Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
👋🏻👋🏻

I always want to try more of the Green Cuisine range because it’s frequently on offer but the calories/fat seem comparatively high with this brand. Didn’t rate the dippers, the crispy fillet looks nice but is 300cals and about 15g of fat 😣 I’d want two so never buy them.
The big crispy fillets look like they'd be the same as the dippers but bigger. I found them so bland too... like at least season the batter if you know the vegan chicken has no taste of its own, birds eye😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The big crispy fillets look like they'd be the same as the dippers but bigger. I found them so bland too... like at least season the batter if you know the vegan chicken has no taste of its own, birds eye😂😂
Exactly 😭😭😭 I’m not wasting calories trying anything else. Their fish fingers are okay, mind.

I make my own and it doesn’t take very long.
150g oats, 100g mixed seeds, 100g pecan nuts. Mix it up with 40g coconut oil, a grated apple or apple purée and a squeeze of agave syrup.
Bake it at 150 degrees for about 15 minutes.
Once it’s cooled I add dried cranberries and apricots.
It tastes delicious and you can change the fruit and nuts to your preference.
This batch lasts me 10-14 days.
Thank you!!

Reactions: 1
Can anyone recommend a good soya and mushroom free vege mince?
I need to eliminate soya from my diet and red meat and am struggling to find soya free.
Oh and to complicate things I’m allergic to quorn!
Thanks.

I need to eliminate soya from my diet and red meat and am struggling to find soya free.
Thanks.
This one's good: https://www.profusionorganic.co.uk/products/profusion-organic-pea-fava-protein-mince/

It's made of just pea and fava bean protein. I use the chunk version but the mince has the same ingredients. Good in bolognese and chilli - it's flavourless on its own but absorbs whatever spices and seasonings you rehydrate it with well. I think you can get it on Ocado and Amazon too.

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 21.35.43.png

Thanks.
I use pink lentils, they cook quicker than other lentils and I add flavourings so that it ends up like mince and I freeze it in portions.. Something like these.

I use pink lentils, they cook quicker than other lentils and I add chopped mushrooms and flavourings so that it ends up like mince and I freeze it in portions.. Something like these.
Do you mean orange/red ones? I use those a lot for a mince replacement and for soup.

I actually quite like that. I have mine with (frozen) left over Chinese sweet and sour sauce from the takeaway in a fake chicken balls style situation!

Yes they are called Masoor Dal if you buy from Indian shops. I think places like Morrisons call them red lentils
I love the texture when they are cooked down. I used to make a spicy browned onion, carrot and lentil soup a lot with those and topped with curried croutons.

I love the texture when they are cooked down. I used to make a spicy browned onion, carrot and lentil soup a lot with those and topped with curried croutons.
I also use them lots as I can't eat qorn,tvp, or pea protein and love mince type dishes and burgers.

I actually quite like that. I have mine with (frozen) left over Chinese sweet and sour sauce from the takeaway in a fake chicken balls style situation!
I had actually planned to try that but the sweet and sour sauce, that I bought thinking it was an authentic brand, absolutely reeked of pure vinegar:sick: will stick to takeaway;)

I use pink lentils, they cook quicker than other lentils and I add flavourings so that it ends up like mince and I freeze it in portions.. Something like these.
I can recommend tinned green lentils. I looove brown/green lentils but they take ages..if they are tinned it's a bit quicker.

👋🏻👋🏻

I always want to try more of the Green Cuisine range because it’s frequently on offer but the calories/fat seem comparatively high with this brand. Didn’t rate the dippers, the crispy fillet looks nice but is 300cals and about 15g of fat 😣 I’d want two so never buy them.
The dippers have no flavour at all! a nice texture but nothing else. but the chicken strips however are bleeping goooooood. but yeah very high in calories, I think the serving size is three strips but I will very easily eat the whole box.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
GUYS Aldi just launched these:
IMG_20210920_193142.jpg

(Please excuse my scruffy kitchen counter)
We bought a ton of food so it will be a while until I try these but will certainly report back. I just wanted to give people here a heads-up. It's £2.19 in my local Aldi which is not too bad.

Reactions: 4
I can recommend tinned green lentils. I looove brown/green lentils but they take ages..if they are tinned it's a bit quicker.
I use an Instant Pot pressure cooker and cook different lentils in bulk and then freeze them in portion sizes.

GUYS Aldi just launched these:
View attachment 773647
(Please excuse my scruffy kitchen counter)
We bought a ton of food so it will be a while until I try these but will certainly report back. I just wanted to give people here a heads-up. It's £2.19 in my local Aldi which is not too bad.
I did see them but swear by This isn’t Bacon. What do they taste like?
On another note I just discovered Plant Pioneers no egg (crumbled tofu) and cress sandwiches in Sainsbury’s. Very nice and far superior to Boots sloppy version. Not sure about anyone else but l am sick of the falafel and houmus wrap offerings in shops for vegans. I love the vegan cheese and ham hot baguette from Greggs and the vegan bacon breakfast roll and the vegan ham and cheese toastie from Costa. Great choices when you’re out and about.

I did see them but swear by This isn’t Bacon. What do they taste like?
On another note I just discovered Plant Pioneers no egg (crumbled tofu) and cress sandwiches in Sainsbury’s. Very nice and far superior to Boots sloppy version. Not sure about anyone else but l am sick of the falafel and houmus wrap offerings in shops for vegans. I love the vegan cheese and ham hot baguette from Greggs and the vegan bacon breakfast roll and the vegan ham and cheese toastie from Costa. Great choices when you’re out and about.
I bought M & S no egg sandwich last week, didn't eat it as it had such a strange taste.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.