Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
9CB3D4D5-A23F-4753-9AC4-6B498A2956C2.png

I had this for lunch just now. It’s very good. Not as good as the Vivera one but still would recommend! I actually got chips and salad in pitta from the kebab shop over the road because their salad is amazing and cooked the quorn at home.

Reactions: 4
If you eat Linda McCartney Red Onion and Rosemary Sausages - plus the ones just called Vegetarian Sausages and 2 Mozzarella 1/4lb Burgers are all on offer at Asda for £1.25 a box.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
View attachment 553327
I had this for lunch just now. It’s very good. Not as good as the Vivera one but still would recommend! I actually got chips and salad in pitta from the kebab shop over the road because their salad is amazing and cooked the quorn at home.
I might try, I love the Vivera one but should perhaps be more careful with how much soy I eat.

How do people on the thread feel about soy in general? Do you eat any amount/ try and limit how much you eat / avoid completely?

I might try, I love the Vivera one but should perhaps be more careful with how much soy I eat.

How do people on the thread feel about soy in general? Do you eat any amount/ try and limit how much you eat / avoid completely?
I eat tofu twice a week and soy milk and yogurt every day for breakfast. I have no thoughts about how much is too much as processed vegan/veggie food can't be beneficial for us either so I cook from scratch and eat soy when I want to.

I eat tofu twice a week and soy milk and yogurt every day for breakfast. I have no thoughts about how much is too much as processed vegan/veggie food can't be beneficial for us either so I cook from scratch and eat soy when I want to.
I cook from scratch most of the time and have the Vivera stuff once a week, sometimes twice if I also buy the "bacon" bits. It's definitely a treat! I also make spreads with tofu, I use 1 small block a at time and that typically lasts me 5 days to a week; but I try to alternate that with other spreads, such as made with chickpeas. I don't tend to use soy milk (prefer rice/almond) or yoghurt (prefer coconut), however in these product categories it's not to do with how much of it I consume but taste/personal preference. I guess I am not doing too bad!

Reactions: 1
Meatless farm sausages are my favourite. They have now surpassed Richmond because they are like a proper Cumberland!
Aldi Kiev's are crap imo. Best ones were M&S.
Tried the new Quorn Roarsome last night, I probably wouldn't get again but easy for just chucking in the oven.
Favourite meal right is tofu and plantain peanut curry.
Haven't tried Morrisons pork pie but Tesco's are an actual game changer and I can easily devour half a pack in one go 🙃
Lastly, Love Raw wafer bars are a pretty much exact replica for kinder bueno. They are pretty pricey, I got six for a tenner but they usually have a discount code for new users.

The new vegan chicken royale in burger king is divine. Don't think I've ever had BK before but it was freshly made and really really tasty.
Agree it is nice but not worth the £8 for a meal 😂

Reactions: 2

I don't eat much soy as I don't think i digest it that well. I think Quorn nuggets/sausages are the only soy based product we eat, maybe once a week, twice if I don't have nutroast in for Sunday lunch so I sub with sausages.

• Heart
Meatless farm sausages are my favourite. They have now surpassed Richmond because they are like a proper Cumberland!
Tried the new Quorn Roarsome last night, I probably wouldn't get again but easy for just chucking in the oven.
Haven't tried Morrisons pork pie but Tesco's are an actual game changer and I can easily devour half a pack in one go 🙃
Lastly, Love Raw wafer bars are a pretty much exact replica for kinder bueno. They are pretty pricey, I got six for a tenner but they usually have a discount code for new users.

Was reading they are doing special deals on Monday re Burger King
Edit. It is with their app and the Royale is £2.45.

Last edited:
If you download the app you can get an offer code for both the vegan burger meals for £4.49 each

edit: just saw your edit!

It's £1.99 but no chips or drink. Here's the offers on the app, not sure what the sharing one is as it looks like 1 meal

Attachments

• Heart
I'm not allergic or sensitive to soy so I don't have any issues consuming it.
Yeah same. I know not everybody can digest it well but I seem ok. We do eat a lot of tofu and own-brand frozen mince. I get vivera when it’s on offer and make my own seitan but the recipe I have has tofu in it. I could honestly eat a Quorn nuggets with Nando’s hot sauce sandwich every day and not get sick of it. Ever!

I really liked the aldi kievs... never had the m&s ones though so can't compare

View attachment 553327
I just ordered those and the Peri Peri strips.
3E486544-F00D-45DB-8B2B-D674AB6AD123.jpeg

I like these and have just ordered some more. I have them with American mustard in a roll.
9DF40078-52C2-4B59-98A8-564CD965EF4E.jpeg

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.