Vegan and Plant Based Recommendations and Reviews #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@no-no what are the vegan pizzas like please? Not vegan but have a cheese allergy (just cheese; not dairy) and struggling to find a half decent pizza. The cheese is always horrible!
I struggle with the vegan cheese but I really like the m&s pizzas

• Heart
Reactions: 3
White Rabbit do vegan pizzas and the cheese is more like a sauce. As nice as they are, I'm not paying almost £5 for one!
The m&s ones are pricey but the margarita is quite big and it's Inc in the pizza meal deal. I got the spicy pepperoni the other week on yellow sticker and it was so good!

@no-no what are the vegan pizzas like please? Not vegan but have a cheese allergy (just cheese; not dairy) and struggling to find a half decent pizza. The cheese is always horrible!
I wish that was my haul but it was their PR pics. I tend to make my own pizzas and put the vegan M&S feta on, it works really well - their pizzas are great and the Zizzi pepperoni 🌱 is meant to be good. Crosta & Mollica have one, but I wouldn’t want broccoli on my pizza, spinach is bad enough.

I've just used the Coconut Collaborative double cream and it was so nice. I've tried quite a few of their products and they've all been good, I use the natural yoghurt all the time and the wee salted caramel chocolate pots are to die for.

Reactions: 1
Anyone got any vegan protein powder recommendations? I'm on USN atm, think I've tried MyProtein but they both taste a bit cack.
Form's Performance Vanilla is the best I've tried, and I've had many. The chocolate salted caramel superblend is good too if you want other added vitamins/minerals. Very smooth and blendable without an artificially sweet aftertaste. I also like the Misfits Salted Caramel protein but it's less neutral tasting than the Form ones.

Reactions: 2
Any favourite nutritional yeasts that don't cost the earth/ from sources that are easily accessible?

I love the blue Engavita with B12 - I used to get a bargain pack of 3 tubs from amazon on subscribe & save but they stopped doing it.

Red Engavita can get into the bin ASAP, why is it so different and horrible???

Aldi's own is great and cheap but seldom there.

Didn't love Nooch, but it's probably the brand I see most in supermarkets.

My kid and I go through quite a bit and I've been buying it from a wholefood shop because its nice to support them, but it's not very local and obviously a bit spenny.
Am I missing it in supermarkets?

Any favourite nutritional yeasts that don't cost the earth/ from sources that are easily accessible?

I love the blue Engavita with B12 - I used to get a bargain pack of 3 tubs from amazon on subscribe & save but they stopped doing it.

My kid and I go through quite a bit and I've been buying it from a wholefood shop because its nice to support them, but it's not very local and obviously a bit spenny.
Sainsburys, holland and barratt and morrisons now stock engevita. I can usually get a decent deal at sainsburys with the nectar prices.

Sainsburys, holland and barratt and morrisons now stock engevita. I can usually get a decent deal at sainsburys with the nectar prices.
Tesco too. I'm sure I brought from asda but can't see it on the app but may just be my local store doesn't stock it any more

Bosh! Also do one now, they have some different variations too but we stick with the classic.
Bloody love nooch

• Heart
Ace, thanks all!! I think I need to look harder, try the new ones, and possibly seek help for my nooch problem 🤤

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Spotted this in Tesco & got the faux halloumi to try. Has anyone tried these?
IMG_20220922_195529.jpg

IMG_20220922_195522.jpg

Vegan hot chocolate - I know Galaxy do one but can't find it! Recommendations please?

Vegan horlicks is quite nice too.

Vegan hot chocolate - I know Galaxy do one but can't find it! Recommendations please?

Vegan horlicks is quite nice too.
The Cadburys hot choc that says 'Stir into hot milk' is vegan, just pick your preferred milk, walk in the microwave, and you're good to go

I'm not keen on the galaxy ones myself, bit weak. I'll give the Lidl ones a try though.

My usual method is to buy the alpro chocolate milk and microwave it.