Vee Kativhu

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
sometimes, her ego trip insta reels and posts show up at my feed, and honestly she's so annoying right now it's laughable. i used to watch her like 3 - 4 years ago when she was posting still kinda relatable stuff about uni supplies, essays etc.. But now, all the reels and videos she does are just like one big ego trip. look at yourself!!! you're amazing!!! not you actually, it's just me!!! being awesome!!! wow, how did I achieve such an incredible achievement!!! I am great!!! It's hard to believe I did all of this!!!
(ehm ehm, what actually did you achieve?)
she literally doesn't seem to care about anything related to her subject/topic of study. she only cares about herself and her own brand and image.

Reactions: 20
sometimes, her ego trip insta reels and posts show up at my feed, and honestly she's so annoying right now it's laughable. i used to watch her like 3 - 4 years ago when she was posting still kinda relatable stuff about uni supplies, essays etc.. But now, all the reels and videos she does are just like one big ego trip. look at yourself!!! you're amazing!!! not you actually, it's just me!!! being awesome!!! wow, how did I achieve such an incredible achievement!!! I am great!!! It's hard to believe I did all of this!!!
(ehm ehm, what actually did you achieve?)
she literally doesn't seem to care about anything related to her subject/topic of study. she only cares about herself and her own brand and image.
She did a post celebrating James and the Bert first picture was one of herself

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 5
Ooooh if Vee is applying for PhDs I might have to start watching again 👀 she's going to get a big shock applying to graduate school in the US, it's nothing like the UK - extremely competitive. Would love to know which uni has supposedly offered her a place for 2023, as someone else mentioned deferred PhDs are practically unheard of. Not funded ones anyway.

Reactions: 11
She's already gotten rejected by NYU after apparently assuming that one application would be enough. Maybe she feels like she's learned enough to guarantee that she'll get in somewhere next year.

Reactions: 4
So I have been following this thread for a while, because I was trying to find out if other people felt the same way about Vee as I do. I genuinely loved her content a few years ago, but I can't even stand to look at her any longer (as multiple people have stated in this thread already).
But it is really more personal than that. I am an African woman, living in South Africa. And Vee is either genuinely an idiot or just extremely insensitive. Aside from the self congratulatory stuff she is constantly spouting, her trip(s) to Zimbabwe to talk about girls education was really the worst thing I have ever seen.

The teachers in Zimbabwe are leaving in droves, because the economy is in the toilet and they aren't getting paid anything close to a living wage. The infrastructure is absolute rubbish, and I know this because many Zimbabwean immigrants are currently in South Africa fighting to survive.

It is the same thing in South Africa. In rural areas, some schools are still using pit toilets, and the infrastructure is terrible, and I can attest to that because I witnessed some of it at my high school. (South Africa is supposed to be the most developed country in Africa so do with that information what you will)

She has done nothing for Africa at all. I wouldn't have much of a problem with her behavior and the changes her channel has gone through, but constantly talking about Africa, helping girls and young women, improving and empowering education, and she is spending money like crazy, and only ever talks about her achievements. I think she only talks about Africa when it suits her brand (and other people here have stated this), other than that I can tell she is trying really hard to get a PhD for the views, and rub shoulders with the top 1% so that she can say she made it.

There are wars happening in Africa, the levels of corruption is sickening, there is famine and drought. The girls she is trying to help are experiencing Gender Based Violence, and if she even watched the news she would see the state that Zimbabwe is in. (And it is so weird to me that she is supposed to be so educated but she can't even watch the news or read a blog so that she can see the things she says are completely insensitive to the situation). (I myself am struggling to pay for my undergraduate degree, when the money she makes on one video could probably pay my school fees in one go, and I am middle class for context so consider what that means for poor African women).

Everything that Vee is doing right now is a slap in the face of every African girl she is claiming to help, and it is disgusting. And once again, maybe I wouldn't have an issue about her behavior if she wasn't constantly using Africa as a crutch to boost herself, but does nothing of substance to help African girls. Imagine going to Zimbabwe to talk about herself and views and her policies, when she has no real world experience (other than the say so of Malala, Bill Gates and the Obamas, as if that means more than having actual experience). Imagine going to Zimbabwe and South Africa and charging us money for her book, when the women in the households she is trying to help cannot afford food and rely on their abusers to survive (and I say this because I see it everyday).

But anyway, my rant is over, and I do not think my opinion on this matters much, but I think everyone on this thread needs to know that their opinion on Vee is completely valid, and her actions are not just sickening online, her actions have real world implications. I am sorry that this post is exceedingly long, and I hope I have not offended anyone!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
So I have been following this thread for a while, because I was trying to find out if other people felt the same way about Vee as I do. I genuinely loved her content a few years ago, but I can't even stand to look at her any longer (as multiple people have stated in this thread already).
But it is really more personal than that. I am an African woman, living in South Africa. And Vee is either genuinely an idiot or just extremely insensitive. Aside from the self congratulatory stuff she is constantly spouting, her trip(s) to Zimbabwe to talk about girls education was really the worst thing I have ever seen.

The teachers in Zimbabwe are leaving in droves, because the economy is in the toilet and they aren't getting paid anything close to a living wage. The infrastructure is absolute rubbish, and I know this because many Zimbabwean immigrants are currently in South Africa fighting to survive.

It is the same thing in South Africa. In rural areas, some schools are still using pit toilets, and the infrastructure is terrible, and I can attest to that because I witnessed some of it at my high school. (South Africa is supposed to be the most developed country in Africa so do with that information what you will)

She has done nothing for Africa at all. I wouldn't have much of a problem with her behavior and the changes her channel has gone through, but constantly talking about Africa, helping girls and young women, improving and empowering education, and she is spending money like crazy, and only ever talks about her achievements. I think she only talks about Africa when it suits her brand (and other people here have stated this), other than that I can tell she is trying really hard to get a PhD for the views, and rub shoulders with the top 1% so that she can say she made it.

There are wars happening in Africa, the levels of corruption is sickening, there is famine and drought. The girls she is trying to help are experiencing Gender Based Violence, and if she even watched the news she would see the state that Zimbabwe is in. (And it is so weird to me that she is supposed to be so educated but she can't even watch the news or read a blog so that she can see the things she says are completely insensitive to the situation). (I myself am struggling to pay for my undergraduate degree, when the money she makes on one video could probably pay my school fees in one go, and I am middle class for context so consider what that means for poor African women).

Everything that Vee is doing right now is a slap in the face of every African girl she is claiming to help, and it is disgusting. And once again, maybe I wouldn't have an issue about her behavior if she wasn't constantly using Africa as a crutch to boost herself, but does nothing of substance to help African girls. Imagine going to Zimbabwe to talk about herself and views and her policies, when she has no real world experience (other than the say so of Malala, Bill Gates and the Obamas, as if that means more than having actual experience). Imagine going to Zimbabwe and South Africa and charging us money for her book, when the women in the households she is trying to help cannot afford food and rely on their abusers to survive (and I say this because I see it everyday).

But anyway, my rant is over, and I do not think my opinion on this matters much, but I think everyone on this thread needs to know that their opinion on Vee is completely valid, and her actions are not just sickening online, her actions have real world implications. I am sorry that this post is exceedingly long, and I hope I have not offended anyone!
Your opinion absolutely matters! Thanks for taking the time to contribute such an interesting post to this thread. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Practically BEGGING for more freebies :sick: Have some sense of awareness!

Screenshot_2022-08-01-11-59-29-50_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

"Help me tag them and spam them until they realise". 😮

• Sick
Reactions: 16

Thank you for putting the discomfort I’ve been feeling with Vee into words. I come from Kenya, and everything Vee does screams white saviourism (what’s the word between white saviourism and native informant 😅) is reminiscent of the numerous NGO’s that pitch tent over here, claiming to help rural populations, when in actuality, they’re just collecting donor money.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
She's so up her own arse that it makes it almost impossible to feel happy for her and her achievements

Reactions: 3
She really isnt anything special. You have many kids now from poor backgrounds going on to Cambridge and Oxford as can be seen by the a level results day.

Her ego has gotten big and like others have said, shes developed a white saviour complex

Reactions: 5
I do not think she is anything special but she seemed genuinely passionate about certain issues and to have a lot of drive to push for some change. I think that could have taken very far and I think she had the potential of doing really good things if she had stayed a bit more humble and focused on doing the "dirty job" that working for social change really needs.

Reactions: 3
Looks like she has deactivated her Twitter and stopped comments on her Instagram because people are calling her out about her abusive bestie James Frater
Oh wow!!!

Shes getting called out and rightly so!!

This response from her is shocking!!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Oh wow!!!

Shes getting called out and rightly so!!

This response from her is shocking!!

No girl, that might be your best friend but if allegations like this come to light, you support the victim. Drop him from EBV. Can’t be a supporter of women and support a man who attacks women regardless of who he is 😤

Reactions: 10
Oh my Christ, why even respond but she sounds like she doesn’t believe the girl, “where they will hope to get to the bottom of it soon” what you gonna do when he gets caught, he’s been arrested? So that shows something

Reactions: 2
I didnt watch all of the video but she didnt sound convincing when she said its a small, cute university and its what she needed LOL, keep telling yourself that!

• Wow
Reactions: 12