Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just stick pieces of tempeh in curries, burritos or stir fries instead of tofu.

Did you crumble it for spag bol? I've never tried crumbling tbh.

Reactions: 1
Thank you :) I will be using it instead of tofu then, as I go through a lot of tofu blocks in a few weeks.

Yes, I crumbled it and added spices to give it some flavour, as I used it instead of mince.

You can thinly slice it and brush with BBQ sauce or soy sauce/liquid smoke and oven bake.
Makes a nice vegan ‘bacon’ substitute

Has anyone tried this? I managed to get a box of ten for a tenner off Amazon with promos:

CB78C850-876F-4EC3-A0A8-8B2D5CE5F97A.jpeg

They have milk chocolate and salted caramel flavour, too. I also ordered a “new” Gusto for £17 to my mum’s as they had 65% off 🙊 that’ll save some money.
---
Is it just me or are the Gu plant-based desserts horrifically sweet? Has anyone found a good vegan chocolate mousse?
Have you tried the alpro mousse? I love them. Bought a load when they came out £1 instead of £2, but cheapest I can get them now are £1.50 for two on offer. They are nice but pricey.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone tried this? I managed to get a box of ten for a tenner off Amazon with promos:

View attachment 2084887

They have milk chocolate and salted caramel flavour, too. I also ordered a “new” Gusto for £17 to my mum’s as they had 65% off 🙊 that’ll save some money.
---

Have you tried the alpro mousse? I love them. Bought a load when they came out £1 instead of £2, but cheapest I can get them now are £1.50 for two on offer. They are nice but pricey.
Omg what’s the promos for them please

View attachment 2084887

---

Awesome!!!
I have a block of the milk choc in the fridge, untouched, very strange for me 🤣.
Will try it today

Finally tried the Ritter Vegan Milk Chocolate. It’s delicious! Quite creamy, not bitter 😊

Just here to recommend this absolutely banging plant based vegan curry takeaway from Waitrose. It could feed 3/4 or 2 greedy sods like me and Mr B 😂 Absolutely beautiful no chicken korma and the veggie tika masala was *chef's kiss*. Only feedback I'd have is that I was disappointed there were no spiced onions or mango chutney but that's a minor quibble.

I've seen complaints on other veggie groups saying it's really pricey but we'd probably pay at least double that for a takeaway from our local Indian place. This price meant we could buy some poncey craft beers to go with them too 🙊

Would highly recommend if you have a Waitrose near you.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just here to recommend this absolutely banging plant based vegan curry takeaway from Waitrose. It could feed 3/4 or 2 greedy sods like me and Mr B 😂 Absolutely beautiful no chicken korma and the veggie tika masala was *chef's kiss*. Only feedback I'd have is that I was disappointed there were no spiced onions or mango chutney but that's a minor quibble.

I've seen complaints on other veggie groups saying it's really pricey but we'd probably pay at least double that for a takeaway from our local Indian place. This price meant we could buy some poncey craft beers to go with them too 🙊

Would highly recommend if you have a Waitrose near you.
We've had this before, I'm not keen on the korma so my girls have that and I have the tikka. You can get the tikka individually (slightly bigger portion) and they quite often do 2 mains, 2 sides for £11

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Not sure if it's been mentioned before but the Aldi Moser Roth vegan chocolate bars are lovely. I struggle to find the Blonde one nowadays but the Classic is very nice too.

Sorry if I've missed a similar question but which foods/snacks are good for filling up on?

It feels like I am *constantly* hungry these days especially as I get closer to my period. I drink at least 2 liters of water a day to help manage my IBS so I don't think it's thirst. At night I find myself reaching for unhealthy snacks and would like to have healthier options in the house beyond fruit.

Sorry if I've missed a similar question but which foods/snacks are good for filling up on?

It feels like I am *constantly* hungry these days especially as I get closer to my period. I drink at least 2 liters of water a day to help manage my IBS so I don't think it's thirst. At night I find myself reaching for unhealthy snacks and would like to have healthier options in the house beyond fruit.
I literally make a whole lentil curry if I'm peckish 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I find Nakd bars are really good and fill me up, plus they're one of your five a day.

I do like the Trek protein flapjacks as well.

Reactions: 4
Hummus and carrots/toasted pita. Nuts. If you're feeling like eating something sweet and salty, dates stuffed with peanut butter are excellent.

Love the raspberry Trek bars, tried them this weekend and they’re good! I don’t even like flapjacks. And VFC tenders are the best chicken for wraps.

When I’m peckish I tend to have carrot sticks/Eat Real dill chips and houmous. For sweet stuff, a smoothie/hot choc. I love these but they’re pricey:
1684094265941.png

And I was happy to see these are now vegan, got a pack before (cheaper than La Boulangerie):
1684094377902.jpeg

Lidl now do their own biscoff spread.
I can confirm it tastes fantastic straight from the jar

• Heart