Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys in the UK - what are you all making for dinner/tea in this awful heat?

I could live on salad, gucamole, hummus and all the yummy things but my family would have something to say about that! Anything oven based or takes less than 5 minutes to heat on the hob would be great.

I'm currently thinking of:
-Scrambled tofu
-Baked potatoes in the microwave
-Sandwiches/picnic teas
-Curry in the slow cooker.

Reactions: 1

I could live on salad, gucamole, hummus and all the yummy things but my family would have something to say about that! Anything oven based or takes less than 5 minutes to heat on the hob would be great.

I'm currently thinking of:
-Scrambled tofu
-Baked potatoes in the microwave
-Sandwiches/picnic teas
-Curry in the slow cooker.
I quite like any sort of noodle/rice/cous cous dishes (sesame noodles, pad Thai) that can be eaten cold (or at least not super hot) in this weather. Also buddha/quinoa bowls and fajitas!

Reactions: 2
A Greek salad if you can find a nice replacement for feta (I like the one from Lidl). I think Taifun make a nice "tofeta" too but the Lidl one is cheaper

I've just seen that Meatless Farm is no more. Shame, I used to like their stuff. Garden Gourmet and some Heck sausages have all gone, too. I thought the Heck sausages were disgusting. The market is just so oversaturated.

I'm obsessed with the Dopsu meat alternatives at the moment. Great with a salad and you can sometimes get them on offer.

Has anyone tried the plant based kebab in Iceland? I've heard it's good.

• Wow
I’ve had highlights recently & have got wavy/curly hair , the heat at the moment is making my hair very frizzy even with conditioner & product before I dry it. Any recommendations for a good conditioner and styling product? Asking on this thread because don’t think I’ll get cruelty free recommendations on the other hair/ beauty threads 🙂

I’ve had highlights recently & have got wavy/curly hair , the heat at the moment is making my hair very frizzy even with conditioner & product before I dry it. Any recommendations for a good conditioner and styling product? Asking on this thread because don’t think I’ll get cruelty free recommendations on the other hair/ beauty threads 🙂
You could try coating your hair with your regular conditioner when it's dry before you wash it. Then wash and style has normal. It smooths the hair a bit. I do that every once in a while

The Vegetarian Butcher's "chicken" fillets are lovely.

The new salami Dr Oetker pizza is really nice and is about £2.75 with a clubcard at Tesco.

In this hot weather I'm eating more fruit than ever and honestly, doing most of my eating in the evening.

Stay hydrated folks.

Oh and the mini Twister ice lollies are vegan! Delicious.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I use the Aussie deep moisture hair mask on my bleached hair once a week and it’s really good, they’re cruelty free

I like noughty products! The detangle/leave in spray is perfectly light for this weather. The whole range is great, but I also use Giovanni foam/mousse and their gel is also good if you need extra hold!

• Heart
Noughty frizz magic.

• Heart
Falafel is really good to snack on, quite filling and high in protein for something to keep you going, but I tend to make a lot of wraps in this heat. You can switch up what protein/meat substitute you put in and what flavours you use to stop it getting boring. I really like using the Vivera/vegetarian butcher chicken breasts, smothering them in cajun seasoning and putting them in the actifry, slicing up and putting in the wrap, so tasty with a bit of vegan mayo, rocket, cucumber and whatever else salad I've got in the fridge. I freeze the tortillas as well and just defrost them one at a time as needed because there's far too many in one pack!

Reactions: 4