Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

The Devils Arse

VIP Member
Re episode 3, was it really an unsolved mystery though? They knew who did it so imho it seemed out of place in this series.
100% agree with you! With all of the unsolved murders, it's a shame they did that one and the UFO and big foot episodes.

Reactions: 2
The Patrice episode - husband was defo dodgy. Even if he wasn’t involved in the murder the fact he locked a teenager out of his home right after his mom went missing doesn’t sit right with me. Wasn’t a nice guy IMO, even if he ‘didn’t like’ the son as his own words it was a shitty thing to do
Funny you say that, I got the same feeling from the husband and in fact I remembered one of the first things I was told as a young law student studying criminology was ‘we will teach you how to commit the perfect murder!’ As soon as Rob said he had a degree in criminology I thought, blimey! 😱

Anyone got any theories about the guy on the roof
I can’t work out whether Rey was a bit of a social climber who got caught up in the underworld or whether he may have been in a secret relationship with his childhood Male friend and someone was about to expose it. I don’t think he fell into the hole, I think he was placed here after being killed. Also that note was really strange! 😬

Last edited:

hehehe

VIP Member
I like the UFO eps 🫣🥲 but I am a bit of a loser like that.

The Tiffany Valiante case is so weird. The fact that some of her clothes haven’t been recovered seems so odd. The footage of her walking down the driveway is really creepy. I think she could have easily been suicidal but whether she killed herself or not is definitely up for debate!
Some of the unrecoverable items of clothing were unrecoverable because quite frankly there were pieces of her all over the woods for several kilometres. Some of it must have been picked up by animals. Train impact deaths are horrendous. Her uncle's search party was finding pieces everywhere weeks after the tragedy and most of her body didn't make it to the cremation. Dumping her phone, stripping some clothes off as she headed to her death are consistent with someone in the full grip of mental illness.

Nothing unsolved or mysterious about it except how her parents are now getting all the goodwill despite having a hand in her terrible mental state.

twilightgarden

VIP Member
Okay so started watching this tonight first episode I have no idea but it’s sad :( second ... omg that rob is dodgy as hell! Slept with the skeleton that defo makes me think he just wanted her and now he’s happy no one else can have her whether she’s dead or alive ? As she wanted a divorce can tell he’s not wired right was basically him .... murder for hire ... :(

& to be that vile to her son shows a lot. Even if he was a brat at 13? So? Holding that against him for life is bad :(
Agreed, Rob is dodgy AF!

Im not sure if he did it but think he was definitely involved and probably arranged it all.
very odd he changed the locks the day after she went missing so Patrice’s son couldn’t get into the house.
Also very weird he wanted to see the skeleton laid out and kissed the skull then slept with her ashes?!
If he had a degree in Criminology he’d know how to do it so he wouldn’t get caught.

quinzel

VIP Member
I love the little nod to Robert Stack in the opening credits! The true star of UM all those years ago. His voice was perfect.

KINGAA

VIP Member
Binged Watched all of these and the guy on the rooftop was the most puzzling. Id love to hear how that played out. They were all so sad , the ufo one didn't interest me as much, very random.
I think he was in the Freemasons with his friend and did something they didn’t like so killed him then dumped the body through the roof to look like suicide. Would be interested to see if those injury’s correlated to falling from such a height as the hotel roof which was almost impossible.

• Heart

Tif

Does this give you the creeps if you get what I mean? I like stuff like this but can’t deal with scary stuff if that makes any sense 🤣🙃

Blondie

VIP Member
I have them on my list but I'm still getting used to podcasts. I think I'm yet to listen to a full one lol

Reactions: 1

Prettyiconic55

The guy on the roof...i definitely think his friend writing the financial reports had a hand in his death. I did some research (wiki) and it said that his friend had been in trouble for sending fake market info out and a lot of people had lost money so maybe those people killed him. I think they killed him then placed his phone on him, hence why it didn’t smash.

the guy who was killed at the party, they’ve either exhumed the body or re-opened the case

as for the French guy who killed his whole family, he was drowning in debt due to bad business decisions and he had the familial contacts which would make it easy for him to disappear.

i think the guy whose wife vanished from the salon definitely had a hand in it. And he is a bastard for not letting the son have the ashes. And who keeps ashes the way he keeps them?!

Caffeine Fiend

VIP Member
Just a little thing about Crime Junkie, they have been accused of plagiarism in the past and it was proven that some of there episodes were actually word for word the same as other podcasts who had did the research. The episodes were removed but they never addressed it. It makes me sad because Ashley has a voice for the radio and they do so much for the LGBQT community.

Other podcasts with 2 female hosts I listen to, Redhanded, Morbid and Sinisterhood.

truffletrot

VIP Member
Does this give you the creeps if you get what I mean? I like stuff like this but can’t deal with scary stuff if that makes any sense 🤣🙃

yes!! I found this show gripping (and unresolved mysteries thread on reddit), but I’ve definitely thought to myself afterwards ‘is this healthy’ because it makes you a bit paranoid!

twilightgarden

VIP Member
Other podcasts with 2 female hosts I listen to, Redhanded, Morbid and Sinisterhood.
Thanks so much for the RedHanded recommendation, it’s great! The banter between them is funny and it’s obvious they’ve researched the cases themselves.
Can you be addicted to a podcast? 🤔

Treesy19

VIP Member
Yes I was just about to ask about the clean feet. Shoes found some distance away (over a mile?) and yet her feet were not consistent with having walked it. Also didn’t they say the feet were cut as if cut off by something NOT the train?

Reading up on Reddit I agree with people on there saying Pat witnessed something he shouldn’t on the water, probably drug related and the family friend with the drug addiction knew something. The corrupt camera files felt like too much of a coincidence cause they’ll probably all be in on what goes on on those waters.
100% what I think too. The waterways must be a major drugs entrance.

twilightgarden

VIP Member
I can’t work out whether Rey was a bit of a social climber who got caught up in the underworld or whether he may have been in a secret relationship with his childhood Male friend and someone was about to expose it. I don’t think he fell into the hole, I think he was placed here after being killed. Also that note was really strange! 😬
Ive only watched this episode so far. Like you, I don’t think it was suicide and his injuries weren’t consistent with the fall. His wife said he was scared of heights and I don’t think he would have made that shape of hole if he jumped from the higher roof. All very weird! I wonder if it was something to do with his work? It seems so odd that a guy who was his pal and boss has totally clammed and lawyered up and made his employees do the same. Fishy!
feel really sorry for his wife as she doesnt have closure over what happened.