Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KINGAA

VIP Member
Netflix have totally wasted this series making stuff up, and it shows in the fact they have solved none of these cases since series 1 to date.

Instead of going after real criminal cold cases that could use the publicity, they're giving us hourlong episodes on ghosts and the frauds who claim to see them, obvious suicides and obvious overdose, UFOs and Bigfoot. If you have any information on this haunted house please go to unsolved.com, thanks Netflix. :rolleyes:
I mean… it’s called unsolved mysteries… not unsolved cold cases for a reason. They are mysteries because there isn’t any proof of anything, a mystery which might not always be true!

Reactions: 4

50sGirl

VIP Member
Didn't enjoy the ufo one.

How sad was the first episode though? I think that she got in a car with someone and they did something to her and then put her on the tracks. Possibly as a "joke" to frighten her and they didn't realise a train was coming. I just don't understand how if she committed suicide why her feet and hands were fine. As if you jump in front of a train every part of you will suffer impact.
On reddit they have discussed this case and said that the child protection services had been in contact with the family, due to the mum hitting tiffany. So there was a lot more going on then in the show. There is also the medical examiners report on one of the threads.

I hope the bitch from ep 3 gets picked up sharpish.
Re episode 3, was it really an unsolved mystery though? They knew who did it so imho it seemed out of place in this series.

Reactions: 3

hehehe

VIP Member
Netflix have totally wasted this series making stuff up, and it shows in the fact they have solved none of these cases since series 1 to date.

Instead of going after real criminal cold cases that could use the publicity, they're giving us hourlong episodes on ghosts and the frauds who claim to see them, obvious suicides and obvious overdose, UFOs and Bigfoot. If you have any information on this haunted house please go to unsolved.com, thanks Netflix. :rolleyes:

Another obvious suicide dressed up as suspicious to appease a family in denial who always swear up and down (after the fact) that this was the happiest person alive who could never take their own life. Same as the Tiffany case and Buffalo Jim, the case for murder is based on no forensics whatsoever, only hysterical family members' opinions.

MaxieMoo

VIP Member
Its baaacccck

The first episode: stolen kids

💔💔💔💔💔💔
I watched that last night. How terrible. Those poor little boys.

One thing that I couldn't understand was the Mother of the second missing child said she didn't know a child had been taken from the park previously. Had she known she would not have taken her son there. That doesn't make any sense as it happened only a few months earlier and she has no knowledge of it??

Hope they get closure one day.

Pippylogstocks2

The episode about Patrice got me! Her husband was so controlling and don’t get me started on his behaviour at the end......he is the most controlling and possessive guy, even in death he wanted to ‘Own’ her. Weird and creepy
I thought this too! God he was a bloody oddbod, I don’t think son was far off from knowing something with him wasn’t right! Also the last episode was so upsetting, that she had basically all of her daughters lie and it’s massivley obvious she killed her ex husband and then killed her daughter so she could have her son. Weird people

Casperron

VIP Member
Reys case puzzled me the most, and after thinking about it I think I've come up with my theory. The call he recieved was a set up made to look like an emergency sort thing to get him to that parking lot to set the scene. From the parking lot I believe he was probably bundled into a vehicle by people or hitmen arranged by porter. The motive was probably money or information. Convienantly porter himself was out of town knowing that if the police were to look at him there's his alibi. Rey was taken somewhere and badly brutally beaten up probably already dead by the end of it. Whoever it was would of wanted to cause severe injuries to make it look consistent with falling because that's the plan they had. Get his car to the parking lot next to it as if he were there and make it look like he jumped himself. They take him back place him into that room and created the hole themselves. Placing his belongings around it. Porter was a wealthy man and I'm sure had many connections which is also why I believe he would of had a role in getting the cctv turned off that night. Because if there's no cctv it can be proved that he Didn't jump! The hole just seems impossible to me the way the roof was and how far out the hole was from the roof and the shape of it , falling from such a height and going into something feet first? Don't believe it. He was never actually in that hotel
Must have fell out of a helicopter or something but then doesn’t explain his belongings being untouched

Got to be the illuminati

Trixabellee9393

Okay so started watching this tonight first episode I have no idea but it’s sad :( second ... omg that rob is dodgy as hell! Slept with the skeleton that defo makes me think he just wanted her and now he’s happy no one else can have her whether she’s dead or alive ? As she wanted a divorce can tell he’s not wired right was basically him .... murder for hire ... :(

& to be that vile to her son shows a lot. Even if he was a brat at 13? So? Holding that against him for life is bad :(

Atiyah

Ah really! I always pop one on when I’m cleaning, makes it less of a chore lol Red Handed is good too & if yu want a laugh then true crime obsessed is hilarious x

Mgc85

I think the parental abduction ones and the body in the suitcase episodes are important because they will gain so much exposure, increasing the chance that these people will be caught and the children found. I really hope so.
Yes, actually that makes sense and I hope the same.

hehehe

VIP Member
Not really a mystery though when the forensics point squarely to suicide and the only counterargument is "I know for sure X would never take their own life!" Also UFOs, Bigfoot etc are all bullshit, not mysteries.

annanuttall

VIP Member
I think with UM they should split it into two - one for real people mysteries and the other for paranormal mysterious stories. I found myself enjoying the paranormal UM the best.

JD-Morgan

I really enjoyed the first episode, skipped the alien one cause that sort of thing is a load of bull in my opinion

Frustrates me that they're unsolved, especially the one with the black man who died at the party, there's no way he died accidentally.

Just binge watched a load of this doing the ironing. This is right up my street. I used to love watching cold case files I think it was called

YouTube has almost ever ep of forensic files ever if that’s your bag. sooo easy to slip down a rabbit hole for a few hours xx

GiftedNotFree

VIP Member
I like the UFO eps 🫣🥲 but I am a bit of a loser like that.

The Tiffany Valiante case is so weird. The fact that some of her clothes haven’t been recovered seems so odd. The footage of her walking down the driveway is really creepy. I think she could have easily been suicidal but whether she killed herself or not is definitely up for debate!

Casperron

VIP Member
Does this give you the creeps if you get what I mean? I like stuff like this but can’t deal with scary stuff if that makes any sense 🤣🙃
Don’t worry I am the same never in my life would I watch a horror movie but this is more investigative and it’s not about ghosts etc or anything graphic, it’s more about the story on why they disappeared

Reactions: 2

Casperron

VIP Member
I was hooked on this series, definitely think the Rey guy was killed by the Freemasons. How on earth could a body make a hole in a roof, even if it was dropped from a helicopter or something? Also Patrice’s husband 100% had her killed. He was so creepy and protesting too much when he was on about the receipt that was conveniently time stamped Around the time she went missing!
Her poor son 😭 also I Found it odd that the husband just kept her ashes in a box in the cupboard - he was awful and clearly thought he ‘owned’ her even in death!
The french one was scary, how can someone do that to their own family and then disappear off the face of the earth, it’s baffling.

And the last one was so so sad. The mother is absolutely pure evil yet she has custody of her grandson which is what she wanted all along! I can’t believe this stuff goes on in real life.
100% he murdered her. No innocent person would act like that. He

Reactions: 2