egg with some added black salt.
Where I live I don't have much choice of tofu but there are lots of flavoured ones in big supermarkets. This is the one I buy and they have some recipes on their website.

Reactions: 2
I love it but it has to be cooked right. It tastes of nothing but takes on the flavor of marinades really well so I usually marinade it over night. I like to cover in cornflour and olive oil and bake it in the oven to make it crispy on the outside.

Reactions: 5
Reactions: 1
I always buy tofoo brand tofu so I don't have to press it. My favourite way of cooking it is dicing it up and and tossing it in sesame oil, salt and nooch and tossing it in the airfryer for 20 minutes, shaking half way through. Then just throwing it into dishes or on salads. So good. You can oven bake it too, turning halfway through, it may take a bit longer though.

The orange mojo tofu recipe from Viva Vegan by Terry hope is amazing too, the whole book is! But someone has written the recipe here http://mindfulcooking.org/recipes/zesty-orange-mojo-baked-tofu

Having avant garde's 'fish' and chips for dinner. 😋 The recipe is on youtube and his website. One of my favourite ways to eat tofu!!

The new vegan chicken royale in burger king is divine. Don't think I've ever had BK before but it was freshly made and really really tasty.

Reactions: 7
Me too. Getting one on Monday, if you get the app they do a meat free Monday offer £1.99 for the royale or plant based whopper. There's whopper Wednesday too
Thanks. With a bit of money saving thrown it too. Any more money saving offers?

I have recently discovered that I actually like tofu even if it's not super crispy - although that is still my favourite way. my friend made a salad with this: https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/taifun-basil-tofu/422486-59424-59425https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...j_7pTAgp7wAhWjUhUIHZDfABYQ9aACegQIARBU&adurl= in it, just chopped up and it was delicious.
Taifun tofu is very well seasoned, I also love the wild garlic one, "tofu rosso" and the smoked with sesame seeds and almonds. The smoked with sesame seeds and almonds has lovely texture, and it's really nicely smoked. You can just slice it up and have it in a sandwich instead of ham ☺

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.