Unpopular opinions #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Primark getting expensive now or is it just me ? I’ve not been in the place for several years but i remember getting a basketful for £20, same basket now is about £100 .. thoughts…
I don’t go in there 😂
no offence but the material alone is likely to go up in flames even beside an unlit candle 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Sometimes I don’t like mod posts on here in case it looks like I am sucking up.
On the contrary, I have a list like a bitter North Pole elf, I mess with your account if you don’t like my posts 😏 fuckers the lot of you 😐

I was just thinking this. But Ooooh cracks me up so much I feel churlish if I don't hit a reaction
I don't hit any when she is being harsh on me though, so there!

I don't really see many other mod posts.
Im probably always half a post away from being fired to be honest 😐

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Unpopular opinion:
Mothers should not use the news that somebody else has given birth to remind everyone of the gorey details of their child's birth, including but not limited to details of them getting ripped, details of them shitting themselves, or details of how sore their leaky boobs were

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’m waiting for someone to say dogs shouldn’t be categorised as male and female soon.
I’d rather do the awkward thing when you’re in the park and call a dog “she” and it’s actually a he, so you correct yourself the next time and out yourself as having checked out the poor dog’s junk 😩

Hip thrusts are worse than Bulgarian split squats and I hate them. Fed up of seeing them everywhere. Not worth the hassle 😤

Reactions: 2
My partner was (only half jokingly) asked whether he misgendered a dog in a cafe in Glasgow a while back. You won’t be surprised to learn we were near the university.
I hope he was arrested :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Unpopular opinion:
Mothers should not use the news that somebody else has given birth to remind everyone of the gorey details of their child's birth, including but not limited to details of them getting ripped, details of them shitting themselves, or details of how sore their leaky boobs were
similar feelings towards the natural home birth/so empowering/the most beautiful bonding experience…. with a doola instead of a doctor mumbojumbo.
There is nothing empowering about slopping around in a kids swimming pool in the middle on your kitchen with a woman who has no bra’s to her name and clearly never owned a hairbrush telling you to ride out the pain and push an actual human being out of your fanny with a smile on you face.
Instagram doesn’t need to see that tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Is Primark getting expensive now or is it just me ? I’ve not been in the place for several years but i remember getting a basketful for £20, same basket now is about £100 .. thoughts…
I don't shop much anymore, but I do venture in every few to replace the velvet furry lined leggings (winter essential). It has been increasing steadily over the years, but quality is most definitely decreasing. It's prices started to match more H&M and New look. I'd pick up a dress and it's be like £25, when they used to be £13, or £8 before that haha. I mean everything inflates, but it used to be significantly cheaper than it's competitors.

Reactions: 10
Unpopular opinion...

Older children should not be expected to become unpaid babysitters for their younger siblings.
As someone who basically raised their youngest brother ( he even called me mammy several times as a baby) You’re absolutely right, I missed out on so much because I had to constantly babysit him and my other siblings.

I would come home from school and constantly have to be with him because my mam and dad had too many kids to look after because they didn’t know how to use a condom 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Unpopular opinion...

Older children should not be expected to become unpaid babysitters for their younger siblings.
100% agree! Every so often is okay, in an emergency or unforeseen circumstance etc, but I feel for kids who’s childhood/teen years are stunted by there parents choices.

Reactions: 21
As someone who basically raised their youngest brother ( he even called me mammy several times as a baby) You’re absolutely right, I missed out on so much because I had to constantly babysit him and my other siblings.

I would come home from school and constantly have to be with him because my mam and dad had too many kids to look after because they didn’t know how to use a condom 🤦🏻‍♀️
Are you one of the Radfords?

• Haha
Reactions: 12

By the time I was a teen my mam decided she didn't need to parent my 4 year old brother anymore so basically I end up raising him. I'm actually surprised he didn't call me mammy too! My school life suffered immensely.

Basically don't have children if you selfishly can't care for them. I have stopped at 1 child because it's all I can handle and I know it.

Reactions: 14
Are you one of the Radfords?
🤣 I think I would just lock myself up in an asylum if I had that many siblings.

Like don’t get me wrong my mother is good in her own way and a good mother albeit her problems and she has thanked me in the past for helping me raise them.

By the time I was a teen my mam decided she didn't need to parent my 4 year old brother anymore so basically I end up raising him. I'm actually surprised he didn't call me mammy too! My school life suffered immensely.
It is crazy how many people have had this experience. I remember making sure he was fed, dressed and washed before leaving for school as he slept in the bed with me since he was a baby till he was around 5 or 6

• Haha
Reactions: 8
i Hate these..all those flowers and bows and toot all over them !
im 100% with you on the mismatched baubles tree..ones that you build up over the years..memories when you put up your tree ones from holidays, or gifts, ones chosen by your kids or handed down ...it may not be inst fashionable but i prefer them
Agree. Nothing matches on my tree and I love it. Insta perfect trees do my head in

• Heart
Reactions: 9
i Hate these..all those flowers and bows and toot all over them !
im 100% with you on the mismatched baubles tree..ones that you build up over the years..memories when you put up your tree ones from holidays, or gifts, ones chosen by your kids or handed down ...it may not be inst fashionable but i prefer them
I LOVE a mis-matched tree. My tree (yes, it's already up) is a glorious mix of traditional reds, golds and greens, mis-matched baubles we buy every year, and a bunch of foam santas my kids have coloured in. No tinsel and a tit ton of lights. perfect.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It's probably not an unpopular opinion, but I'm going to say it anyway. How long are Universal Credit going to use Covid 19, as an excuse not to make housecalls to do health assessments? Not everyone is mobile or well enough, to travel to an assessment centre.
The real reason of course, is they do everything they can to wriggle out of paying disability benefits to those in most need of them.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.