Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only realised I was intolerant to dairy after I went vegan and realised that my IBS had miraculously cleared up. I can't touch the stuff.

Reactions: 1
Can I ask another newbie question please? For folks who went vegan and then perhaps a few months or years later ended up eating dairy or something, either out of choice or necessity, did it make you feel ill? I'm pricing in a couple of slip-ups, i.e. I forget to tell someone I'm vegan and go to their house and they offer me something with cream in it for dessert, and I have a bit so as to avoid hurting any feelings. That kind of thing. So just curious if having abstained for a while, did a one-off reintroduction of dairy (or whatever) make you feel rough?
yeah it makes me feel a bit sick and I get diarrhoea (not like glued to the toilet but I’ll have a bad stomach). I don’t get it like end of the world pain stuck in the house type thing, just feel a bit nauseous and bloated

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I just tried the vegan royale from Burger King (as it was on a freebie!) and really enjoyed it (apart from grotty lettuce I picked off!). Good for a cheapy lunch 😋

Swizzles double lollies are vegan . I was surprised at that . Everybody else probably knew that.

Has anyone got any good tips on how to cook/make tofu taste nice please? I’m determined to like it but so far not having much luck!

Has anyone got any good tips on how to cook/make tofu taste nice please? I’m determined to like it but so far not having much luck!
Press as much liquid out of it as you can, cut it into cubes and stick it in a Tupperware box with some cornflour, salt, pepper and other dried seasonings (I like garlic powder and smoked paprika) give it a good ol’ shake and fry it in a hot pan with some oil, shake it about/flip it to make sure all the edges get crispy. You can chuck this on top of things or then put it in sauces too. It’s pretty versatile and foolproof

I like tofu from this brand, already seasoned & liquid squeezed out. You can have it in salads, sandwiches (the smoked version is like vegan ham to me) or in ramen 💜 You can also blend it with some vegan mayo, a bit of olive oil and a bit of lemon juice to make a super tasty spread to have on toast, like a pâté. The smoked one made into a spread almost tastes like smoked mackerel pâté. You can add soy sauce for extra saltiness.
1662561847980.png

I like tofu from this brand, already seasoned & liquid squeezed out. You can have it in salads, sandwiches (the smoked version is like vegan ham to me) or in ramen 💜 You can also blend it with some vegan mayo, a bit of olive oil and a bit of lemon juice to make a super tasty spread to have on toast, like a pâté. The smoked one made into a spread almost tastes like smoked mackerel pâté. You can add soy sauce for extra saltiness.
View attachment 1561830

Omigod
The Lidl Vemondo tofu is back in stores next week! £1.19
I've been getting Sainsbury's own pop up on my Nectar Prices too.

We use tofu for nearly everything in this house, the kids love eggless mayo and cress sandwiches, and scrambled tofu on toast.
You don't need to press for those recipes either, just add black salt

I also like crumbling tofu and frying off like you would do with mince meat for a bolognese ☺ Like in this recipe:
Check out their website, they have lots of good recipes, and so does Tofoo:

Omigod
The Lidl Vemondo tofu is back in stores next week! £1.19
I've been getting Sainsbury's own pop up on my Nectar Prices too.
I've not had their tofu but there's Lidl where I live 👀 should I get some to try?

Last edited:
I also like crumbling tofu and frying off like you would do with mince meat for a bolognese ☺ Like in this recipe:
Check out their website, they have lots of good recipes, and so does Tofoo:

I've not had their tofu but there's Lidl where I live 👀 should I get some to try?
ONE MILLION PERCENT.

I know this thread has mostly been about food, but does anyone have good recommendations for vegan office shoes? Everything I’ve found is either a going out shoe or a boot which really isn’t appropriate to wear with my work clothes.

A few high street shops have got some vegan shoes in their ranges now, M&S, new look & schuh off the top of my head

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I know this thread has mostly been about food, but does anyone have good recommendations for vegan office shoes? Everything I’ve found is either a going out shoe or a boot which really isn’t appropriate to wear with my work clothes.
New Look and M&S are your best bet! 😊