Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wynonna

Chatty Member
I prefer the old Unsolved Mysteries which is on Amazon Prime. The new one has too much filler

Reactions: 5

barbiegirl2000

Chatty Member
Re episode 3, was it really an unsolved mystery though? They knew who did it so imho it seemed out of place in this series.
Think it was more a case of getting it out there again in the hope someone might come forward with info about her whereabouts.
I’m still reeling from the first series and the guy who murdered his family, put their bodies under the house and then disappeared. The thought he’s out there somewhere creeps me the hell out.

truffletrot

VIP Member
I enjoyed this series (didn’t bother with the alien episode though). The one with the Count who murdered his family was disgusting, felt so sorry for his poor victims. Imagine your own dad shooting you point blank?

the one with the guy who went to a party and was found in a lake... it was odd that they him found him after searchers had been there but there also wasn’t enough evidence to say he had been murdered... I think the family argued “why would he walk to the stream Himself when he doesn’t know the area?” Well, when it comes to drunk people literally anything goes, it’s not a rational state

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
Some of the unrecoverable items of clothing were unrecoverable because quite frankly there were pieces of her all over the woods for several kilometres. Some of it must have been picked up by animals. Train impact deaths are horrendous. Her uncle's search party was finding pieces everywhere weeks after the tragedy and most of her body didn't make it to the cremation. Dumping her phone, stripping some clothes off as she headed to her death are consistent with someone in the full grip of mental illness.

Nothing unsolved or mysterious about it except how her parents are now getting all the goodwill despite having a hand in her terrible mental state.
I would say the clean feet is a bit mysterious. If she had been walking along the tracks / in a wooded area shoeless, would there not be evidence of that on her feet?

barbiegirl2000

Chatty Member
Agree about the Tiffany case - I do think that was a suicide.

Pat Mullins I'm not sure - we can never know what someone is thinking so his family saying he wouldn't commit suicide sadly doesn't sway me. It was similar with the Tiffany case.
Reading up on Reddit I agree with people on there saying Pat witnessed something he shouldn’t on the water, probably drug related and the family friend with the drug addiction knew something. The corrupt camera files felt like too much of a coincidence cause they’ll probably all be in on what goes on on those waters.

• Sad

Justhereforacreep

The Patrice episode - husband was defo dodgy. Even if he wasn’t involved in the murder the fact he locked a teenager out of his home right after his mom went missing doesn’t sit right with me. Wasn’t a nice guy IMO, even if he ‘didn’t like’ the son as his own words it was a shitty thing to do

truffletrot

VIP Member
I was going to skip the one with the count as it was subtitled but I’m glad I didn’t. I think it was him but what got me was that there was no blood at all in the house from the 5 shootings.
He apparently gave them sleeping tablets and then put them in the hole before he shot them

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4

quinzel

VIP Member
I think the parental abduction ones and the body in the suitcase episodes are important because they will gain so much exposure, increasing the chance that these people will be caught and the children found. I really hope so.

• Heart

Holidaysun

Chatty Member
The lady in the lake- why did he have her beads? He was so involved
I feel heartbroken it was so clearly covered up

Lonewolf

VIP Member
The episode about Patrice got me! Her husband was so controlling and don’t get me started on his behaviour at the end......he is the most controlling and possessive guy, even in death he wanted to ‘Own’ her. Weird and creepy
Oooh yes I'd forgot about him and his creepiness 😲 total fruitloop!

barbiegirl2000

Chatty Member
Netflix have totally wasted this series making stuff up, and it shows in the fact they have solved none of these cases since series 1 to date.

Instead of going after real criminal cold cases that could use the publicity, they're giving us hourlong episodes on ghosts and the frauds who claim to see them, obvious suicides and obvious overdose, UFOs and Bigfoot. If you have any information on this haunted house please go to unsolved.com, thanks Netflix. :rolleyes:

Another obvious suicide dressed up as suspicious to appease a family in denial who always swear up and down (after the fact) that this was the happiest person alive who could never take their own life. Same as the Tiffany case and Buffalo Jim, the case for murder is based on no forensics whatsoever, only hysterical family members' opinions.
I don’t see the Pat case as suicide. The re-enactment showed how hard it would have been to shoot yourself in the head from that angle. As well as there being no evidence on the skull as a contact shot. Plus his body was still in good condition after being in the water for 10 days? No animals attacking it? I’ve just watched this episode and it just doesn’t feel like suicide to me.

annanuttall

VIP Member
I like the UFO eps 🫣🥲 but I am a bit of a loser like that.

The Tiffany Valiante case is so weird. The fact that some of her clothes haven’t been recovered seems so odd. The footage of her walking down the driveway is really creepy. I think she could have easily been suicidal but whether she killed herself or not is definitely up for debate!
I was reading on Reddit ( link ), and the UM missed out on loads of details, such as Tiffany coming out to her parents because she was gay,
and they got angry. The people in the town all believe it is a suicide, and the mum is having a hard time letting go. She broke up with her GF, and her parents found out about credit card fraud, so she was probably scared of being reported. They also skimmed over that she was depressed and wasn't always happy. Her friends refused to be interviewed for UM.

UM - Unsolved Mysteries.

• Sad

Casperron

VIP Member
I think he was in the Freemasons with his friend and did something they didn’t like so killed him then dumped the body through the roof to look like suicide. Would be interested to see if those injury’s correlated to falling from such a height as the hotel roof which was almost impossible.
They said it didn’t collerate, something to do with his shin injuries

hehehe

VIP Member
The murderous girlfriend one - the unsolved mystery is how she's completely disappeared in this day and age, and a call to find her.

So ... I was reading up on the athlete girl, and it seems Netflix left out a huge chunk of information (abusive parents, for starters) so as to position the case as potential murder, when the actual evidence shows stronger indications of suicide.

• Sad
I was going to skip the one with the count as it was subtitled but I’m glad I didn’t. I think it was him but what got me was that there was no blood at all in the house from the 5 shootings.

twilightgarden

VIP Member
Just a little thing about Crime Junkie, they have been accused of plagiarism in the past and it was proven that some of there episodes were actually word for word the same as other podcasts who had did the research. The episodes were removed but they never addressed it. It makes me sad because Ashley has a voice for the radio and they do so much for the LGBQT community.

Other podcasts with 2 female hosts I listen to, Redhanded, Morbid and Sinisterhood.
Oh really? That’s not good. I’ve just put on the very first episode and it’s quite good but the other girl every so often ‘engaging’ by saying ‘OMG, no way?!’ Is just irritating.

I’ll check out those other ones as I love podcasts

HAB88

Not sure if you're into podcasts, but if you enjoy this series then I think you may like Crime Junkie podcast. They take different stories like missing, murdered and serial killers etc. And discuss the case as part of the podcast. I enjoy listening when I'm cooking/cleaning or driving.