Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
they told me yesterday so I thought I'd share it as it is news so I'm glad it's okay lol!

The lady behind the counter said she's not sure if they are bringing it back or switching to another supplier. She thinks they maybe want to give the new vegan steak one a chance before they introduce or reintroduce. I saw someone else say that they patterning with the veggie butcher? I am sad though cause I love the TLC
I love the TLC too the new teriyaki ‘steak’ is nice though

Reactions: 1
My local Pret stopped doing the avocado, olive and tomato baguette over Christmas, and haven't brought it back :(.
My local pret is incredibly poorly stocked in terms of vegan options, they don't even do the porridge.

My local pret is incredibly poorly stocked in terms of vegan options, they don't even do the porridge.
Just to add, if you have a Gail's near you, their porridge is vegan (if you don't get the honey added in) and jubbly with the almond butter and berry compote.
I actually have some nuts that need blending but I can't be arsed 😂

Last edited:
  • Sad
The Coconut Collaborative Chocolate & Cream Dairy Free Dessert are soooooo good! The only upsetting thing is the price since you get a very small pot 😭

Tesco free from milk chocolates are also really nice

Reactions: 3
Buttermilk's Peanut caramel bars are amazing and taste just like I remember a Snickers. On offer in morrisons atm too

Aldi's plain vegan chocolate is also incredible, it tastes a bit like Lindt to me. They also do a white choc version & dark choc (not tried those though)

Reactions: 5
I’m not actually vegan (don’t kill me 😳) but my baby has a dairy and soya allergy so quite often we will have a lot of plant based products. Can anyone recommend a dairy and soya free yoghurt that’s ideally not too high in sugar for my baby? Also, got to say, the plant based babybels are lovely!

• Heart
I’m not actually vegan (don’t kill me 😳) but my baby has a dairy and soya allergy so quite often we will have a lot of plant based products. Can anyone recommend a dairy and soya free yoghurt that’s ideally not too high in sugar for my baby? Also, got to say, the plant based babybels are lovely!
welcome ❤

Do you want a flavoured yoghurt or unflavoured? Unflavoured the own brand tesco/asda ones are great. Low in sugar and not ultra processed (you could add flavouring/sweetness to it if you wanted)
Flavoured - Cultured Coconut Yogurt coconut strawberry Gut health ones are about 4g sugar per pot
The non gut health normal strawberry ones are 3g per pot
The apricot ones of ^those are about 4g as well.
That brand is quite pricey though.

The next ones which are cheaper are the tesco own brand ones which are about 8g per pot but they are cheaper.
Also petit flous do raspberry ones at 8g per pot too.

Hope that helps!

Oatly

The Nush yogurt range is lovely - almond-based with no soy and very minimal ingredients. I like the plain almond one and also the flavoured fruit ones, which don’t have any artificial sweetener in them. A bit pricier but often on sale in Sainsbury's or Ocado!

Is it just me or are the Gu plant-based desserts horrifically sweet? Has anyone found a good vegan chocolate mousse?

Is it just me or are the Gu plant-based desserts horrifically sweet? Has anyone found a good vegan chocolate mousse?
the coconut ones are lovely (purple packet) but they are so small. It's about two teaspoons worth and it's finished and they are expensive

the coconut ones are lovely (purple packet) but they are so small. It's about two teaspoons worth and it's finished and they are expensive
Yeah I've had those and really enjoy them but like you said, so tiny and just not satisfying enough for a pudding...

Sharing below a recipe I came across randomly for tofu & walnut "mince". I'm hoping to try to make it tonight as I have a pack of tofu that needs using this week.
Screenshot_20230228-113350.png

I’ve made it before using a recipe from the Edgy Veg, made ‘chicken’ style burgers. Really good!

Reactions: 2
any recommendations how I can use tempeh? I've made bolognese with it a couple of weeks ago but I want to try new recipes :)